IGNORED

Does President Obama play too much Golf?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It comes from the premiums they have been paying. There is a reason why the conservatives used to love the individual mandate. It requires personal responsibility.

Originally Posted by David in FL

So you seem to believe in some form of personal responsibility in everything except medical care.....

Let me ask it this way. For those who are now magically covered by Obamacare, when they incur medical expenses, how do those expenses get paid? Where does the money come from?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Insurance-profits-soar-after-health-care-overhaul-2444743.php

Just to give you an example of what WOULDN'T happen with a TRICARE-like healthcare contractor, here's a little story about how the Healthcare Insurance companies decided to stick it to their customers by raising rates for no reason since Obamacare was passed.  It wasn't because of any increased costs on their part because of Obamacare, by the way.  It was because they got together and decided they could raise rates and make more profit.

They screwed Americans, but because we'd rather pay the bill than die (and they KNOW we would) they decide they can get together and screw us all over.

What would you pay to save your loved ones' lives?

Yeah...they know the answer to that, and they have no qualms about taking as much as they can.

And this is the system you support?

At further risk, and only to explain -- When State Healthcare Exchanges are established in 2014, those who are refused health care, can obtain it and pay for it by reviewing and purchasing health care plans on these exchanges. Those who cannot afford health care, can qualify for federal assistance based on guidelines.

The federal government will also sponsor two health insurance plans as explained in the NY Times on Friday:

The Obama administration will soon take on a new role as the sponsor of at least two nationwide health insurance plans to be operated under contract with the federal government and offered to consumers in every state.

Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images

Ronald F. Pollack of the consumer group Families USA sees potential benefits, and problems, with the multistate insurance.

These multistate plans were included in President Obama ’s health care law as a substitute for a pure government-run health insurance program — the public option sought by many liberal Democrats and reviled by Republicans. Supporters of the national plans say they will increase competition in state health insurance markets, many of which are dominated by a handful of companies.

The national plans will compete directly with other private insurers and may have some significant advantages, including a federal seal of approval. Premiums and benefits for the multistate insurance plans will be negotiated by the United States Office of Personnel Management , the agency that arranges health benefits for federal employees.

Walton J. Francis, the author of a consumer guide to health plans for federal employees, said the personnel agency had been “extraordinarily successful” in managing that program, which has more than 200 health plans, including about 20 offered nationwide. The personnel agency has earned high marks for its ability to secure good terms for federal workers through negotiation rather than heavy-handed regulation of insurers.

John J. O’Brien, the director of health care and insurance at the agency, said the new plans would be offered to individuals and small employers through the insurance exchanges being set up in every state under the 2010 health care law.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last time I checked, to get a job as a doctor you had to go to college and medical school, but hey you're the critical thinker.

I happen to know a number of unemployed people with a college education - Bill Gates didn't graduate and he's one of the richest men in the world - so much for the correlation between education and income.

You need to do some work on your critical thinking if you can't discern between making your money work for you and paying for college.  I got a hair cut today, big investment in myself, now the new customers I meet with see my well groomed hair and be more likely to do business with me. I might have to buy a new suit, what's the deduction for that?  I like your critical thinking ways when can your convince Obama to have you view of investments written into the tax code?

BTW, you're no one special, if I don't hire you because YOU INVESTED in your education, I'll hire someone else.  Your education might qualify you for a job, but there are likely 1000 others just as qualified so don't over value yourself because you went to college.  Lots of people, including myself went to college - the paper isn't worth as much as it was in the 80's

A guy that mows lawns for a living likely didn't INVEST in his college education, but his company profits from him and his experience too.

Just make sure you declare all the money you're making on those precious metals....

Originally Posted by dave67az

I'm a critical thinker.  ...

As for the education thing, it's a perfect example because you aren't required to get an education to get a job.  There IS a direct correlation between education and income.  If I invest my money in education and get a better job, increasing my income, it's no different than if I had invested that money directly in a company to increase my income.  No difference.  And if my education makes me a better worker, it also benefits both the company and its investors, just as I said.  So YOU'RE profiting from my education and experience as well.  But because I wasted my money on education instead of investing it, I should have to pay 20% on the profits I received from my education while you only pay 14% on your income resulting from my increased performance.  Yeah, that seems fair.

You're a few years late on your claims of economic demise, by the way.  Just go ahead and keep buying all the gold you can, just like Glenn Beck tells you to.  I'm loving it because you keep driving up the price of my Precious Metals and Minerals fund.  lol

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Last time I checked, to get a job as a doctor you had to go to college and medical school, but hey you're the critical thinker.

I happen to know a number of unemployed people with a college education - Bill Gates didn't graduate and he's one of the richest men in the world - so much for the correlation between education and income.

You need to do some work on your critical thinking if you can't discern between making your money work for you and paying for college.  I got a hair cut today, big investment in myself, now the new customers I meet with see my well groomed hair and be more likely to do business with me.     I might have to buy a new suit, what's the deduction for that?  I like your critical thinking ways when can your convince Obama to have you view of investments written into the tax code?

BTW, you're no one special, if I don't hire you because YOU INVESTED in your education, I'll hire someone else.  Your education might qualify you for a job, but there are likely 1000 others just as qualified so don't over value yourself because you went to college.  Lots of people, including myself went to college - the paper isn't worth as much as it was in the 80's

A guy that mows lawns for a living likely didn't INVEST in his college education, but his company profits from him and his experience too.

Just make sure you declare all the money you're making on those precious metals....

http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_chart_001.htm

And I'm done.  Thanks for playing.

"And then they spent 24 pages arguing about me when they could have been out playing golf instead. You couldn't make this shit up! Anyway, who wants another Dogfish Head? It's Mikey's round."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

The income from your job gets taxed as income.  If I take the money from my job and invest it and you take the money from your job and take vacations and buy golf clubs why should I be taxed twice at the same rate for managing my money better?

That's the issue at hand, you want people to invest their money and there needs to be an incentive to do so otherwise everyone will pull their money out of stocks and banks.  Do you know what happens when people pull their money out of banks and stocks?  Maybe that's why you're pro-Obama you don't understand how capitalism works.

You can't be serious. So you are saying that people won't invest because they get taxed? Because if they pull it out and stick it under their mattress is just about the dumbest thing anybody can do with their money. Ask anybody with a lot of money. They will never pass up an investment because there may be tax implications,

And BTW, nobody's money is getting taxed twice. Your initial investment is whole. The only thing that gets taxed is gains.

Bill M

You can pick all the outliers you want, but it is a fact that there is a documented correlation between education and income. That is a FACT.

Bill M

Let's just ignore the rest of my post.  There are plenty of people that don't have a college education and do quite well, when's the last time you paid a plumber, electrician or had some work done on your car?  I also know a number of college educated people that are jobless, I get their resumes whenever I post a job opening.

Life isn't as simple or black and white as you libs would like it to be, but I get it now, if a liberal says something, it's a fact,  if a conservative says it's a fact, he's wrong or quoting biased reports.  I'm going to play golf guys, have fun.

We'll get back together after the election and have a beer.

Originally Posted by phan52

You can pick all the outliers you want, but it is a fact that there is a documented correlation between education and income. That is a FACT.

Joe Paradiso

All these labels ...

www.nolabels.org

Follow the example of our President who golfs and even drinks a beer, and play.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If you like here are some articles about your investment in education that's a sure thing.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/04/53-of-recent-college-grads-are-jobless-or-underemployed-how/256237/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/09/28/college-default/1591933/

Point is college education doesn't guarantee employment, and people aren't investing in their education, they are borrowing money.  There's a difference, borrowed money isn't earned.

Now I'm done.

Joe Paradiso

Let's just ignore the rest of my post.  There are plenty of people that don't have a college education and do quite well, when's the last time you paid a plumber, electrician or had some work done on your car?  I also know a number of college educated people that are jobless, I get their resumes whenever I post a job opening.

Life isn't as simple or black and white as you libs would like it to be, but I get it now, if a liberal says something, it's a fact,  if a conservative says it's a fact, he's wrong or quoting biased reports.  I'm going to play golf guys, have fun.

We'll get back together after the election and have a beer.

Actually it is as simple as black and white. I don't make shlt up. I deal in facts, but you keep your head in the sand.

These are the facts:

http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_chart_001.htm

Bill M

If you like here are some articles about your investment in education that's a sure thing.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/04/53-of-recent-college-grads-are-jobless-or-underemployed-how/256237/

Point is college education doesn't guarantee employment, and people aren't investing in their education, they are borrowing money.  There's a difference, borrowed money isn't earned.

Now I'm done.

Translation: I got nothing.

Bill M

What is the unemployment rate among recent high school grads. About 2x the college rate last I checked. You are investing in your education. Wether you do that with borrowed money or not doesn't matter. Thinking of real estate as a more traditional investment that is done with borrowed money. Now people definitely do bad investments (i.e. pretty much any college that advertises when their sports team isn't playing, paying 50k/year for a no name private school (to make it simple anyone outside the top 25 in the rankings) when they invest in themselves. That is true for any type of investment though.

Now I'm done.

"Does President Obama play too much Golf?"

Boy did this thread got 10,000,000 miles "OFF TOPIC" so might as well go all the way!

As far as Obama playing to much golf? Playing too much golf is the least of his inadequacies! I can't recall a President that has divided the country so sharply as Obama has in just about any policy you can think of. He has no ability at all to lead and compromise to come up with valid solutions to problems that a vast majority can live with. That is a direct reflection of " Piss Poor Leadership " on his part. I've had Lieutenant's and Captains in the Light Infantry that would run circles around this clown when it comes to being a leader. It's sad to see this great nation bickering amongst themselves, blaming each other for both sides shortcommings. But that's what happens when you have " Piss Poor Leaders " in charge. A lot of finger pointing and blaming instead of sound solutions and compromise!

One thing I learned as a Light Infantry Sergeant years ago was that if you show sound leadership qualities, your subordinates will follow you through the gates of hell. My inspiration as a leader has come from men like Dick Winters, Battalion commander of 2nd Battalion 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne during WWII. I want to believe that there are still men out there like Colonel Winters but unfortunately for every single American in this country today that type of man and leader has not stepped up to the plate since 1952.

I personally don't believe there's is a good choice in candidates that can provide coherant leadership and bring the country together in this upcoming election. It is what it is,,,It's just a shame to see this great nation lead by incompetent leaders like Obama( and not much better with Romney) when there has to be better men(or women) out there that have actual leadership skills that can bring the country together without all this bickering and finger pointing!

God help us!!!!!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Originally Posted by Parker0065

Boy did this thread got 10,000,000 miles "OFF TOPIC" so might as well go all the way!

As far as Obama playing to much golf? Playing too much golf is the least of his inadequacies! I can't recall a President that has divided the country so sharply as Obama has in just about any policy you can think of. He has no ability at all to lead and compromise to come up with valid solutions to problems that a vast majority can live with. That is a direct reflection of "Piss Poor Leadership" on his part. I've had Lieutenant's and Captains in the Light Infantry that would run circles around this clown when it comes to being a leader. It's sad to see this great nation bickering amongst themselves, blaming each other for both sides shortcommings. But that's what happens when you have "Piss Poor Leaders" in charge. A lot of finger pointing and blaming instead of sound solutions and compromise!

One thing I learned as a Light Infantry Sergeant years ago was that if you show sound leadership qualities, your subordinates will follow you through the gates of hell. My inspiration as a leader has come from men like Dick Winters, Battalion commander of 2nd Battalion 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne during WWII. I want to believe that there are still men out there like Colonel Winters but unfortunately for every single American in this country today that type of man and leader has not stepped up to the plate since 1952.

I personally don't believe there's is a good choice in candidates that can provide coherant leadership and bring the country together in this upcoming election. It is what it is,,,It's just a shame to see this great nation lead by incompetent leaders like Obama( and not much better with Romney) when there has to be better men(or women) out there that have actual leadership skills that can bring the country together without all this bickering and finger pointing!

God help us!!!!!!!!

+1

Dick Winters in h

Originally Posted by Parker0065

As far as Obama playing to much golf? Playing too much golf is the least of his inadequacies! I can't recall a President that has divided the country so sharply as Obama has in just about any policy you can think of. He has no ability at all to lead and compromise to come up with valid solutions to problems that a vast majority can live with. That is a direct reflection of "Piss Poor Leadership" on his part. I've had Lieutenant's and Captains in the Light Infantry that would run circles around this clown when it comes to being a leader. It's sad to see this great nation bickering amongst themselves, blaming each other for both sides shortcommings. But that's what happens when you have "Piss Poor Leaders" in charge. A lot of finger pointing and blaming instead of sound solutions and compromise!

God help us!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I tried.

While I agree with you on Obama not being in front of the American public, not taking the lead soon enough on the debt issue, and his staff being inadequate and insulated, the remainder of your posts reads like a Rush Limbaugh harangue. That may be a compliment to you. It is not.

Obama has accomplished much that has been good, even great. But given your post, you won't hear about it from your sources.

It is ironic that the President can only blame himself for this election being close. He gave Romney credibility during the first debate and made him acceptable by not carving him up - which he easily could have done, even without preparation. But Obama hates games like those debates. And Romney, being a salesman and closer, enjoys them.

And now it looks as if Romney may win the election. If he is the Mitt that appeared in the second and third debates, things would not be bad. But Romney sold his soul to the far right. And if one looks at the present Republican Party, going back to Bush 43, going back to the 50's on social issues, relying on states to provide adequate health care, and providing more defense spending - seems backwards, nonsensical, and will not reduce the debt. We will be electing Shallow Hal.

Good luck out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker0065 View Post

As far as Obama playing to much golf? Playing too much golf is the least of his inadequacies! I can't recall a President that has divided the country so sharply as Obama has in just about any policy you can think of. He has no ability at all to lead and compromise to come up with valid solutions to problems that a vast majority can live with. That is a direct reflection of " Piss Poor Leadership " on his part. I've had Lieutenant's and Captains in the Light Infantry that would run circles around this clown when it comes to being a leader. It's sad to see this great nation bickering amongst themselves, blaming each other for both sides shortcommings. But that's what happens when you have " Piss Poor Leaders " in charge. A lot of finger pointing and blaming instead of sound solutions and compromise!

God help us!!!!!!!!

+1

Dick Winters in h

U finish with how your sick of finger pointing, but all your subject matter is finger pointing. And your solution is to put a 90yr old relic type in office?? Politics is like religion, Nothing anyone says here is going to change anyone's mind about their views, yet this thread continues to spew page after page of one sided opinions followed by more one sided angry rebuttals. Thread is going nowhere wasting precious disk space with distorted opinions created from misinterpreted facts. Someone put this horse in a rocket headed for mars... No wait! tax payers would have to pay for it, causing another person to start yet another pointless never ending thread on a golf forum....

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!