IGNORED

Why is this club 800$?

AnthonyGraziano
Note: This thread is 4519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually got to hit a driver like this recently, it's pretty good.  It's more expensive because the materials are of a much higher quality, the shaft put in is good shaft, not a "made for" and for a company like Royal Collection it's marketing.  Low price point means the driver is crap, Japanese marketing.  Not a bad price when compared to the other Japanese drivers

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why?

It is Japanese Domestic and comes with a nice shaft. Lots of Japanese Domestic Drivers are $1100 and more....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It puts the elusive top spin on the ball. ;-)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by B-Con

It puts the elusive top spin on the ball.

That's what I am wondering.  Does it hit longer and straighter than my $150 TM Burner?  For that price I should be able to stay in the cart and send it out to hit the ball.

You should see homna clubs.  way more expensive...also Japanese, they all have real gold in them

http://honmagolf.com/honma/index.cfm?Page=index&Nav;=home&t;=y

doanld trump doesnt even use the most expensive irons

Tiger90

It's a different market over there. Asian golf magazines are loaded with ads for expensive status symbols like $4000+ watches. They resemble fashion magazines more then Golf Digest. A bucket of balls at the driving range I went to cost $17!  They hit into huge nets, the distance short. Green Fees are high, probably the driver is the only club most "golfers" will ever use - the more expensive the better. (Wait!  It's that way at the range here.)

TV commercials for  Honma are artistic with only the words Honma Golf. Like what more is to be said?

One "American" companies TV commercials markets irons called "impress"(really fugly) using Batman.  It looks like the trailer for the next Batman movie. (It's either Calloway or Taylor.)

Balls come in a rainbow of colors. (Color is the marketing gimmick - not distance or spin.)  Men's clubs also come in a rainbow of colors.

Gold Plated putters are available.  (Will the next Scotty for 2012 be the Golden Girl?)

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Note: This thread is 4519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!