IGNORED

Tebow...who's got the fever?

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a fan of Tim Tebow?

• Oh yea!
    • Eh, nah.
    • He's ok but, not worth the hype

If I'm not mistaken, he started that last drive in regulation at their side of the field with 30 seconds left. They ran 3 plays and he completed then all for gains of 9,11 and 17 yards. He also had no timeouts so i don't think anyone would have done better. What else you want? Him to go 3-3 and score a touchdown with no timeouts? I would love to see Tom Brady (who I root for) or Rodgers drive down the field just like he did

According to the Broncos website, it was 8 plays, 39 yards, in 53 seconds. Did it work out in the end? Yeah. Did Tebow make a few key throws? Yeah. But making a 59-yard field goal with time expiring is much more rare than driving 39 yards in nearly a minute. The worst part of all of this is the blatant apologizing by the media after last week's loss. Phil Simms was just itching to praise him for an 18-point loss to the worst pass defense in the league at home, with 250 yards of help from the running game (including, yes, 100 yards of his). He ran like a mad-man, I'll give him that (and Urlacher should shut up, the time for disrespect is not after you lose to someone), but he was lucky to complete half of his passes against the Pats, and that's the league's worst pass defense. His last few drives, where he had to throw because they were down, were just terrible. Sailing passes and bouncing them at receivers' feet. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a good enough guy and he can obviously fire up a team, but I don't think he'll ever win a Super Bowl. As clubchamp said, I think it's only a matter of time before defenses figure him out, maybe the Pats game was the start of that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

I like him alot.  I like the way he conducts himself and shows others respect on the field.  I remember watching a game and another player got hurt on the opposing team.  They had to bring out the cart and all that.  He clapped with the fans as the other player was being carted off.  I think he is a great role model for our children.

But in terms of skill, he is pretty freaky combo.  To be built like a RB and be able to throw at all is impressive.  I want to see what happens when he works with Elway in the off season and gets some better targets.  They need a really good recieving TE and a WR that can beat a team over the top.

I personally think he is going to win a superbowl.  Not because he is so great, but rather just a winner.

Unless Elway had a huge sudden change of heart he doesn't want Tebow and doesn't want a college option offense. Every radio interview he does he doesn't sound like he wants Tebow to be the QB of the Broncos future. I wouldn't even be shocked if they traded up to get RG3 or someone in the 2nd to mid rounds to try to develop. Tebow has won a lot of his games because the other teams handed it to them, chargers, vikings, bears(TWICE) could have easily been 3 losses. As I said sometimes everything bounces your way but at some point it won't and that's when Tebow will be exposed.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I am a huge Gators fan and a huge Tebow fan and i will be the first to say that he is not a great QB, but he is a winner.  He finds a way to get the job done, and i think the most important reason that he is winning is because he has inspired his team.

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Originally Posted by gators13

I am a huge Gators fan and a huge Tebow fan and i will be the first to say that he is not a great QB, but he is a winner.  He finds a way to get the job done, and i think the most important reason that he is winning is because he has inspired his team.

Agree with the above. I knew the Pats would smoke Denver but the Pats are such a high powered offense it would have taken a phenominal defensive effort to pull out the win. He seems like a decent guy and I wish him well (except against the Pats). My favorite stat in all of sports is the W so if this guy keeps winning who cares how it gets done.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Um, Rogers did do that against the Giants, 80 yards and touchdown.  Brady has done it many times (Superbowl 2002, no timeouts 1:21 on the clock).  Also, the Bears handed him that game.  Marion Barber should have walked home.

I am not against Tebow, but he has got to get much more accurate to succeed at QB.  50% will not cut it.  There are other running QBs that are much more accurate than him.  Tebow is missing receivers by 5 - 10 yards on some throws.  Running will certainly get him injured.  It is inevitable with all running QBs.

The Pats exposed that weakness even with there porous defense.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If I'm not mistaken, he started that last drive in regulation at their side of the field with 30 seconds left. They ran 3 plays and he completed then all for gains of 9,11 and 17 yards. He also had no timeouts so i don't think anyone would have done better. What else you want? Him to go 3-3 and score a touchdown with no timeouts? I would love to see Tom Brady (who I root for) or Rodgers drive down the field just like he did

Tebow's having a good year, no doubt about it. But both Brady and Rodgers are more than capable of taking their teams down the field for a game winning score. With the game on the line, those two guys are the best in the game at the moment.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by clubchamp

My theory on Tebow is a golf one right now he is having that round where all the kicks, bounces, and bad shots go your way. Soon he will have the round where nothing goes his way and he has like 2 or 3 games in a row throwing 4 ints. The D won't be able to get him out of the hole and it all comes down plus if it starts now he could cost them the division. Now with all that being said I'd still never bet against him but every team figured out the wild cat and they will figure out Tebow.

Man, I'm good... To be serious every team is figuring out that if you take away the run he can't make enough good throws to beat you.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I am probably not objective about Tebow, public faith displays during sporting events turn me off. I think his chances of being a successful NFL quarterback long term are at best 50/50. Going way back there have been tough guy quarterbacks who won for a period of time; Bobby Douglass, Joe Kapp, Jim McMahon. Injury risk is even greater than the already high NFL average. Dependence on the passing game is pervasive today. Improving his passing game skills, not just his throwing motion, will determine his long term success.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Below average quarterback.  Seriously, he sucks as a quarterback.  I never thought he was a good quarterback.

He is a good running back, though.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

How about now?

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

31 yards per throw, no picks, rush TD. 10-21 on pass attempts, but a couple were off his receiver's hands. Not the most accurate, unless you consider he was aiming for not Polamalu. But the Steelers couldn't sack him, pick him, or score field goals when they needed to.

Also the shortest 80 yard drive in overtime history!

In My Bag:

Sorry, still not buying it. He played well, but one game does not a quarterback make..

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by Yukari

Sorry, still not buying it. He played well, but one game does not a quarterback make..

how bout 8?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

One game? Where have you been this season?

In My Bag:

I think this was by far Tebow's best game, but still 10 for 21 isn't great, and the only time they scored in the second half was a field goal. He made a nice, on-target thrown, but 90% of that touchdown was Thomas. I think his poor showing in the last 3 games of the regular season, and his bad play in the second halves of the last four games, are signs that teams are figuring him out and making adjustments. I think that and the fact that they already played against him (and that the Pats just signed Josh McDaniels :-P) are really going to help the Patriots next week, and if I had to guess, I'd say the game comes down mostly to the Pats offense against the Denver defense. I could be wrong, but I we'll see.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Steelers D made a lot of mistakes.  Both Safeties were completely responsible for the loss.  They were way too aggressive and Tebow took advantage of it.  He's made some progress, but the Pats safeties will not play up like the Steelers did.  KC kept both safeties back their whole game and took away those deep in routs and the TE up route.

I thought his best pass was a back shoulder throw to Thomas down the left side line.  But there we times when he had a check down running back and didn't throw it.  I don't know if he didn't see it or what, but he has to take what is given and get rid of the ball quickly.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Steelers D made a lot of mistakes.  Both Safeties were completely responsible for the loss.  They were way too aggressive and Tebow took advantage of it.  He's made some progress, but the Pats safeties will not play up like the Steelers did.  KC kept both safeties back their whole game and took away those deep in routs and the TE up route.

I thought his best pass was a back shoulder throw to Thomas down the left side line.  But there we times when he had a check down running back and didn't throw it.  I don't know if he didn't see it or what, but he has to take what is given and get rid of the ball quickly.

NE's run defense is GARBAGE...and i hate to say it but if your (NE) safeties play back instead of up, he'll be able to throw to those so VERY obvious checkdown recievers/backs. denver has as much of a chance or better than NE to win that game next week. Run=tom brady off the field, which they will be able to do as NE's front looks like swiss cheese at best. the offense of NE isn't to be messed with and i'm by no means calling it a given...i'm just saying that denver's odds don't look THAT bad considering they're coming off their best performance in the last 4 weeks, and tebow's best of the year. just sayin lol *stirs the pot*

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!