IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

brocks
Note: This thread is 4470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I'm going to go with Woods, Olesen & McIlroy, in that order.  I guess I'm convinced that Woods truly is "back."

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Rock has won one time on tour. I will be interesting to see how he holds up against Tiger and Rory. He's a solid player, but a sunday against Tiger is not ordinary. I'm going to say Tiger, Rory or Hanson. In order. ;-)

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 way playoff with tiger, mcilroy and rock.....rock shocks the world..

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

This has been a fantastic tournament to watch... I'm surprised that Luke Donald isn't playing better than he is... 11 shots behind the leaders.  I was hoping he would hang tough with Rory and Tiger, but he has folded.

An even bigger disappointment was Martin Kaymer. He won at Abu Dhabi the last two years, and won by eight shots last year. Missed the cut, badly, this week. At this time last year, everybody thought that Kaymer and Graeme McDowell would be the two best golfers in the world, but they both fizzled. It's hard to win anything in this era, but it's *really* hard to stay on top for more than a year or two. That's what makes guys like Jack and Tiger so special. It will be interesting to see if Rory can do it.

So, what are your predictions for the top 3 tonight/tomorrow? Brandon

Any of a dozen guys are within striking distance, but you have to like Tiger to win. He shot a 66 without looking like he was doing anything. And his score has gotten better every day. Rory will be playing in the group ahead of Tiger, which is the worst place to be. Tiger will be able to watch him, and Rory will have to deal with a bunch of spectators who are attending a tournament for the first time, running around trying to get in position to see Tiger.

Here we go....on the west coast and going to stay up all night and watch this round....if you are a golf fan, this is great stuff...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Wow.  At first I really questioned Tiger's decision to go for the green in 2 from the rough on a par 5 that he probably couldn't reach anyway.  As it was, he couldn't even reach the green in 3 because of that 2nd shot, and instead of settling for par from just off the green and about 40-50 feet away, he rolls it in for birdie.  That should do wonders to get him going this round.

Brandon

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Here we go....on the west coast and going to stay up all night and watch this round....if you are a golf fan, this is great stuff...

I learned my lesson after trying to do that the first day.  Now, instead, I set my alarm for the time the coverage starts, and go to bed for 3-4 hours of sleep before then.

Well, I'd say that somewhat unearned birdie got him going alright: he just stuck an approach shot to within 3-4 feet on the next green from 142 and the 2nd cut of rough (albeit a good lie).  Another bird.

But, the Rock isn't going anywhere and is matching him hole-for-hole...for now!

Rock is not messing around.  His look reminds me of a young Nicklaus with dark hair and a beard.

Tiger has lost all momentum at this point, and it doesn't appear that Rock will have a major meltdown to give this away, so Woods will have to get it going here soon.

Brandon

Tiger isnt looking too sharp...he is Probably trying a little too hard. But Don't give Rock too much credit yet...Lots of golf to play. Let's wait until the back nine before you talk about him winning anything. Pretty soon he will start thinking to himself "I'm gonna take down Tiger Woods head to head.". And that's when most people who have been those shoes end up shi$&ing; the bed. Just You watch...he's already starting to get wild. Wild drive, chunked it out into fairway and then misses green.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Rock is not messing around.  His look reminds me of a young Nicklaus with dark hair and a beard.

Tiger has lost all momentum at this point, and it doesn't appear that Rock will have a major meltdown to give this away, so Woods will have to get it going here soon.

Brandon

Did you just compare Robert rock to jack Nicklaus? That's like saying tiger woods reminds me of a young chi chi Rodriquez...if he wasn't half black half Thai and lost 50 pounds. Ha ha.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Well, Tiger better start hitting some greens if he plans on winning.  1 out of 8 ain't cutting it.

Brandon

Note: This thread is 4470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!