IGNORED

Introducing Five Simple Keys®

iacas
Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Combine key 1 and 2 and you are really on your way. These two things are pretty much what I've been struggling with all the time. The rest is more about details on controlling the ball flight. If you can master the first two keys, you should see some real improvement. A steady head and weight forward are probably the two most important aspects of hitting the ball clean, not thin or fat. Looking forward to the DVD and discussions on this system. I hope you'll be able to reach new golfers around the globe. Teaching is all about spreading the knowledge.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

Combine key 1 and 2 and you are really on your way.

For sure Zeph...cannot overestimate how important is to feel pressure forward and get the weight forward properly from delivery into the follow through.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Originally Posted by Zeph

Combine key 1 and 2 and you are really on your way. These two things are pretty much what I've been struggling with all the time. The rest is more about details on controlling the ball flight. If you can master the first two keys, you should see some real improvement. A steady head and weight forward are probably the two most important aspects of hitting the ball clean, not thin or fat.

Looking forward to the DVD and discussions on this system. I hope you'll be able to reach new golfers around the globe. Teaching is all about spreading the knowledge.

I fully agree with you Zeph. I have noticed this with my students, the more their head moves away from the target on the BS, the poorer their contact. The majority hit from that new position leading to all sorts of problems. Most of my work is on keys 1 & 2 and it is amazing how quickly contact improves when swaying is minimised. Years of being told to transfer their weight to their non-target leg on the BS has done a lot of damage.

I am also really looking forward to learning more about 5SK.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Any ideas on what the retail price will be? I've found tremendous advancement with the principles in SnT and would love to get more of this kind of instruction. I haven't seen the SnT dvds but would be inclined to go more towards the 5SK program, especially seeing as I do most of my "brain picking" on this site!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

I have noticed this with my students, the more their head moves away from the target on the BS, the poorer their contact.

Very telling, yes...not to mention many of them can actually SEE the ball for the first time :-)

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

for me, 1 and 2 are for the most part ok.  its controlling the clubface that leaves me up the creek without a paddle.  i have great difficulty returning the clubface to the same orientation as setup.

Colin P.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by colin007

for me, 1 and 2 are for the most part ok.  its controlling the clubface that leaves me up the creek without a paddle.  i have great difficulty returning the clubface to the same orientation as setup.

Odds are there are things in the other keys that exacerbate that problem, and you simply haven't been taught how to control the clubface properly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Evolvr 1.0 we may evaluate. Maybe we'll keep current students on and the last one out can turn off the lights. Not sure.

I'll probably be the one turning off the lights. I've only had 2 analysis until now but already got tremendous help from evolvr so hoping you'll keep version 1.0 running until version 2.0 is available. Your plans sounds great but it'll take time till my part of Finland will get certified instructor and until that moment I'm relying on online help.

OK, let's all start a chant and maybe Erik will stop teasing us as start posting more info!  We can call it, "Occupy The Sand Trap"!

Five Simple Keys!

Five Simple Keys!

Five Simple Keys!

Five Simple Keys!

Five Simple Keys!

Five Simple Keys!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Originally Posted by boogielicious

OK, let's all start a chant and maybe Erik will stop teasing us as start posting more info!  We can call it, "Occupy The Sand Trap"!

I'd post more if I had more I could share. I think y'all know I don't exactly keep what I know a secret. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by david_wedzik

Very telling, yes...not to mention many of them can actually SEE the ball for the first time :-)

This has been the hardest part for me honestly.  I was so used to looking at the grass somewhere behind the ball that actually looking at the ball made it tough to actually hit it.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Odds are there are things in the other keys that exacerbate that problem, and you simply haven't been taught how to control the clubface properly.

youre probably 100% correct.

i have seen you mention "revving the motorcylce but reversed", and it doesnt seem to click mentally.  like i cant wrap my head around it.  it seems backwards.

Colin P.

• Administrator

i have seen you mention "revving the motorcylce but reversed", and it doesnt seem to click mentally.  like i cant wrap my head around it.  it seems backwards.

That's a specific fix for a specific problem. It may or may not (likely the latter) apply to you. Take lessons with a good instructor or sign up for evolvr.

youre probably 100% correct.

I believe that was in response to one of my queries, and I have the same problem visualising this, like you said, "seems backwards". Are we reving with the left hand? I think I need to bend my left palm towards the inside of my wrist more which would feel like reving a motorcycle but not reversed.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I believe that was in response to one of my queries, and I have the same problem visualising this, like you said, "seems backwards". Are we reving with the left hand? I think I need to bend my left palm towards the inside of my wrist more which would feel like reving a motorcycle but not reversed.

To rev a motorcycle you cup the back of your left wrist. The specific feeling is to arch or bow the left wrist, which is the opposite of "revving" a motorcycle. We used to tell people to "rev" the motorcycle until one day a student of mine - who arrived on a motorcycle - told me that it was the wrong direction.

To rev a motorcycle you cup the back of your left wrist. The specific feeling is to arch or bow the left wrist, which is the opposite of "revving" a motorcycle. We used to tell people to "rev" the motorcycle until one day a student of mine - who arrived on a motorcycle - told me that it was the wrong direction.

LOL. More confused! You rev a motorcycle with your right hand.

And aren't cup and bow/arch opposite actions? Unless the first sentence is a typo and is supposed to say "to rev a motorcycle you cup the back of your RIGHT wrist" in which case I totally understand. Otherwise... maybe I'm a dumbass...I'm not going to rule that out...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

LOL. More confused! You rev a motorcycle with your right hand.

I happened to be teaching a lefty. The feeling still applies to the left hand of right-handed golfers.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

And aren't cup and bow/arch opposite actions? Unless the first sentence is a typo and is supposed to say "to rev a motorcycle you cup the back of your RIGHT wrist" in which case I totally understand.

Yes, bow/arch is the opposite. The specific move is to bow or arch the left wrist more coming into impact. Again, I used to say "like you're revving a motorcycle with your left hand" until a student pointed out that you CUP your wrist to rev a motorcycle. So then it became whatever the opposite of revving is.

Cool? Okay. Moving on…

Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!