iacas

Introducing Five Simple Keys®

Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

216 posts in this topic Last Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Congratulations Dave, Erik and Mike! You're great guys with great skills and you're going to do great. Oooooffff!

As a (nominally) current student, can I ask what this means for Golf Evolution, Evolvr 1.0 and your position within the general S&T-ish; circle of information?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by secondary

What do you anticipate the prerequisite to be for potential instructors?

TBD. Quite frankly, though, we're looking for the best instructors in their area that want to be involved.

Originally Posted by Brunogolf

With the flat left wrist that only relates to impact correct?  Or throughout the swing i.e. top of backswing.

Yes, at impact. Plenty of great golfers have cupped or bowed wrists at the top of the backswing.

Originally Posted by Stretch

As a (nominally) current student, can I ask what this means for Golf Evolution, Evolvr 1.0 and your position within the general S&T-ish; circle of information?

Golf Evolution is the name of our group of teachers or, perhaps, our "location" or building or whatever. No changes there.

Evolvr 1.0 we may evaluate. Maybe we'll keep current students on and the last one out can turn off the lights. Not sure.

Our position remains unchanged. We learned and improved what we teach based on some S&T; ideas, but have continued to "evolve" in how and what we teach, and will continue to do so.

Sounds excellent!

I knew you wouldn't be able to teach G.O.L.F. Without mentioning "plane."  :-)

Kevin

I've been working on a few of these things so it's nice to know weight forward, a steady head, and a solid impact position are keys in the new path forward.

Nice! I'd like to get hooked up with a 5SK instructor here in Socal. Please let me know who that will be.

I'll echo the "this is really cool" sentiments here. When I saw the icon, I thought I had missed something important (and I'm sure I did) during my absence. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • Yes that is over simplifying it. In most competitions society has made the determination that it is important for women to have equal access to sports competition. To make it fair most sports are divided by gender. Now we have a group of people who don't quite fit that division the way that it was envisioned. If we assume that a male body type tends to provide more speed and strength (true in golf as seen with top and average club head speed) then the effects of testosterone are the key question (as I see it). If you have an XY individual who identifies as a female and had hormone therapy starting before puberty and ask her to compete vs the males she is at a significant disadvantage. Conversely if she did not have hormone therapy until after puberty and adolescence then the muscle growth and bone changes will be consistent with the Male type. Yes subsequent hormone therapy will reduce that effect but once bone and muscle growth occur (in terms of lengths) they do not revert. The inverse is true for a XX who identifies as a male. The corollary is much more akin to "steroids". IT is really complicated by the fact that some XX Females have more strength and speed than some XY males so none of this is certain. Golf has come as close as any sport to having a gender neutral competition but the gener differences due to testosterone still skew the game. Lydia Ko could not keep up with Dustin Johnson over many rounds. His strength and height (golf levers) make it unfair not matter how good her game is, a wedge in hand will beat a 5 iron over time.  
    • "Tiger Woods is without question the most powerful and influential athlete of my time. Michael Jordan is not only 2nd, if it was a golf tournament, he'd be 15 strokes off the lead. " — Colin Cowherd
    • I wouldn't worry about it until you have put in enough time, with the new shaft, to make an honest assessment.  The exact specifications of any club, while interesting to know, are not as important as the clubs performance.  Remember, also, that you didn't switch shafts with the intention of producing the same result...you switched shafts to see what would happen.  Give it some time.
    • Good idea if you get the table start slowly just like you did with Yoga. The muscles have to adapt to the position. Also the blood is rushing to the head and you have to get used to that. So start slow  with just a few minutes then add time as you get used to it.  You also do not have to go all the way upside down. I have been doing Yoga and using the inversion table for over 20 years
    • Hi All. New member here. Ive joined up as I have fallen in love with the game. A while ago I had a friend over from interstate and a group of us went out and played 18 holes. I literally shot 160. It wasnt an enjoyable experience for me - I just wasnt competent enough to fit in and have fun. My friends arent amazing golfers, but I was something else. I woke up hungover the next day with a resolve to improve my game to a level where I can go and have fun with my mates. I lay on the couch watching youtube videos on the basic fundamentals. Six months later I play at least three times a week and hit the driving range at least once a week. I havent had any lessons yet and feel I need some. My goals have changed over this time. Initially it was to just get to a competent level to enjoy playing with my friends. Now it is to shoot in the 40's over nine holes consistently at my local course. I also have a more general goal to be able to play well enough to enjoy playing at golf courses if I go on holiday to overseas golf resorts with friends. I have improved markedly. Sub 50 scores over 9 are regular. My chipping and pitching are easily my strengths. Putting is quite average, irons lukewarm and as for the driver- thats my biggest head wreck. I have days where I can direct it semi straight and others where I cant keep it on the fairway. In fact a general round is a complete roller coaster off the tee. It frustrates me greatly. I move between hitting my driver or alternating with my 3 wood, which i actually hit further, but am also just as prone to shanking not much further past the ladies tee.  Ive played competitive sport my whole life - cricket, AFL, baseball and tennis and have absolutely no desire to ever play competitive golf (ie: tournaments).
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. dmkalan
      dmkalan
      (63 years old)
    2. JarrettLeger
      JarrettLeger
      (26 years old)
    3. Ratherbegolfing83
      Ratherbegolfing83
      (35 years old)
    4. seabreeze77
      seabreeze77
      (59 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...