IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Amazing how different the course looks without the azaleas. A newcomer might wonder what all the fuss is about.

P.S.  NOW Mickelson is making a move.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

9 straight pars and then a birdie is "making a move"?

I said "starting" to make a move. You think 10 is a birdie hole?

And by going Byron Nelson on 12 & 13 (birdie-eagle) he's now tied for the lead. That's a move.

Geez, what's up with Woodland? Ten over through 16.

And Woodland plays the last three holes in five over, for a smooth 85. He began the day one under for the tournament. Meanwhile, Rory bogeys 11 to tie Tiger at 3 over.

Have you noticed that they don't have grandstands at the Masters?
They have "patron observation platforms".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I think what makes the Masters so fun to watch is how the course gives you opportunities to come back after mistakes, Stenson and Phil are currently two good examples.  Yet the lead is only -7.  The course is very difficult but fair

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have you noticed that they don't have grandstands at the Masters? They have "patron observation platforms".

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56944/pop-goes-the-masters

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[quote name="brocks" url="/t/56322/the-2012-masters-discussion-thread/360#post_698048"]Geez, what's up with Woodland? Ten over through 16.

Meanwhile, Rory bogeys 11 to tie Tiger at 3 over.[/quote] Unfortunately this isn't a soft Congressional ...

Nice to see Freddy shank his fairway wood/hybrid on 13.  I guess I can play this course just as well as the pros....  BTW didn't really think it was possible to shank a wood.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Phil has put on a shotmaking clinic on the back nine. The approach to 10, the tee ball on 12, the drive & 2nd at 13, the mondo-lob behind 15 green & the approach to 18.

He knows this course as well as anyone. I see a 4th jacket tomorrow.

(sucks that I picked Tiger & Schwartzel to finish 2nd & 3rd behind him tho. I wanted that RocketBallz driver!)

Originally Posted by topspin4hand

Fellas, I don't see any of these guys in the current top 5 hanging with Phil tomorrow

If Phil shoots 66 again tomorrow, I agree.  But I certainly wouldn't underestimate the chances of Oosthuizen or Kuchar to put up a 67 or 68 tomorrow, which wins if Phil doesn't break 70.

As I'm typing this, Oosthuizen looks like he's rattled after the iron shot on 14 and the drive on 15.

Kevin

I didn't hear anybody talking about Phil this week. It was all about Rory and Tiger. Where are they? Oh thats right, they are out of it.

I picked Phil to win The Masters months ago, when I saw him light up Pebble Beach.

Phil absolutley loves this place, he wants a 4th green jacket. Once he gets in the zone like he did today, thats it man!!!!!

What an amazing shot the flop shot on 15. That was so difficult nobody can even fatham how hard.

And he's putting lights out. That's what is needed at Augusta.

And how about that you young kids out there, Phil is 42 years old. (same age as me). Rory who? LOL

GO PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

I didn't hear anybody talking about Phil this week. It was all about Rory and Tiger. Where are they? Oh thats right, they are out of it.

I picked Phil to win The Masters months ago, when I saw him light up Pebble Beach.

Phil absolutley loves this place, he wants a 4th green jacket. Once he gets in the zone like he did today, thats it man!!!!!

What an amazing shot the flop shot on 15. That was so difficult nobody can even fatham how hard.

And he's putting lights out. That's what is needed at Augusta.

And how about that you young kids out there, Phil is 42 years old. (same age as me). Rory who? LOL

GO PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if you're aware but you just came across as a complete prick. If that was intentional then congrats; it worked but if not I thought you should know.

Phil's performance was nothing short of spectacular, however just like Phil put on a master class today players like "Rory who? LOL" also have the ability to get into a zone and tear up the course, it just happens to be that other players tend to do it a little more often than Phil lately.

You also seem to have conveniently forgotten about Hanson's performance today...

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Shocked with the 77 out of Mclroy today.....freddy and dufner I could see coming....even sergio, but never saw the rory train wreck coming....he needs to go old school and get drunk tonight....tomorrow is going to be some kind of awesome!!

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Shocked with the 77 out of Mclroy today.....freddy and dufner I could see coming....even sergio, but never saw the rory train wreck coming....he needs to go old school and get drunk tonight....tomorrow is going to be some kind of awesome!!

Yeah. Completely unlike Rory to put up a huge number at the Masters when he's on the first page of the leaderboard.

Kevin

I didn't hear anybody talking about Phil this week. It was all about Rory and Tiger. Where are they? Oh thats right, they are out of it. I picked Phil to win The Masters months ago, when I saw him light up Pebble Beach. Phil absolutley loves this place, he wants a 4th green jacket. Once he gets in the zone like he did today, thats it man!!!!! What an amazing shot the flop shot on 15. That was so difficult nobody can even fatham how hard. And he's putting lights out. That's what is needed at Augusta. And how about that you young kids out there, Phil is 42 years old. (same age as me). Rory who? LOL GO PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking about Phil. I've even [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/b/trap_five/the_five_most_important_stories_going_into_augusta]got written proof[/URL].

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!