IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just want Phil to shoot a 67 and win. Not cuz I want him to get a 4th green jacket. Cuz I want that Rocketballz Driver. I picked Phil winning at 13 under. :-D

That's starting to look like a very good guess. Now that Tiger is out of contention, I'm rooting for Phil, and I like his chances against a guy I've somehow never heard of before this year.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Cuz I want that Rocketballz Driver. I picked Phil winning at 13 under.

Where are you getting a Rocketballz Driver?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

What are the featured groups today?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gary Woodland withdrew after shooting 85 in his 3rd round. Apparently, he heard something pop in his wrist on his tee shot on 8. Not sure why he played the rest of his round when he was apparently in so much pain.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Gary Woodland withdrew after shooting 85 in his 3rd round. Apparently, he heard something pop in his wrist on his tee shot on 8. Not sure why he played the rest of his round when he was apparently in so much pain.

I can help you with that. Just google "Tiger quitter faker WGC-Cadillac"

Update: Gary Woodland shot a back nine 45 after the wrist injury, posted 85 in his third round, and has since withdrawn from the Masters.

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Gary Woodland is a man that produces a ton of power, and while that is always a good thing, it can sometimes take a toll on the body. That happened on the 8th hole on Saturday, when Woodland went after his drive on the par 5 only to immediately drop his club and grab that left wrist.

He nearly went to his knees after that tee shot, which ended up in the right fairway bunker, gingerly walked down the fairway, signaling for an official and trying to find anyone that could examine his left wrist.

That person ended up being a friend of playing partner Zach Johnson, who the former Masters winner pulled out from the ropes to check Woodland's wrist. They spent nearly 10 minutes in the middle of the 8th fairway after Woodland chipped out of the bunker before someone else came over to check his wrist.

Woodland was overheard telling an official he heard a pop in his wrist on the tee shot.

Woodland ended up hitting his third shot before grabbing the wrist again, and made bogey on both Nos. 8 and 9. His tee shot on the 10th looked nothing like what you'd normally see when watching the long-hitting Woodland go after shots, and his second shot ended with the club on the ground.

As a guy that has played golf with a wrist injury before, I know one thing; it isn't necessarily the pain that comes with the shot as much as the knowledge that it could hurt. When dealing with something like that, it's just as much mental as physical.

From, http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/18377687/gary-woodland-injures-his-left-wrist-on-8th-hole-at-the-masters

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Maybe he asked himself, "What would Rory do?"

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Bummer. Gary was a "sleeper pick" for many due to his length and his overall ability.

I hope he recovers quickly and can get back out on Tour.

Hopefully, Woodland won't have any long-term consequences from finishing his round after the wrist injury occurred.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

Quick reminder that we'll be doing the live chat deal here later today:

2012 Masters Tournament Final Round Live Chat

http://thesandtrap.com/b/pga/2012_masters_tournament_final_round_live_chat

As a swede I root for Hanson to be the first swede ever to win a major, and he's been playing great. I don't think Stenson is out of the mix quite yet but i'm a Phil fan just like everyone else so that wouldn't be too disappointing for him to get his fourth jacket.

Driver: Ping i15, 3 Wood: Ping i15, Irons: Mizuno MP-53, Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, Cleveland CG15, Putter: Ping iN Anser V2

What are the featured groups today?

10:50 a.m.: Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley 12:50 p.m.*: Jim Furyk, Jonathan Byrd 2:40 p.m.*: Peter Hanson, Phil Mickelson *— scheduled to follow the previous group’s completion of play. The “Featured Group 1″ channel generally takes to the air around noon and picks up the back nine of the players involved. There also is a “ Featured Group 2 ,” with Tim Brando and Scott McCarron handling the call. They will call the 11 a.m. Angel Cabrera and Steve Stricker grouping. Other pairings will be announced during Sunday’s play.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

[QUOTE]AUGUSTA, Ga. — Sergio Garcia has apparently given up on winning the Masters, or any other major. After shooting a 3-over 75 on Saturday, Garcia had a bizarre, self-loathing exchange in his post-round interview with the Spanish media. “I’m not good enough,” Garcia told them in Spanish. “I don’t have the things I need to have. In 13 years, today the conclusion is I need to play for second or third place. “In any major I’m not good enough. I have my chances and opportunities and I waste them. I have no more options. I waste my options. Tell me something I can do?”[/QUOTE] http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2012/04/08/garcia-im-not-good-enough-to-win/ One has to feel sorry for him. As fellow golfers, we know how frustrating this game can be. It's just hundred times worse on the tours.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by iacas

Where are you getting a Rocketballz Driver?

Okay okay...R11 Driver. I'd rather finish second & get the Rocketballz Fairway wood.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Quote:

AUGUSTA, Ga. — Sergio Garcia has apparently given up on winning the Masters, or any other major.

After shooting a 3-over 75 on Saturday, Garcia had a bizarre, self-loathing exchange in his post-round interview with the Spanish media.

“I’m not good enough,” Garcia told them in Spanish. “I don’t have the things I need to have. In 13 years, today the conclusion is I need to play for second or third place.

“In any major I’m not good enough. I have my chances and opportunities and I waste them. I have no more options. I waste my options. Tell me something I can do?”

Well Sergio, if you don't think you're good enough then guess what. You're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

Quote:
AUGUSTA, Ga. — Sergio Garcia has apparently given up on winning the Masters, or any other major.
After shooting a 3-over 75 on Saturday, Garcia had a bizarre, self-loathing exchange in his post-round interview with the Spanish media.

“I’m not good enough,” Garcia told them in Spanish. “I don’t have the things I need to have. In 13 years, today the conclusion is I need to play for second or third place.

“In any major I’m not good enough. I have my chances and opportunities and I waste them. I have no more options. I waste my options. Tell me something I can do?”
http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2012/04/08/garcia-im-not-good-enough-to-win/

One has to feel sorry for him. As fellow golfers, we know how frustrating this game can be. It's just hundred times worse on the tours.

Wow, I can't believe he said this out loud.  I can't say I feel sorry for him, I get that he's disappointed but jeez, you've got fans and sponsors pulling for you.  Can't imagine what Seve would think if he heard this.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 4405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!