IGNORED

What is currently your biggest frustration with your swing and golf in general?

goodatgolf
Note: This thread is 4374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The #1 thing for me is the inability to consistently lock in my swing for an entire round.  For example this past weekend, I was struggling with my swing the first 10 holes and then boom, on number 11 and for the rest of the round, it was absolutley dialed in ... just like that. It may work the other way as well...i'm dialed in at the beginning of the round and then I almost completley lose it towards the end.  The crazy thing is that during the change, nothing "feels different" ...but as we all know, feel isn't real.  Getting a grasp of maintaing a good swing throughout the ENTIRE round will be the thing that gets me to scratch.

The only other thing for me is the driver.  I'm starting to get tired of being Tiger"esque" on the tee in the Haney days --> Long and right...There are days the driver is on for me but man, when those blocks start happening off of the tee, you can count on following that up with a snap hook or two!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

That I can't get to the course as often as I would like.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ahhh.  The old "Ranger Rick" syndrome.  Great on the range, but a completely different story on the course.  As Tiger likes to say, you need more reps.

I think that is the hardest to do.  Taking your stress free swing on the range onto the course.  As soon as you get on the course, your swing becomes tense even without you knowing it.

I'be been working on follow through on the range and holding the finish like Rory McIlroy.  I have no problem on the range and the shots are beautiful.  But as soon as I get on the course, my follow through disappears.  When it reappears once in a while, I have that same beautiful shot.  I just need to eliminate the subconscience stress on the course.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

My driver. Can not take it from the range to the course.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Mine is not putting into play on the course what I practiced on the range.  On the range I'll work on something with every shot and at the course I sometimes regress to what I used to do.  I think my last round was one of the two or three worst I've shot since I became an adult, and I'm in my mid 50s.  My mental game let me down once I started to play poorly (I hit my approach into the water on #1 and it was all downhill from there).

For me its just consistancy. The past two nine hole rounds in league, i had one double bogey. So i have been on a good streak of not making big mistakes, my arch-nemisis. But right now its just swing consistancy. I finally figured out my short game mechanics that work for me, and how i want to approach those type of shots.I am trying to get my iron and driver game worked out now. My putting is comming around nicely. For me, i usually just practice putting and short game. I never really hit shots on the range unless i am in dire need to work on something. I take about 6 lessons a year, just to get tuned up, and i work alot on my swing indoors with no ball. So my biggest frustration is trying to put together 2-3 good shots in a row. Basically a good drive, good approach, and good putt. I want more birdies.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm a caster, and while I can get around a golf course with my swing, I absolutely need to eliminate my cast and start getting consistent, solid iron striking. I hurt my wrist a while back trying this (absolutely chunked an 8i straight into the ground), so it's even harder for me to hold that wedge into impact. I'm gonna start doing the wall drills daily until I can get the power I'm capable of creating to the ball.

Other than that, just not being able to play enough and the Oregon weather. It'll be pretty sunny, maybe windy or cooler than I'd like, but good enough to play. And on my drive to the course, the clouds will close in and it will start to rain.

Originally Posted by Jwat381

I'm a caster, and while I can get around a golf course with my swing, I absolutely need to eliminate my cast and start getting consistent, solid iron striking. ...

Two word fix: Tour Striker.

Good luck with the injured wrist. I'm no doctor and I don't know what your issue is, but in general, the correct grip and proper hand positions at impact, put less stress on hands. My injured thumb and often sore hands let me know when I've done something wrong. Impact with a ripped club hurts me. Tour Sticker has helped with that as well by getting me to the correct positions faster during warmup -- less bad hits that hurt my hands.

I do not work for TS or have any affiliation other than being a happy customer.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I have a driving range/tee box/good lie swing--need to practice full shots out of the rough and severe down hill/side hill shots. Can go low on the flat even lie fairways of sea level DFW, but played some desert mountain golf recently where most of the lies in the fairway were uneven--had some struggles.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I get too technical with my swing. In other words, I'm playing golf with a driving range mentality.

The irony is, I have a pretty decent swing, and when it's working it looks quite simple. But in my mind there's always something to be working on. I need to learn to shut that thinking off when I step on the first tee & just swing. And if the results aren't what I expect, just keep swinging. I try to do too much 'fixing' when I'm out there.

My other problem which is similar to above, is I concentrate too much on score & what I am shooting. My buddy Mike is always getting on me about that - we'll be playing & I'll say something like hey, I'm 3 over & if I par the last 3 I'll have a 75. He'll immediately say, 'Forget about that. Keep playing.'

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

The #1 thing for me is the inability to consistently lock in my swing for an entire round.  For example this past weekend, I was struggling with my swing the first 10 holes and then boom, on number 11 and for the rest of the round, it was absolutley dialed in ... just like that. It may work the other way as well...i'm dialed in at the beginning of the round and then I almost completley lose it towards the end.  The crazy thing is that during the change, nothing "feels different" ...but as we all know, feel isn't real.  Getting a grasp of maintaing a good swing throughout the ENTIRE round will be the thing that gets me to scratch.

The only other thing for me is the driver.  I'm starting to get tired of being Tiger"esque" on the tee in the Haney days --> Long and right...There are days the driver is on for me but man, when those blocks start happening off of the tee, you can count on following that up with a snap hook or two!

Deryck:  sounds like we have the exact same game.

I routinely will have a stretch of 11 or 12 holes in a round that I play somewhere between even par and -2 or -3; the other 6 or 7 holes could be anything.

My driver miss varies from day to day.  And, once I miss a couple one way, you never know when the exact opposite is coming due to overcompensation.

Putting and wedges:  some days I'm Steve Stricker, other days I can't hit a green from 50 yards.

Worst of all:  I don't think I've ever played a round of golf where all aspects--driving, irons, wedges, and putter--were working at the same time for an entire round.  I've certainly had stretches of weeks of brilliant play with part of my bag, and I've had parts of rounds where I couldn't miss a shot (5, 6, birdies in 9 holes).  I played 9 holes last week where I had 7 birdie attempts on the front nine:  1 from 15-20 feet, 3 from 7-15 feet, and 3 from 6 feet or closer; and 2 par putts from inside 6 feet.  9 makeable putts:  so can anyone explain how I shot even par for the side?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Like many that have commented I can be playing steady and then go +5 over a two hole stretch and as quickly as it came all is well again. Happens in about 80% of the rounds I play. Other than the obvious issue of talent I can't figure out what happens. I'm pretty even tempered out on the course even when my game goes south. I save my drinking for the 19th hole. So what gives?!? Oh well, I do have those 20% rounds that are really, really fun though...!

My wedge play!  Short club more loft and I hit it like garbage... going to address it though.  Through the bag I have a fair amount of confidence and you put that club in my hand and the thought is "ok where is this going" - little frustrating to say the least.  I mean it is a sandwedge for crying out LOUD!!!  I don't know if the shaft is wrong.. too much bounce or what but it stinks, hit my 58 better and more consistent... but the 54* BV is wack....

My wedge play!  Short club more loft and I hit it like garbage... going to address it though.  Through the bag I have a fair amount of confidence and you put that club in my hand and the thought is "ok where is this going" - little frustrating to say the least.  I mean it is a sandwedge for crying out LOUD!!!  I don't know if the shaft is wrong.. too much bounce or what but it stinks, hit my 58 better and more consistent... but the 54* BV is wack....

I am right at a scratch golfer. I am consistant,have no head issues,but what i do is in tournaments i over hit. I am long to begin with but when adrenalin starts pumping i get even longer. Yesterday we had a 18 hole winner take all match out our local club. after 13 i was in the top 5. 14th hole is a par3 196 yard and pin was in the back. So 210yrds or so right? I am only 2 off the lead and thinking birdie! I pull the 6 iron and smoked it over the green by 10 or so yards, i did not blade it just extra power. I felt it on the down swing but just can't help it. So i guess that is my only complaint with this great game. I don't hook or fade, put well, good short game, just hit to far at times.

biggest frustration for me is for the previous 3 weeks my driving has been superb. really straight and long (for me anyhoo) at around 260 - 270 yards - my short game and putting have been garbage.

this week my driving has been awful, slicing and block shots everywhere - my short game and putting on the other hand has been excellent.

i broke 80 for the first time last week, shot 79 which is 7 over - not too bad for a 14 handicapper whose only been playing 2 years.

why is it when one part of your game is good, you lose somewhere else.

Bloody golf! im gonna start playing snooker

In the bag:

R11s Driver

R9 3 Wood

R9 5 Wood

TM 2009 Hybrid

MP59 5 - PW

Vokey SM 4 50

Vokey Sm 4 60

Vokey SM 4 54

Ping D66 Putter

Biggest issue has been consistent contact. Mostly irons. I was told my issue was sitting my weight back and not shifting on the down swing. Early bottom out and if i hit at all most times the clubface is left open meaning shots push.

Guy at the shop toldd me my natural path back to the ball is always inside which isn't a bad thing i guess? Hard to teach...was a bit of a upside haha I'll have to range it and find a way to leave my weight a little more forward throughout my swing.

I sprained my meniscus in my right leg about a month ago, and I don't trust it enough to transfer my weight onto it. Makes it tough to make a consistent move.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

My greenside bunker play is just atrocious! Strange because I consider myself to have a relatively "sharp" short-game, but for whatever reason am absolutely horrendous out of the traps. It's to the point where I'm just happy to get out of the sand anywhere on the green! Often times I'll either leave it in the trap, or catch it too clean and "click" it over the green....really should dedicate some time to practicing bunker play at the range when I have the chance....

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Note: This thread is 4374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!