IGNORED

SwingByte and SwingByte 2 Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Certainly looks much sturdier than the original.  Hopefully its more useful, too.  I'd love to hear how it works.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure. I will update my review when I get more mileage.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Originally Posted by tstrike34

I just posted my review: http://thesandtrap.com/products/swingbyte-2-mobile-golf-swing-analyzer/reviews/4729

Dude, thanks for posting that review.  Please checkout my comment on the review section.  If you can answer that, I'd really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Dude, thanks for posting that review.  Please checkout my comment on the review section.  If you can answer that, I'd really appreciate it.

I did Beach.

To update, the locking mechanism spring popped. The excellent tech support is sending me another latchet.

Their tech support is uber cool!

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Hi guys! I got my SB2 since June 4th 2013. I used it at the range then against 45 000$ simulator.

The main problems I got is that I had to replace and realign it every 3-4 shots and the spring that popped out.

I putted hockey tape on the shaft and now it doesn't move. Support told me they are working on a new latch so I'll wait.

I got at begining bluetooth connection lost but now it looks fine.

About the datas provided against simulator, well I was first very frustrated because the swing path and face angle at impact

which are the data important for me were not even close of the data giving by the simulator.

I then ask the support about this and they told me that this is because SB2 "assume" that the target is 90 degree to

where the club face is pointing. So, if you have always a perfect squared face to your target at adress and that you

align perfectly the SB2 to your clubface(by the way, it's hard to align, I used a laser lol), then I guess the data would be good.

But in my case I usualy have a closed club face relative to my target line at adress so the data isn't exploitable appart club head speed.

This problem should be resolved with the I ntelligent Target Recognition (ITR). I don't know if the ITR is already available for IPad user,

anybody know? I use an Android phone for now and looking to get a tablet, Android or IPad if people got great result.

Anybody else tested against simulators or Doopler(Flightscope or Trackman) and could give us the feedback?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Hi there Brand new to the forum and keen to start getting involved. I've recently purchased a swingbyte 2.0 and have been using it at the range recently. Ive posted links below to what appears to be my average driver swing and average 7 iron swing. I would just like to know what I should be concentrating on improving. I realise my swings for irons and driver are completely different and this needs to be sorted but I just can't get a consistent swing across my woods and irons that works. I am confused to whether the 'perfect swing' is an in-out swing or a perfectly straight swing also. As a bit of help I'm hitting my 7 iron quite nicely but slicing my driver badly 7 iron: https://rest.swingbyte.com/s/LwUTqB8BRcy95g18O0AwjQ Driver: https://rest.swingbyte.com/s/6JRBfuW7RIOfCw2HpdAM5Q Thanks

I am unable to answer your question but wanted to post and say welcome to TST.  This will also provide a bump so hopefully  your question will be answered.

Jeff

Looks like you've got a negative angle of attack on your driver. You can probably get a bunch more distance if you hit it on the upswing.

In other news, after seeing how utterly awesome the data is, I'm definitely going to buy a Swingbyte 2!

I am not sure how accurate the swingbyte is but off of those numbers, there are two things to really improve one. Try to get to where you are swinging a couple degrees or so up on the ball. Also a face 7.4 degrees right of the path is going to causes too much curve in the ball flight. You want to get that number closer to 0, but not necessary at 0. For this you may need some help to do it. Welcome to the site!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

The obvious thing there is that you are slicing because the clubface is too open.  You might try a "stronger" grip, meaning when you first grip the driver with the glove hand, turn it so you can see more knuckles.   Or, keep the same grip, but turn the club so that the face appears to be pointing a bit to the left at address.

You have  a "push" swing  path, so even if you adjust the clubface until you have a slight draw, that push draw should still be a more playable shot.

How accurate do you think the Swingbyte info is?  I ask, in part, because it is quite different on your 7i and Driver.  With the 7i, it appears you should be hitting a ball that starts at the target and then fades to the right as you are swinging to the left (out to in) when you make contact.  With the Driver, it appears your ball should be starting right (open face) and then moving further right (path is to the left of the club face even it is in to out).  Does this describe what your ball is doing?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I am unsure of the exact accuracy in comparison with, for example, flightscope, but those are near enough the exact ball flights. 7 iron looks straight, fades a little and the bounce is always right. Driver I try more for an in-out swing to stop my slice but it seems just to make it worse. Appears from comments that this is due to the open face. Not sure how to improve that yet though

How accurate do you think the Swingbyte info is?  I ask, in part, because it is quite different on your 7i and Driver.  With the 7i, it appears you should be hitting a ball that starts at the target and then fades to the right as you are swinging to the left (out to in) when you make contact.  With the Driver, it appears your ball should be starting right (open face) and then moving further right (path is to the left of the club face even it is in to out).  Does this describe what your ball is doing?

I use the SkyPro, but have read they are both pretty accurate assuming they are calibrated and installed on the club properly so they don't slip.  I've compared the SkyPro to numbers (where there was commonality) from the Trackman and they were close, though SkyPro did report slightly higher swing speeds than the Trackman.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!