IGNORED

Ladies, Any Adjustments for Larger Chests? Advice Needed

Note:Β This thread is 1152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by Motley01

I've found a bunch of videos on youtube on Holly Sonders golf swing, for you to check out. I can't really tell if her posture, or address, or during her swing, that I can tell if she actually changed anything, when she got her new boobs. (When she was in college, they were normal sized, and her swing looks the same?)

Look here at all these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=holly+sonders+golf+swing&oq;=holly+sonders&aq;=1&aqi;=g10&aql;=&gs;_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.2217.5814.0.8310.13.9.0.4.4.0.295.1066.6j2j1.9.0...0.0.kFNGr7fMblo

Perfect, thanks so much!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bunkerputt

This quote is going on my wall.

I pride myself on being thorough.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife who sometimes golfs with me, has bigger than average breasts and I think it's an advantage. She's way more accurate than me on full swingsΒ and I think the reason why is that it'sΒ easierΒ for her to remain "connected" through out the swing. All female golfers for that matter.

Im ashamed and I feelΒ dirty for discussing my wife's breats on a public forum. Im going to hell.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

My wife who sometimes golfs with me, has bigger than average breasts and I think it's an advantage. She's way more accurate than me on full swingsΒ and I think the reason why is that it'sΒ easierΒ for her to remain "connected" through out the swing. All female golfers for that matter.

Im ashamed and I feelΒ dirty for discussing my wife's breats on a public forum. Im going to hell.

No worries, I won't tell. :)

But I hear what you're saying about remaining connected. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! After watching videos and seeing the photos posted on here, I realized my left arm just goes over the top of the breast during the backswing. It worked out well when I practiced last night. I'll just find out if I'm swinging correctly when I go to my next lesson.

To address the OP, my swing -- Moe Norman swing -- sets up farther from the ball than a conventional swing. Arms are out, not hanging down, at address. Two side benefits of this set up and swing include, easing stress on lower back, and arms are farther from a larger chest or belly so those of us with larger chests or bellies, still get into correct positions.

http://moenormangolf.com/moe-swing-simpler-and-more-efficient/

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at -Β http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/Β Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23*Β hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

MizunoΒ MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/MizunoΒ MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-EvolutionΒ grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs:Β Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GWΒ with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

She would be a show-in for kickstarter of the month.

Dan

:tmade:Β R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14Β 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron:Β Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I think it's a two-part thing:

1. On the bright side, you shouldn't be able to overswing quite as easily.
  2. Unless your breasts are so high that you can rest your chin on them (or nearly that high), you should be able to swing up over the top of them. Look at a PGA Tour player at the top of his backswing (http://thesandtrap.com/t/58201/top-ten-players-in-the-world-at-a4). If they had breasts, their lead arm would be well above them, and it wouldn't be so tight to the chest that it would even squeeze the top of their breasts.

I just shoved a rain jacket down my shirt to simulate a left breast and didn't have any real problems making a standard backswing.

Natalie Gulbis doesn't have large breasts but they're pushed up quite a bit and she still gets her left arm above them (even though she really gets that left arm tight across her collarbones - most golfers want more of an angle there, providing even more space):

gulbis_08_safeway_4.jpg Natalie-Gulbis-4.jpg

I am having a hard time picturing this Iacas. I think you need to post a swing video.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My wife tends to lift her head up in the backswing with this issue. Β I have been working with her on Simple Key 1. Β I will be interested to hear what your instructor has to say.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I ended up not asking my instructor because as I practiced my swing, I realized that I don't feel a significant hindrance during my backswing or downswing due to my chest. My left arm just naturally goes up and over as my torso rotates. At address is when I feel like my chest is in the way, but my instructor corrected it but telling me to keep my arms long but not tight or locked. That made a huge difference because I thought I was supposed to keep my arms as straight as possible, which locked them and made me feel like I was squeezing. But when I kept my arms long but not tight, they just rest comfortably around the sides then hang down.

Thanks everyone! I wish there was an experienced female golfer to respond on this thread but I appreciate everyone's input anyway.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

My wife tends to lift her head up in the backswing with this issue. Β I have been working with her on Simple Key 1. Β I will be interested to hear what your instructor has to say.

What is "Simply Key 1"?

I do have a problem not keeping my head in place, I thought I was lifting my head but my instructor said I was lowering my head. I'm not sure if it's because of our chests or we just need practice keeping our heads level.

Originally Posted by Liteenie

...Β That made a huge difference because I thought I was supposed to keep my arms as straight as possible, ...

My wife does the exact same thing. :)

Originally Posted by Liteenie

What is "Simply Key 1"?

Steady Head.Β  Here is the thread that Erik (iacas) wrote that lists and explains all five:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys

I watched Christie Kerr this weekend. Β She would be a decent swing to emulate too. Β It is not picture perfect, but makes adjustments for her physique.

Read the thread that Golfingdad linked. Β It is full of good info.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 8 years later...

So thankful somebody asked this question! I am completely new to the drive range but I have a gorgeous courseΒ on the same street that I live on so I’ve been going there more frequently lately and I have to say that β€œthey” do get in the way. I found some articles that say it’s the over or under question. Is one arm under and one arm over and from what I can see so far it looks like the consensus says over is better and can improve your swing because then you’re standing further away from the ball? And I promise this is a real and legitimate question, but I’ve got double D’s and I’m 5’9” so I think the way to go would be using tall clubs and swinging over on both sides which should helpΒ because I am a splash hunched over with normal clubs. Thankful there are others out there experiencing the same frustration.Β 

• iacas changed the title to Ladies, Any Adjustments for Larger Chests? Advice Needed
Note:Β This thread is 1152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!