IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

One of THE best commercials I have seen in a long time. What a an impact (no pun intended)

I think he was confused between "a" and "an"...so he put both to make sure he was right. :-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he was confused between "a" and "an"...so he put both to make sure he was right.

Yep, I need to double up on them now. Maybe I should start writing more like this. :-P

example,

"I am sure there (their) are many ways to grip the golf club"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar.

It was tense.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar.

It was tense.

Ryan M

"Believe." It took me years to remember that it's i-e, even with the pneumonic (I just assumed it was one of the rule-breakers, like "weird").

There are even more words and phrases that I gloss over when I read them. "Double entendre," for instance. I get through "double" and the first few letters of "entendre," and my brain says, "oh ya, it's that word," and moves on.

That 'rule' (i before e except after c) is actually incorrect to an extent that there are more exceptions to the rule than words that conform. It's now no longer taught in the British curriculum for Literacy for this reason :)

Time four Bubba  to give a kid something.

Shorty made a boo boo. Na na na na na.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I had to check, but "a number" is plural, while "the number" is singular.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

is/are?

Ryan M

• Administrator
is/are?

Yeah. I had to check it out when I got home because I was nearly certain it was wrong, but didn't want to assume I was right (about it being wrong).

Just the back of some book at a Sam's Club.

Yeah. I had to check it out when I got home because I was nearly certain it was wrong, but didn't want to assume I was right (about it being wrong).

Just the back of some book at a Sam's Club.

On a book no less...woof...

Ryan M

Lots of random commas, lol, it's like listening to Christopher Walking read a script. :-P

Dominating the game means consistently winning golf tournaments.  The reason Tiger, dominated is because he'd win a Major in conjunction with 5-7 wins that same year.  He did not simply pop-up on a streak and win a few Majors.  He won 79 times on the PGA Tour and he has the highest win percentage relative to total starts than anybody ever has - including 18 WGCs - a number so impressive that even Brandel, refuses to talk about it much.  That's dominance.

When Rory, reaches Major win Number 9 or 10, then it will be time to seriously sit down and start discussing how much longer he'll be able to remain dominant in the game.  Right now, he's accomplished a mere 28.5% of what Tiger, has accomplished in Majors.  Give it time.  He can't possibly "dominate" anything right now, when the world's best of the best is still on tour.

When Jack and Tiger, were on the same tour together, there was absolutely zero doubt in my mind about who was the dominant player.  Jack Nicklaus, with 18 Majors, regardless of what Tiger, was doing at the time, made him the most dominant player in the game  - bar none.   However, when Jack, left the tour it was Tiger, who stepped into that void and filled it with becoming the fasted man alive to 79 PGA Tour wins, 18 WGC Championships and 14 Majors and that's not including all of the major stats records that still stand as all time historical events in the game of professional golf.

People may not like Tiger, personally because of the mistakes he made in his personal life.  However, nobody, regardless of how badly they want to see Tiger, fail to reach Jack's all-time record of 18 Major wins, can take away one ounce of what Tiger, has accomplished thus far in his career.  And, until somebody steps up and wins at least 14 Majors, there cannot possibly be anyone on par or even remotely in the same Galaxy with Tiger Woods.

It is like this:

- Jack, is sitting out there on the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy all by himself with 18 Majors.

- Tiger, is riding along side the NASA Kepler Probe, discovering new worlds as it approaches the edge of the Milky Way.

- Rory, with today's victory has basically placed himself slightly beyond Saturn, but well within our own solar system.

In other words, before Rory, starts "dominating" anything, he's got to get out of our solar system which is something both Jack and Tiger, have done a very long time ago.

When Rory, reaches number 10, we can "begin" the conversation about his "dominance."

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Lots of random commas, lol, it's like listening to Christopher Walking read a script. :-P

Autocorrect, or is there an inside joke I'm missing?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Autocorrect, or is there an inside joke I'm missing?

Don't you, know that it's tradition, to make stupid mistakes when mocking, someone, else in this, thread?

**Christopher Walken.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

@cbrister

A lot of things can contribute to slower swing speeds.  If you post your swing in the Members Swings section, perhaps the issue could be identified.   I could be something simple.

Some things are just too good to let slide.

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Two from an  "institution of higher learning". At the college pool was a poster reading NO OPEN "SOARS" IN POOL.  Well I guess I can't work on my Swan Dive today. The second from the college radio station. In a news piece the student announcer stated; "the bank robbers plans went allree", allree ? What the hell is allree? Could he have possibly ment awry?