IGNORED

Favorite NFL Team

tiger187126
Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tiger187126

you are obviously more than a little short between the ears, but go ahead and think that a SB trophy cures all ills. obviously with the sparkling records of:

9-7

10-6 (no playoffs)

8-8 (no playoffs)

12-4

10-6

8-8

11-5

6-10 (no playoffs)

4-12 (no playoffs)

your team has no weaknesses and it's no wonder that you can roll through anybody

honestly you're just an uneducated football "fan" who likes to stick his chest out and brag about "his team," even though he doesn't know anything about them. your posts scream of "fairweather fan" so how about you go and polish that lombardi (or eli) and let people who actually watch football talk.

your posts get more boring and defensive by the second.  please stop posting nonsense, because honestly, i'm starting to get embarrassed for you.  go post a link to a useless stat that no one will click on, much less read.  the redskins are a horrific organization plagued by inept management, and you're sitting here trying to discredit a team and qb who have won 2 rings in 5 years during the most difficult era of all time in the nfl to win...get lost.

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

your posts get more boring and defensive by the second.  please stop posting nonsense, because honestly, i'm starting to get embarrassed for you.  go post a link to a useless stat that no one will click on, much less read.  the redskins are a horrific organization plagued by inept management, and you're sitting here trying to discredit a team and qb who have won 2 rings in 5 years during the most difficult era of all time in the nfl to win...get lost.

wrong.

i'm discrediting the person who is shouting that "the giants rule, everyone else sucks. don't give me any information otherwise!"

i have said nothing about the redskins besides they beat the giants twice last year, which is absolutely true. my posts are about the arguments meenman is throwing up which are ridiculous and contain no actual information.

once again i think eli had a great year last year and certainly he can be looked at as top 5 this year, but to say he is better than everyone because of the super bowls is short sighted. football is a team game. not to mention that the same arguments that were used to say eli is great were used to bash qbs like romo, which is just plain dumb.

obviously calling every stat (including the ones meenman uses to pump up his qb or put down another qb) useless is code for i don't understand stats.

and how exactly was this the most difficult era of all time in the nfl to win? because the giants can't do it frequently during the regular season?

from 2002-2012:

New England 3 (5)

Pitt 2 (3)

Giants 2 (2)

Indy 1 (2)

Tampa 1 (1)

NO 1 (1)

GB 1 (1)

St Louis 0 (1)

Oak 0 (1)

Carolina 0 (1)

Philly 0 (1)

Seattle 0 (1)

Chicago 0 (1)

Arizona 0 (1)

that shows me that the AFC has been dominated by NE, Pitt, and Indy and the NFC has been wide open mostly because the lack of dominant teams compared to the AFC until recent years. but again somehow this will go over your head or will be thought of as some attempt by me to talk about the redskins.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

if i were a giant fan i would count my lucky stars that my team got hot and lucky at the right times of the year twice recently and leave it at that. they've been far from dominant and aren't considered a lock by anyone to even win their division.

That's the great thing about one game playoffs--anything can happen.  You don't have to be 14-2 with a great QB to make a playoff run.  I think a lot of teams are thinking "If Eli and the Giants, why not us?"

Originally Posted by mck

That's the great thing about one game playoffs--anything can happen.  You don't have to be 14-2 with a great QB to make a playoff run.  I think a lot of teams are thinking "If Eli and the Giants, why not us?"

exactly. it's not a bad thing. i mean everyone ragged on the seahawks for making it in with a 7-9 record (especially giants fans) and wanted the system changed up until they beat the saints in a very exciting game.

but by no means does it wining it all means your team is impervious from criticism or is even the best team going into next year and that's where i have an issue with the way meenman turned this thread. it's as if "any given sunday" doesn't exist to him and he would rather bash my team than take a good hard look at his.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

• Administrator

My favorite team has six Super Bowls but sucked in the 1930s when part-time football players played.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Kapanda

You think Reid is a bad coach?

I think a better coach would have won a Superbowl by now given how often they have made the playoffs and had excellent teams.  It is hard to find a team that has had better talent over the past 15 years and has not won a superbowl.  He's not a bad coach, but he is not a coach that inspires fear in other teams - certainly not in my Giants.  Similar to Jeff Fischer.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

once again i think eli had a great year last year and certainly he can be looked at as top 5 this year, but to say he is better than everyone because of the super bowls is short sighted. football is a team game. not to mention that the same arguments that were used to say eli is great were used to bash qbs like romo, which is just plain dumb.

What are you talking about?  People say Eli is great because he has a ton of 4th quarter comebacks and has gone on 2 playoff runs, in the last 4 years (5 seasons) winning 2 Superbowls with 3 separate 4th quarter TD drives.  And he has done a great job of developing his receivers.  Over the 5 season span of the 2 SB wins 5 different receivers have been the leading receiver for the Giants.

No one could use those arguments to bash Romo because Romo has never done any of those things.  Romo is an excellent QB and puts up great regular season stats, but Eli is far more accomplished.  If/when Romo takes his team on a deep playoff run and maybe a Superbowl he will get more recognition.

Dan?  Is that you, Dan Snyder?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by iacas

My favorite team has six Super Bowls but sucked in the 1930s when part-time football players played.

I've always had good feelings about your team because of the Rooney/Mara connection.  Although I am not a big fan of Ben.

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
Originally Posted by turtleback

I've always had good feelings about your team because of the Rooney/Mara connection.  Although I am not a big fan of Ben.

Hell, neither are most Steelers fans.

But like Tiger Woods off the golf course, I don't really care about the non-football stuff. I think early on he had a big head and alienated teammates, but he's done well at that later, and if you watch Steelers games, you appreciate that he's a top-x QB in the league (where X is a fairly small integer), and if you gave him the offensive line of almost any other team, that'd be even more obvious. Tough to play - but he manages to - when you have about 1.2 seconds to throw the ball before a defender or six are in your grill.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think a better coach would have won a Superbowl by now given how often they have made the playoffs and had excellent teams.  It is hard to find a team that has had better talent over the past 15 years and has not won a superbowl.  He's not a bad coach, but he is not a coach that inspires fear in other teams - certainly not in my Giants.  Similar to Jeff Fischer.

I see what you're saying.

Looking from the outside in, I've always figured that, if I were a team owner or GM, and if my coach consistently delivered seasons with at least 10 wins, then I'd keep him and work with him. I do value consistency and longevity. And also, anything can happen on a given Sunday, so a loss that happens to come during the playoffs does not necessarily reflect the coach's skills.

What are you talking about?  People say Eli is great because he has a ton of 4th quarter comebacks and has gone on 2 playoff runs, in the last 4 years (5 seasons) winning 2 Superbowls with 3 separate 4th quarter TD drives.  And he has done a great job of developing his receivers.  Over the 5 season span of the 2 SB wins 5 different receivers have been the leading receiver for the Giants.

No one could use those arguments to bash Romo because Romo has never done any of those things.  Romo is an excellent QB and puts up great regular season stats, but Eli is far more accomplished.  If/when Romo takes his team on a deep playoff run and maybe a Superbowl he will get more recognition.

Dan?  Is that you, Dan Snyder?

no what i was saying is in his argument he accused stats of being skewed for quarterbacks like romo because "they're down late so they have to throw a ton," completely ignoring that the giants were down late A LOT last year and they threw a ton not just because they were down, but because their running game up until the playoffs was terrible (worst in the nfl).

i was just calling him out because the arguments against other people he was using obviously applied to his own team.

and for the 15th time, i never said anything but eli had a great year last year, the skins beat them twice, and they're not the favorites to win it all this year (or even their division).

and again, football is a team game. the giants front 4 has as much to do with those two SB runs as eli probably does, they just don't get the recognition because this is a QB league and he has made two "impossible" plays during the big game.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

I've always had good feelings about your team because of the Rooney/Mara connection.

Turtleback is just a huuuuuge Girl with the Dragon Tattoo fan.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Pack fan located in Chicago. Became a cheesehead when I was 7. I still remember sitting in the bowling alley when Favre and the pack beat the patriots in 96. Let's hope they turn the D around this year and head to the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by jamo

Never saw it.  The Rooneys and the Maras were close allies before she was even born.  I tend to favor the old line teams that still have the original families in charge.

Rich - in name only

Lifelong Niner fan here. Up until last season it's been hard to watch, but as a Niner fan I could definitely say we've had more up than downs. I see us trending back up once again. Im glad we made a run for Peyton Manning, but even more glad we didnt pay him what Denver did. Alex Smith is decent at times, but I expect our defense to carry us again. We have a tough schedule but should easily win our division.

Oh and can someone please explain why #10 Kyle (Cant Get Right) Williams is still on the roster?

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by jamo

Hahahahaha.  Your stand up comedy fandom serves you well my friend.

Never saw it.  The Rooneys and the Maras were close allies before she was even born.  I tend to favor the old line teams that still have the original families in charge.

Did you hear that?  No... it wasn't the sound of a ball hit by the group behind you going over your head.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I am curious... how many of you root for your favorite teams based solely on where you grew up?

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!