IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You ever get a fairly convincing email but you realize it's spam because of the miss-spelled words?

Go back a few pages. What the hell is a "pom tree"? Certainly nothing that grows in Las Vegas.

Originally Posted by JCoop

You ever get a fairly convincing email but you realize it's spam because of the miss-spelled words?

Go back a few pages. What the hell is a "pom tree"? Certainly nothing that grows in Las Vegas.

I'm assuming it could be an abbreviation for pomegranate tree.  Unfortunately for him though, he showed a video of what he's referring to, and those are certainly not pomegranate trees.

On another note, I do think it's unfair of everybody to give him a hard time simply because he lives in Vegas.  He never said (I don't think so - I didn't go back and re-read) that he could hit 300 yd drives or 220 yard 4 irons anywhere in the world, just that he [believes he] has in Vegas.  If his 300 yard drives (still alleged, I know) happened at 3000 feet on a course with hard fairways with a lot of roll, so what?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well i believe him.whats wrong with you all, everyone seems to knock each other on here.Iwish i could bomb the ball like that too.he only wants to improve and is enquiring to become a better player.well jimbo slice i guess you are hitting slices with ur drives.I think you should work out what club to teeoff with to reach the 150 marker .So if you have a par 4 which is 420 .tee off with the club you hit 270,which may be a 4 iron for you. then yu have an easy wedge to the green, and watch ur handicap drop good luck

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm assuming it could be an abbreviation for pomegranate tree.  Unfortunately for him though, he showed a video of what he's referring to, and those are certainly not pomegranate trees.

On another note, I do think it's unfair of everybody to give him a hard time simply because he lives in Vegas.  He never said (I don't think so - I didn't go back and re-read) that he could hit 300 yd drives or 220 yard 4 irons anywhere in the world, just that he [believes he] has in Vegas.  If his 300 yard drives (still alleged, I know) happened at 3000 feet on a course with hard fairways with a lot of roll, so what?

I agree. Let's wait to see how the Trackman stuff goes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hit a few over 300 hundred today and you don't see me on here talking about how cool I am.  I also don't see how this is a topic one can "debate".

At some point we can debate what a 300 yard drive is. If you are at 7000ft hitting onto concrete, with a tail wind, from a 30 yard elevated tee you might be able to drive the ball 300 yards with a 90 mph swing. Just because you would be lucky to hit 240 at sea level doesn't change the fact that his ball when 300 yards.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yes my point exactly, none of us were there so how can anyone debate over whether his ball went 300+ or not?  Which is the only real purpose of this thread, someone trying to prove himself to a bunch of strangers.

Jumbo - there are many people on here who believe they are geniuses, and there are many people on here who have good intentions and just enjoy talking about golf.  As with anything in life, I find it's easier to ignore the rubish and take in the good stuff you can learn from.

Good luck man!

Based upon some of the other things that Jimbo has said, Im not surprised that people questioned his claim of 300-yard drives.  Jimnbo often talks like a kid who is just coming onto a golf forum to talk trash and get people worked up.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by filco123

he only wants to improve and is enquiring to become a better player

He seems like a decent guy.  I have nothing against him.  It's not like it's an insult to tell somebody they can't drive it 300.  More to your point, I believe the best/fastest process for improvement involves knowing precisely where you stand to begin with.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Having spent a number of years in Las Vegas, I know how one could be lulled into thinking they are a long ball hitter.  You're playing at 3000 feet, the temps are over 100°, the fairways are baked so you will get 50+ yards of roll, especially on a muni course that doesn't water its fairways too much.

Another potential for confusing distance is the layout of the Desert Rose driving range.  If I recall, the side fences run out at an angle, almost like a triangle, with the absolute far end being only 10 yards wide.  Perhaps Jim is midjudging what part of the fence his drives were going over.

Anyway, the launch monitor data will show us something. I hope Jim follows through; however, there have been plenty of guys who suddenly vanish from the Sand Trap when asked to provide that kind of "proof".

Yes, the Dessert Rose driving range is triangle shape with about a 10 yard wide fence at the back. I'm definitely am talking about the back fence lol. I guess since people think I'm delusional I could have been talking about the side fence rofl. Well like I said it was for sure the back fence and I hit some over today. I took video but you cant see the ball worth a crap. It is me swinging hard though, and I got some from the side and the back. Ill post them up after I catch up on a couple of these replies.

I will also be hitting the launch monitor recommended to me sometime next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Thats pretty much awesome. When you figure out how to carve all this awesomeness into a score better than +100 strokes you will earn respect. You are catching flak because you don't understand the game. There are folks here that a hit 4i 250+. They aint bragging about it.

I've played 22 rounds to date and broke 100, six times, best score a 91 so far, but why would anyone believe that.

Not bragging at all about how far I can hit a 4 iron. Just trying to put it into perspective. People are saying I cant hit my driver 200 yards, and I'm just replying I can hit my 4 that far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

You're serious? You do realize that you are basically admitting, with this post, that you are lying or just delusional?  A 90MPH swing speed clearly makes it damn near physically impossible to hit over 270, let alone 300.

Shorty is spot on, if you look at most people who have a 85-90 MPH swing speed, they normally hit about 220-240 on average.

Yah all that sounds right if I did have a 85-90mph swing. The swing shown is just me in the yard casually swinging at a ball. I made new swing vids Ill post tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

Trackman or it didnt happen.

;)

Indeed. Trackman will be done next week sometime during the week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by bplewis24

No, you can't.  And if your swing has improved ten-fold (highly unlikely) from the video(s) you've already uploaded, then you need to post more videos.  I don't think you comprehend just how bold these claims are that you're making.

I play a 211 yard par 3 that I have cleared the entire green with my 4 iron multiple times, its fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Jwat381

This whole thread is so ridiculous lol

I was on a launch monitor yesterday and I was getting club head speed around 100 each swing and I was getting 260 carry MAX. This is in Eugene, where the balls don't fly quite as far, with range balls, but still. To say you hit 270-300 is just begging for attention.

I went to the range today and hit balls, taped most of it. Ill post later tonight. Not all people on here know, but I did have a broken driver shaft for a week and I fixed it last night. After hitting the 120 balls today the head came off again. Not sure if the epoxy didn't cure or what, but it was a self repair and never the less it came off in day rofl. The shaft seemed to be undamaged so I took it to dicks and had the guy down there clean the shaft tip and the str8 fit tip, and attach them with their epoxy. He didn't charge me so I tipped him 5 bucks.

I know the machine at dicks could be way inaccurate, but I would think the SS would be the most consistent and close to correct out of all the parameters. I would think if it was going to be wrong in any way it would say you where swinging slower then you where. Then they could say a certain club is producing further distances with slower swing speeds. Never the less I hit 10 balls. I had to use one of the drivers in the shop because mine had just been repaired. my average ss was 103 with a 108 as my high. Those balls carried around 250 and went around 270. Contact wasn't to hot =}.

I know its dicks.... Trust me guys I'm going down to  the place that Erik recommended next week. I will also see if the guy will let me video tape all my swings. This way you can see the swing and the swing speed at the same time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by iacas

I doubt most of that. While you're visiting with Jeffry, get your 4-iron on Trackman as well. Just film the Trackman screen and you swinging so we can see that it's not edited. A photo of the computer screen after another customer hits a driver or 4-iron won't really prove it (plus as I know Jeff I can just ask him)

Will do my friend, I thank you in advance, and will thank you again later. I'm going to see if he'll let me video tape everything, if not maybe a couple strokes. I can pay him for his time, I can even tip him 20 or 40 bucks to send you all the information in email, and maybe a small explanation of what he saw in my swing and results. I'm not sure how it works down there, Maybe I can just pay for a entire session of some sort, a swing analysis or something. Either way, I'm guessing Ill be able to hit some balls down there. I would like to save as much money as possible, but I don't mind spending a little extra if I have to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I don't think it's bold or unreasonable as much as it demostrates a flawed sense of accomplishment. In addition to making the claim he admitted to not having control of his ball flight. Anybody can get up and take a hard whack at it and spray balls all over the course. IMO it makes no sense to concentrate energy trying to hit it big if that's the result. What's unbelievable to me is why he thinks being able to do that is a good thing.

I agree with you 100% and at no time did I ever say it was a good thing. Not sure where you got that from. Like I did say in this post and others, I do have two different driver swings. A nice controlled one that does produce much more accuracy, and I use that swing much more then my distance swing. I try to crank a good one out there on some par 5's and reachable par 4's, myabe 5 or 6 power swings per round.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Shorty

I think that what we're finding hard to believe is that this guy thinks he can hit this distance and doesn't understand that in certain conditions at a certain place this is his result.

He doesn't get that he could go to 99% of courses - ones that actually have grass on them - and  see a par three of 220 yards, pull out his four iron, hit it perfectly and have 60 yards for his second shot.

I totally understand that conditions will change ball flight and roll, I totally understand my conditions are favorable. NEVER EVER did I say anything about I could hit these shots in other places around the world. Where exactly are you getting this from and what makes you think, that I don't know my ball would fly different someplace else. You are just making stuff up now? hmm

It almost seems like your saying in this post that can hit ball as far as I'm saying. or at least 200 yards which say I cant drive that far.

Originally Posted by JCoop

ROFL nice one, ya got me, I cant spell well. Palm tree, damn spell checker wont correct pom or even tell you its wrong lol.

Originally Posted by Nutter

I hit a few over 300 hundred today and you don't see me on here talking about how cool I am.  I also don't see how this is a topic one can "debate".

I didn't necessarily want to make this post, I just reference a couple 300 yard plus drives in other threads, and the every jump on my case. I would reply back and then they would reply back, so forth and so on. It was quickly ruining the posts the it was involved in. If I wanted to say I fringed a 315 yard par 4 today, it just ruins posts lol.

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Based upon some of the other things that Jimbo has said, Im not surprised that people questioned his claim of 300-yard drives.  Jimnbo often talks like a kid who is just coming onto a golf forum to talk trash and get people worked up.

Im not sure where you are getting this from. I have been being very respectful. The only thing I did that was out of line was call Shorty a Idiot. I quickly apologized and said I was wrong for it, Don't see how I have been childish in any way.

The reason I did say what I said to shorty was because he said a drive that I hit 270 only went around 180. If you are looking at that shot and say it could have only went 180. Well then your just wrong and by allot, so I kind of discredited him, and called him a name. My bad and again I do apologize for saying that.

Sincerely, Jim

I just want to clear a few things up that I may or may not have made clear, or left out all together.

1. The only reason started this thread was to stop ruining the other threads that I had posted in about 300 yard shots. I mention hitting or being able to hit a 300 yard drive in a few threads and the reply posts started to ruin the threads original subject.

2.  I'm in no way bragging or looking for any kind of attention, talking trash or anything of the sort. I Have full respect for the forum and all it's users. Erik and Shorty are my two favorite members . I'm also not offended by anyone's doubts or replies. Plus I expected most and appreciate all post that came.

3. Accuracy is my main concern on all clubs in the bag. I don't think hitting the long ball is cool, or makes you better, but yes I do enjoy it.

4. I'm totally aware of where I live and the ball flight / roll could be much different elsewhere, and I never said anything about it. I'm also not sure if it discredits any of my shots.

5. I want everyone to have fun, and a healthy debate can be a good time. If you really don't care, then just don't post or read.... Or do post no biggie lol . Sorry if  anyone had a bad time reading anything in the thread.

6. I probably left something out.

Sincerely, Jim

I wouldn't worry too much most people are just goofing around and there is no malicious intent. I am curious to see how your current swing looks and it sounds like you've made some improvement. If you have shot legit sub 100 rounds with just 20 rounds under your belt you are off to good start.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I wouldn't worry too much most people are just goofing around and there is no malicious intent. I am curious to see how your current swing looks and it sounds like you've made some improvement. If you have shot legit sub 100 rounds with just 20 rounds under your belt you are off to good start.

He has posted multiple swing videos in the my swing section.

Based on those videos alone, anyone who believes that he could even roll a ball 300 down wind is out of their mind.

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

I just want to clear a few things up that I may or may not have made clear, or left out all together.

It's all just good natured banter, Jimbo.

Don't take it to heart.

A thick skin is required around here.

People learn to dish it out and take it.

You choose what and who to take notice of and you'll be fine.

Many's the time I've made a post and come back thinking there's be a pile of vitriol waiting for me, only to find that people agree.

The unpredictability of the forums is part of its attraction.

All you've done is t open up discussion. It's all good fun.

And you gave Iacas a chance to show that he has some simple mathematical concepts covered.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

It's all just good natured banter, Jimbo.

Don't take it to heart.

A thick skin is required around here.

People learn to dish it out and take it.

You choose what and who to take notice of and you'll be fine.

Many's the time I've made a post and come back thinking there's be a pile of vitriol waiting for me, only to find that people agree.

The unpredictability of the forums is part of its attraction.

All you've done is t open up discussion. It's all good fun.

And you gave Iacas a chance to show that he has some simple mathematical concepts covered.

Given this post, along with your thread about your Theory on the golf game made earlier...I assume that you either:

-Finally got beat up for being a wise-ass arrogant dick to someone

-Got laid

-Are under the influence of E/K/Coke/Alcohol

Either way, it's about time.  Congratulations.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!