IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I wouldn't worry too much most people are just goofing around and there is no malicious intent. I am curious to see how your current swing looks and it sounds like you've made some improvement. If you have shot legit sub 100 rounds with just 20 rounds under your belt you are off to good start.

Indeed My friend like I said, I have not been offended by anyone and still in great spirits lol. I enjoy and respect the forum and it's members and just want everyone to have good time.

I have in fact broke 100, six times in my twenty two rounds, and even shot a 91. My accuracy is worse when trying to hit the long ball but not as bad as I think you where imagining it. I do completely duff about 1 out of 20 drives when trying to hitting the long ball. Maybe slice one really bad at times, but I'm getting better and I'ts still ok for me to try and hit one every now and again. I'll power up on a par 5 or reachable par 4, maybe about 5 hard swings per round. Every now and again I do get a hold of one with good accuracy.

My first round of golf was May 2nd and I shot a 116

My second round was .....May 5th and I shot a 125 my worst score to date.

--------------------------------------------------

My sixth round was.......... May 24th and I shot a 99. It took me six rounds and three weeks to break 100. I'm not sure anyone is going to believe it though rofl.

That's on of the funny things about this post. I've been 100% honest in every aspect of golf. Even being new I have never taken a mulligan, gimmie, or lied about any shot distance I have posted. All my scorecards are legit along with any distance I might state.

Originally Posted by onlybereaved

He has posted multiple swing videos in the my swing section.

Based on those videos alone, anyone who believes that he could even roll a ball 300 down wind is out of their mind.

I never said that those swings would produce anything close to a 300 yard drive, and where not intended to be associated with this thread. I posted that swing after I had been playing for 1 month, and honest , they where just  casual medium swings just intended for swing analysis. I linked them to this thread because people wanted to see my swing. It was the only one I had atm so I posted it.

Originally Posted by Shorty

It's all just good natured banter, Jimbo.

Don't take it to heart.

A thick skin is required around here.

People learn to dish it out and take it.

You choose what and who to take notice of and you'll be fine.

Many's the time I've made a post and come back thinking there's be a pile of vitriol waiting for me, only to find that people agree.

The unpredictability of the forums is part of its attraction.

All you've done is t open up discussion. It's all good fun.

And you gave Iacas a chance to show that he has some simple mathematical concepts covered.

No hard feeling Shorty, with you or any other member on the forum so far. I do have thick skin and was expecting most of the replies that came in. It's actually been fun going back and forth with members. I would have just let it go, but everything I said is true, and after all that HAS been said, I think the right thing to do is try and prove it hehe.

That was some fancy math that Erik did and maybe hell grab one of my new swings and do the same thing.

Given this post, along with your thread about your Theory on the golf game made earlier...I assume that you either:

-Finally got beat up for being a wise-ass arrogant dick to someone

-Got laid

-Are under the influence of E/K/Coke/Alcohol

Either way, it's about time.  Congratulations.

OK wait, when did I make a thread about golf Theory ROFL.??

And when was I ever a " wise-ass arrogant dick to someone "??

Sincerely, Jim

Wow!  So much over my head.  But i think physics can tell us that unless the club head speed is, eg, 100 mph, the ball under normal, controlled conditions cannot fly more than xxx yards. So if you are flying your drive 250 yds then must have head speed of xxx mph. But of course, even if head speed  100 that in itself will not produce 250 yds as face must be square etc. Geez, seems these arguments are pointless. Find a friend who has one, or buy a distance meter, hit some balls out onto the par 5 some quiet day on the course and measure the yards. Why argue? Of course Jimbo, your will also need to bring the local judge and notary to affirm the situation.  LOL.

I have an average club head speed of 101 with my driver..I carry roughly 230-250 on my best/longest hits.  I think that the yardage signs at his driving range are fooling him into honestly thinking that he hits it further than he actually does.  (common/honest mistake)

Here are some some swings I took today. I am indeed swinging much harder at these balls. This is not my average driver swing, it's my long ball swing. I hit almost 120 balls today before my driver head came off... again. I would consider these the best swings of the bunch. They where all great contact and good ball flight. From what I saw at dicks today I would consider all of them around 105mph or above, and where all at least 250 carry. A few of these would have went 300 on my course in my conditions guaranteed. I hope it shows in the video but if not oh well. I'm still going to hit trac man and see if I cant get erik the results. I will also try and video tape my trac man session.

New Swings I'm not sue whats up with the ghosting in the club. It doesn't look like that until after I load it into youtube. If it doesn't look like these swings can produce a 300 yard drive then something is lost in translation of the video to the internet or everybody and their momma needs to get a Mack Speed Black driver.

Sincerely, Jim

Consider something lost in translation, bro.

Your mechanics can not possibly allow for those balls to be ending up 300 yards IMHO.

Swing looks more aggressive than the last ones I saw, though.  I don't doubt that you are hitting 240 on average

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

New Swings I'm not sue whats up with the ghosting in the club. It doesn't look like that until after I load it into youtube. If it doesn't look like these swings can produce a 300 yard drive then something is lost in translation of the video to the internet or everybody and their momma needs to get a Mack Speed Black driver.

That does look like more club speed than your older videos.  I don't doubt you are improving.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Consider something lost in translation, bro.

Your mechanics can not possibly allow for those balls to be ending up 300 yards IMHO.

Swing looks more aggressive than the last ones I saw, though.  I don't doubt that you are hitting 240 on average

You would have to call it lost in translation or your not perfect at judging a swing video. All the numbers and statements I made are dead on.

Not one of those swings had a ball carry less then 240 yards. Half of them DID go over the back fence. The hitting line was moved up about 10 yards from the standard line, and the back fence was playing about 250 today. I carried some balls at least 260, they for sure went over the fence. I hit allot of one hoppers today also.

I have mentioned in this thread before that my average drive for FIR's would be right around 240.

Sincerely, Jim

• Administrator

_.jpg

Same math as before (it's basic math so this doesn't take long):

62° and 52° averages out to 57°. So you gained a bit, obviously.

57 of 360 is 0.1583.

Circumference is still 420, so you're swing is now sending the clubhead 66.5 inches in 1/29.97 of a second. That's 1993 inches per second.

Google tells us you're swinging: 113.238636 mph

Now again, these are still generally favorable estimations to you because the things like the swing radius are given with error towards higher swing speeds, but it's an improvement regardless and that's good.

Edited ( Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:39:02 +0500 ) to fix my stupid math error.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's all just good natured banter, Jimbo. Don't take it to heart. A thick skin is required around here. People learn to dish it out and take it. You choose what and who to take notice of and you'll be fine. Many's the time I've made a post and come back thinking there's be a pile of vitriol waiting for me, only to find that people agree. The unpredictability of the forums is part of its attraction. All you've done is t open up discussion. It's all good fun. And you gave Iacas a chance to show that he has some simple mathematical concepts covered. :-)

Better watch it Shorty. You are going to lose your rep.:-)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Hmm, this is for sure not right. I'm not sure whats being lost in translation or the math, but I know these are all above 100. When I hit up the trac man this week, not one of my swings will be under 100mph. That should let you know that there is something not right in the translation here. Unless dicks is really off by that much on their SS numbers. I used the same swing in dicks about 45 minutes after these swings and they where all over 100 and one was 108 and the average was 103. I also think my numbers are correct because the Real life distances I am getting.

Trac man should settle it. If not I'm buying somebody a round trip plane ticket lol.

Bold part is more likely than you would imagine.

Whatever. Good luck man.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just want to clear a few things up that I may or may not have made clear, or left out all together.

1. The only reason started this thread was to stop ruining the other threads that I had posted in about 300 yard shots. I mention hitting or being able to hit a 300 yard drive in a few threads and the reply posts started to ruin the threads original subject.

2.  I'm in no way bragging or looking for any kind of attention, talking trash or anything of the sort. I Have full respect for the forum and all it's users. Erik and Shorty are my two favorite members.  I'm also not offended by anyone's doubts or replies. Plus I expected most and appreciate all post that came.

3. Accuracy is my main concern on all clubs in the bag. I don't think hitting the long ball is cool, or makes you better, but yes I do enjoy it.

4. I'm totally aware of where I live and the ball flight / roll could be much different elsewhere, and I never said anything about it. I'm also not sure if it discredits any of my shots.

5. I want everyone to have fun, and a healthy debate can be a good time. If you really don't care, then just don't post or read.... Or do post no biggie lol . Sorry if  anyone had a bad time reading anything in the thread.

6. I probably left something out.

You have to face it - there is always going to be a certain amount of penis envy when it comes to hitting 300 yard drives.  Everybody thinks that they want it, but how many of us would really know what to do with it if we had it?

Like I said above, I've played with plenty of guys who can hit the ball a long way, at least in Denver where I used to live, but I never played with one who was consistently long and accurate.  I've had some very frustrating competition rounds playing with a 300 yard hitter and spending far too much time searching for his ball in all the wrong places.  Personally, I'd rather have my meager 240 yards and be in or close to the fairway.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It's summertime and with little rain the ground is hard as a brick.  Balls roll forever.  Don't know why anyone doubts you can hit a ball a long way.  It happens.  Even to the biggest duffers.

Originally Posted by iacas

Bold part is more likely than you would imagine.

Whatever. Good luck man.

Ok, contemplate this. These swings I just posted are for sure as hard as I can swing. When I go and hook up with Jeff and hit on TracMan, if those swings come up as 105 or even 110. Would you then say that your estimate of my swing in the video is off? There is no way I'm going to gain 10mph of ss in less then a week.

Sincerely, Jim

I was also thinking of this. I searched the web and seen there are a few different kinds of personal swing speed radars. Priced monstly around 100 bucks. If anyone thinks that one of these might be accurate, I would like to buy one. I could set it up hit a ball, and then show the swing speed. I could also post the swing related to the swing speed. You could angle it up, do the math and see how close they are in comparison.

Sincerely, Jim

You swing looks better in the new videos.  The 300 yard drive really doesn't mean much, what does is you're becoming a better golfer.  Dicks does jack up their numbers (including ss), so don't be disappointed if your average swing speed turns out to be closer to 100 than 110.   It's been a fun discussion and you've been a good sport.

Joe Paradiso

Okay, some things I find hard to believe.

1. You hit the ball 300 yards without striking something hard (i.e. sprinkler head, cart path, drink cart)

2. This thread actually has over 200 posts debating the obvious.

I am in Las Vegas quite often as my wife is a flight attendant based there and I fly for free. I might just have to witness this feat with my own two eyes.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I was also thinking of this. I searched the web and seen there are a few different kinds of personal swing speed radars. Priced monstly around 100 bucks. If anyone thinks that one of these might be accurate, I would like to buy one. I could set it up hit a ball, and then show the swing speed. I could also post the swing related to the swing speed. You could angle it up, do the math and see how close they are in comparison.

$100 on a swing speed device? You're putting way to much emphasis on one single swing stat that is next to meaningless for playing good golf. Make it a one-time thing, go to a Trackman, and post the speed here. Then stop thinking about how fast you swing.

• Booooooooo 1
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!