IGNORED

Playing Concepts versus Swing Mechanics.

Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Geez, we're still all trying to flog this 5 simple dvd stuff. It's like every frikken subject gets highjacked into a infomercial.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Originally Posted by Patrick57

Hi Logman,

Its all so Petty. I start a thread with some substance and they all jump on my back again and again.

I will discuss GAASP, and so on, when I can find some time. I'm still trying to grasp the comment about aligning the body and aiming being the same fundamental. Thats like saying stance and posture is the same thing.

Q.E.D.

He has no interest in talking about what he claims is the substance of his own post.  He just wants to troll.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by logman

Geez, we're still all trying to flog this 5 simple dvd stuff. It's like every frikken subject gets highjacked into a infomercial.

Logman, you have become entirely too predictable in your posts. Surprise us once in a while!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by dsc123

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick57

Hi Logman,

Its all so Petty. I start a thread with some substance and they all jump on my back again and again.

I will discuss GAASP, and so on, when I can find some time. I'm still trying to grasp the comment about aligning the body and aiming being the same fundamental. Thats like saying stance and posture is the same thing.

Q.E.D.

He has no interest in talking about what he claims is the substance of his own post.  He just wants to troll.

Not sure who my favourite troll is right now. Oceans57, Melt a lead spoon and pour it into your cavity back and seal it with silicon guy, or maybe sawed off log[driver]man. Could they be one and the same . . . naaaah!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Not sure who my favorite troll is right now. Oceans57, Melt a lead spoon and pour it into your cavity back and seal it with silicon guy, or maybe sawed off log[driver]man. Could they be one and the same . . . naaaah!!

You sure are an arrogant troll. You offer little of value but a lot of arrogant venom.  You have identified the troll alright. It is you!

Originally Posted by Jon Robert

Quote:

Not sure who my favorite troll is right now. Oceans57, Melt a lead spoon and pour it into your cavity back and seal it with silicon guy, or maybe sawed off log[driver]man. Could they be one and the same . . . naaaah!!

You sure are an arrogant troll. You offer little of value but a lot of arrogant venom.  You have identified the troll alright. It is you!

LOL - what, no links?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Not sure who my favourite troll is right now. Oceans57, Melt a lead spoon and pour it into your cavity back and seal it with silicon guy, or maybe sawed off log[driver]man. Could they be one and the same . . . naaaah!!

I would rank my favorite by their avatars

1. Logman

2. OCEAN

3. Patrick57

OCEAN's pic actually made me think he wasn't a troll but just some weird old guy.  It didn't last very long though.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Arguing with a fool proves there are two .

At the risk of engaging Patrick57 on his topic: my “PLAYING CONCEPT” is much simpler and one I too often ignore to my own detriment. It is simply AT&T.;

AT&T; translates to:

Alignment – defined as alignment of stance and clubface

Target – pick a reasonably precise target for the club selected

Trust – trust your decision and swing like an athlete.

“GAASP - Grip, Alignment, Aim, Stance and Posture” cannot be defined  as a playing concept nor a swing mechanic. There are too many variables. Grip can be weak, neutral or strong or interlocked, overlapped or baseball. Alignment can be open, neutral or closed. Aim can be an open, neutral or closed clubface. Stance can be tall, neutral or short. Posture can be s-curved posture or flat lumbar with slumped shoulders. Everyone would agree that if this is your checklist, then you would be frozen is swing thoughts.

“Concept 1) Involves cutting the grass”??? Slope up, level or slope down? All swings are downward. Not so with all ball contacts. This has no meaning. The swing of the sweetspot has to be down, out and forward to be successful.

“Concept 2) Tick-tock” in putting -- okay I could buy this as a simple tempo thought for putting.

“Concept 3) Hammer and nail” – sounds like a practice range concept to me. If you mean that the swing thought should be to hit the ball in the center of the sweetspot then I okay I could buy this as a simple playing concept.

“Concept 4) Exploding long bread shaped chunks of sand out of the bunker”. CHUNKING is certainly not a positive swing thought for bunker play. Some people pretend there is a dollar bill under the sand and that the clubhead will sweep the dollar bill out of the bunker using the bounce of the club. Granting you the benefit of the doubt I assume that this is what you intended to articulate.

Before the shot, I might also review in my own mind or practice swing – steady head and weight forward and getting the hands down faster. SWING MECHANICS.

Probably 75% of the people playing the game would do well with one single thought – hit the little ball before the big ball.

I think I have successfully rebutted your post without impugning your character. I will grant you the benefit of the doubton your alleged reformation.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Logman, you have become entirely too predictable in your posts. Surprise us once in a while!

I'm just saying, is it a forum or is it a vehicle for the owners to sell stuff? So i can criticise every other thing in golf apart from the products of the owners. That's a bit dull. And a bit precious.

And on the subject of predictability, well, I think I'm one of the few on here that is trying an "alternative" swing method(for good or bad) and I think maybe someone might be interested in hearing the pro's and cons of what I'm seeing........Is that of no interest to you?

And on the Patrick and ocean guy's threads........I reckon they're interesting,....sometimes. Strange ....sometimes. But generally good..... I couldn't give a rat arse if Patrick pretends to be a woman now and then...... or is off beam , or a bit hot under the collar.....so what!

yknow what really craps me off is the "one liner crowd". The mob that just offer disparaging dumb taunts whenever something unusual comes up!

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

So why am I a troll(the sawed off driver man)????.......Is it that I've posted on the short driver a few times (and I've tried to not be TOO prescriptive or too outlandish)........and you don't agree.....is that being a troll?

Iacas is talking about his DVD's much more than I talk about thrivers(sorry). So is Iacas the troll?.......I don't get it!

So why am I a troll(the sawed off driver man)????.......Is it that I've posted on the short driver a few times (and I've tried to not be TOO prescriptive or too outlandish)........and you don't agree.....is that being a troll?

Iacas is talking about his DVD's much more than I talk about thrivers(sorry). So is Iacas the troll?.......I don't get it!

It is because bullies try to enhance their standing by striking intimidating poses.

It reminds me of the 98 pound weakling, passive, shy, push over kid that is bullied day after day by the posers.

Then one day the posers up  the posing a notch and start a fight with the 98 pound wimp.

The wimp not only cleans house on one of the bullies but has all of them are begging for mercy like little babies.  Golly gee whizz looks like  the 98 pound whimp had the stuff all along while the bullies were full of nothing but fluff

This entire thread is a bunch of bullies showing off their fluff.

I will give you one guess who will be number one on the bullies posing list after this. You guessed it -  Me.

yknow what really craps me off is the "one liner crowd". The mob that just offer disparaging dumb taunts whenever something unusual comes up!

Hmmm... Waiter, check please!

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

The owner of the forum is a professional golf instructor and is part of another company that offers instructional videos on how to learn and improve your golf swing.  He provides this site, his time and insight at no cost unless you choose to support the site.  If he wants to use the site to help market his products, he's well within his right to do so.  If you're not interested, you can ignore the threads that discuss his 5 simple keys and stil get great value from the site and meet a lot of great people.

You on the other hand came in here trashing every approach to the golf swing except LPG.  You critique the site owners methods without knowing them and then side up with a known troll  (that has been banned numerous times for creating multiple profiles) and another user who also trashes the owners teaching methods without understanding them by making outrageous claims and accusations that we all know to be false.

I didn't buy the 5SK DVD's but I've learned enough from Dave, Erik, Mike and others here that I read through all the threads and take from it what I choose. Just because my swing isn't modeled after theirs doesn't mean I feel the need to trash it or promote the method I was taught over it.

It's like going into a forum sponsored by Ford and trashing their cars, telling everyone to buy Chevy and not expecting a negative reaction from all the people that own Fords.  If you don't like 5SK, then create your own forum and you, Patrick and Ocean can trash 5SK in every thread and discuss how great your swing methods are.

You joined this  forum where most of the members are pretty pleased with how it's run and trashed the owner and his methods but you're now upset that people don't treat you with kindness?  If you want respect, show respect to the rest of us here and earn it.

As for bullying, you're not a bully if the kid you're accused of bullying kicked you in the nuts first.

I'm just saying, is it a forum or is it a vehicle for the owners to sell stuff? So i can criticise every other thing in golf apart from the products of the owners. That's a bit dull. And a bit precious.

And on the subject of predictability, well, I think I'm one of the few on here that is trying an "alternative" swing method(for good or bad) and I think maybe someone might be interested in hearing the pro's and cons of what I'm seeing........Is that of no interest to you?

And on the Patrick and ocean guy's threads........I reckon they're interesting,....sometimes. Strange ....sometimes. But generally good..... I couldn't give a rat arse if Patrick pretends to be a woman now and then...... or is off beam , or a bit hot under the collar.....so what!

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

"You on the other hand came in here trashing every approach to the golf swing except LPG". not true!

"It's like going into a forum sponsored by Ford and trashing their cars, telling everyone to buy Chevy and not expecting a negative reaction from all the people that own Fords.  If you don't like 5SK, then create your own forum and you, Patrick and Ocean can trash 5SK in every thread and discuss how great your swing methods are." Again is questioning trashing? And by the way all I was doing was pointing out there are Ferraris, oldmobiles and Hondas to keep the auto flavour going.

And really, are you guys so precious that it's a hanging offence to even question that fords are the only cars ever made!

" You critique the site owners methods without knowing them and then side up with a known troll  (that has been banned numerous times for creating multiple profiles) " .......................GASP! not multiple profiles, this is terrible! call the police!..........And If I want to "side up" with someone ........and eat my lunch in the school yard with him and play football with him after school then I will.!!!! so there!!! Sheeeez

"You critique the site owners methods without knowing them and then side up with a known troll  (that has been banned numerous times for creating multiple profiles) " .......................GASP! not multiple profiles, this is terrible! call the police!..........And If I want to "side up" with someone ........and eat my lunch in the school yard with him and play football with him after school then I will.!!!! so there!!! Sheeeez

Multiple profiles are against the terms of use and it's a bannable offense. You and everyone else signed that thing you probably didn't read about the forum rules and you're expected not to abuse the forum. What if the dude made 600 profiles and entered them all in the tournament prediction contests to win a prize? The dude is banned right now so if you want to hang out with him so badly then ask a mod nicely to ban you. And I'd like to talk with Iacas about making the excessive and incomprehensible misuse of punctuation result in a ban as well, now that you mention it.

In My Bag:

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Multiple profiles are against the terms of use and it's a bannable offense. You and everyone else signed that thing you probably didn't read about the forum rules and you're expected not to abuse the forum. What if the dude made 600 profiles and entered them all in the tournament prediction contests to win a prize? The dude is banned right now so if you want to hang out with him so badly then ask a mod nicely to ban you. And I'd like to talk with Iacas about making the excessive and incomprehensible misuse of punctuation result in a ban as well, now that you mention it.

I plead guilt to the last charge your honour......!!!!!!!?????? But really how bored are you do you go to bed at night and read the forum rules!!!!

I plead guilt to the last charge your honour......!!!!!!!?????? But really how bored are you do you go to bed at night and read the forum rules!!!!

I don't have to read the forum rules. No forum allows multiple accounts. It's part of a common code of etiquette that's mostly common sense.

Besides, I saw that Patrick57 got banned on several occasions for it. Once you see someone get banned several times, hilariously I might add, you remember the rule they broke for your own benefit.

In My Bag:

Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!