IGNORED

If money wasn't a problem..

Note: This thread is 4281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shorty

Gold paint and shiny things are not indications of "quality".

There is no difference in quality between JDM stuff and what is available elsewhere.

As for "outperforming", again, that is nonsense. Please give one example.

This.

*hurray, this is post 1000!"

Originally Posted by Maverick

This.

*hurray, this is post 1000!"

The first item listed under Epon is a Wilson 8802 style blade putter for ... wait for it ... $1,050.00.

Shorty asked for an example that proves the performance, not confirm that they charge a lot.  I don't think he's disputing that they'll pay a lot in Japan, just the claim that they are getting better equipment.

P.S. Congrats on your 1000th ... I just got mine too!

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Shorty asked for an example that proves the performance, not confirm that they charge a lot.  I don't think he's disputing that they'll pay a lot in Japan, just the claim that they are getting better equipment.

Imagine the "performance benefits" of this vile object:

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Gold paint and shiny things are not indications of "quality".

There is no difference in quality between JDM stuff and what is available elsewhere.

As for "outperforming", again, that is nonsense. Please give one example.

Hmmm, lets see, how about TM's forged drivers that outperform the RBZ and R11S.  You can say all you want that its nonsense and there is no difference in quality but that doesnt make it true.  The quality that I speak of is why you dont see cast irons in Japan, even from companies like Ping and Titleist (forged Vokey wedges) who say that cast is just as good as forged.

The difference from JDM gear to everything else is night and day.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

The difference from JDM gear to everything else is night and day.

Count me as someone who would like to see some evidence of your claim.....beyond your own assertion. The fact that any company produces differing products for different markets doesn't mean those products are necessarily better.....no matter what the price point.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hmmm, lets see, how about TM's forged drivers that outperform the RBZ and R11S.  You can say all you want that its nonsense and there is no difference in quality but that doesnt make it true.  The quality that I speak of is why you dont see cast irons in Japan, even from companies like Ping and Titleist (forged Vokey wedges) who say that cast is just as good as forged. The difference from JDM gear to everything else is night and day.

Where is that info? And if Vokey wedges weren't as good do you think so many pros would use them who aren't even under contract from Titleist?

Colin P.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Hmmm, lets see, how about TM's forged drivers that outperform the RBZ and R11S.

Yeah! Exactly! You tell them GG! That's why all the PGA Tour players have those Japanese forged drivers in their bags!!! And the forged Vokeys, too! And their balls? They're actually these $105/dozen balls and they just mark "Nike" or "Titleist" on them!

Oh, wait....

Closer to the truth: the Japanese are even bigger suckers for marketing than you are.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd get a couple of Trackmans and a really good hfps camera.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by nevets88

I'd get a couple of Trackmans and a really good hfps camera.

You could get the Konica Minolta Biz-Hub SwingVision camera and see if you were adding enough draw or fade while the ball was on the clubface!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

One TrackMan good! Two TrackMen better!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Stretch 

One TrackMan good! Two TrackMen better!

Yeah, whatever. I'm going to build a Beowulf cluster of Trackmen.

I'm trying to picture going to the range, casually taking a TrackMan out of my bag and then taking swings while people are quietly wondering, what the hell is that orange thingamajig? Who does this guy think he is?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm trying to picture going to the range, casually taking a TrackMan out of my bag and then taking swings while people are quietly wondering, what the hell is that orange thingamajig? Who does this guy think he is?

If that's your fantasy, get a GC2 with voice readout. After every shot it will loudly inform the whole range about your launch conditions etc. Can't get much more look-at-me than that!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by iacas

Yeah! Exactly! You tell them GG! That's why all the PGA Tour players have those Japanese forged drivers in their bags!!! And the forged Vokeys, too! And their balls? They're actually these $105/dozen balls and they just mark "Nike" or "Titleist" on them!

Oh, wait....

Closer to the truth: the Japanese are even bigger suckers for marketing than you are.

Hmmm, interesting.  Honestly, they probably would be using those drivers if they hadnt been banned by the USGA.  Look at the banned driver list, its full of Japanese brands.  Still think the JDM stuff doesnt outperform the stuff we got over here?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Still think the JDM stuff doesnt outperform the stuff we got over here?

Absolutely.

Great use of false logic, btw. They could make "illegal" drivers here too. They don't because they wouldn't sell.

Has to be worth at least 4 shots in match play. You just need to position the bag properly so it blinds your opponent.

And having 2 trackman's is worse than having 1 since you would have no idea which one is right. You need at least 3 so you can break ties...

Imagine the "performance benefits" of this vile object:

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!