IGNORED

Embroidering your name on your bag

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the things Ive promised myself when my handicap comes down to single figures is to treat myself to having my name and country embroidered on a golf bag. Then I realised Ill probably never get down to single figures so this is something that Ill just do when I have the spare cash! :)

So anyways, does anyone know where one can get this done here in the UK?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't have any help for you in the UK, but I actually had that done on a bag here in the States.  Not that I got to a single digit handicap or anything, just felt a little cocky and had it done.  First off, buying a bag and then getting it embroidered, is not idea  First option should be to try and find a place where you can buy a bag that they embroider prior to assembling the bag.  I actually had purchased a Ping staff bag, then found an embroider that would put my name on the lower zippered pocket. Only one shop was willing to give it a try, 3 or 4 places turned me down, they either didn't have the right equipment or just didn't feel they could make it work on something that big and bulky.

Try a google search, you might be surprised in what you find, I noticed that Golfsmith actually sells personalized bags.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• Administrator

Any embroidery shop can do it, though the best method is to just order a bag with your name on it. I'd look at that rather than embroidering an existing, used bag.

You'll get some flak from people, too. If your name is on your bag you're usually a pro or a good, good player. It's up to you whether you'll choose to care about those people (and it may be different in the UK).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You'll get some flak from people, too. If your name is on your bag you're usually a pro or a good, good player. It's up to you whether you'll choose to care about those people (and it may be different in the UK).

True dat. Nothing says "poser" like your name on your bag, unless you're either a pro or a VERY good player.....think scratch or better. At least on this side of the pond.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

True dat.

Nothing says "poser" like your name on your bag, unless you're either a pro or a VERY good player.....think scratch or better.

At least on this side of the pond.

A big staff bag and a high handicap are about as bad as a "normal" size bag with your name on it. The best is a staff bag with your name on it. Better hit a good tee shot on number one tee.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Yes, hence why I thought I'd do that with a single figure handicap :)

But thanks for the suggestions.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Don't forget to consider that if you embroider a Callaway Staff bag and later switch to Titleist clubs, say, you'll have to do it all over again with a Titleist bag or the clubs won't work right.

I would like to thank my many sponsors:

Cobra Amp 9.5* Driver; Aldila RIP Stiff 55g shaft

Titleist 904f 17* 4W; S300 shaft

Callaway X-22 3-P, reg flex, 1/2" long, 2* up

Titleist Vokey 252.08 & 256.14 wedges; standard

Ping Anser Putter (because it gives me the confidence I need to 4 putt)

Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo grips all around

Top-flite Gamer V2 ball

I'm 6'4", 210lbs, 34yo.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

The best is a staff bag with your name on it. Better hit a good tee shot on number one tee.

I have both and this can't be any truer!

If you're trying to get over nervousness while golfing, hit a nice tee shot with that bag and you'll be fine for the rest of the day.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I know a few members at my course who have this done, some are very good players but a few look funny with that behind them on the range !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

• 8 months later...

I have recently purchased last seasons Callaway Razr Staff bag, and would like to get my name embroidered on it, for when I go to National champs etc.

I just cannot find anywhere who specifically embroiders bags. I also want to get my sponsor's logo on there too or a flag etc.

Thanks

Charlie

I laugh at the people that get in a huff over someone with their name on a bag (let alone a staff bag).

Some people need to worry about their own life.  If someone wants to spend their money that they earned on a bag with their name on it, who am I to judge?

Two good reasons to put your name on your bag, regardless if size. 1. Less likely to get stolen or taken by "mistake". 2. It really helps those you are paired with remember your name without having to sneak a peek at a bag tag after having been told your name and forgotten it. (In Florida where many own their own golf carts they have their names stenciled on the front of the cart for the same purpose)
  • Upvote 1

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Pretentious?  Probably

Does it matter? Not really

wouldn't bode well for the "hustler" in a weekend foursome trying to get others to "press" him, OTOH there is something to the "fear factor" notion that possibly could give you an edge. I read somewhere recently about the "mental" game whereby something as simple as purposely striding out in front of everybody after your tee shots can give you an advantage. It was probably from one of C.J. Goeks (sp)  spots.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Some people need to worry about their own life.  If someone wants to spend their money that they earned on a bag with their name on it, who am I to judge?

Agreed. If/when I do get one I'm just going to get my nickname on there. Not because I want to look like a pro, but just so I can customize my bag. If someone has a problem with that I couldn't give two hoots.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Years ago, when Mizuno staffed me, I got a staff bag with my name on it. I was 19 years old and worked as a cart attendant/anything that needed to be done guy. I'd be lying if I said it didn't go to my head. I was young and foolish and used to sit it down at the range so my name faced towards the cart-path. I know, what a douche. Fortunately I've gained some wisdom and modesty with more years under the belt. Now looking to replace it with a stand bag, not because I don't like having my name on the bag, but because it's too damn heavy for walking. It'll become a nice decoration for my man-cave.

But I wouldn't judge anyone for having one. We had plenty of regular mid-high handicap golfers with embroidered staff bags. If they only play with carts and they like the look, no reason not to have one.

But I wouldn't judge anyone for having one. We had plenty of regular mid-high handicap golfers with embroidered staff bags. If they only play with carts and they like the look, no reason not to have one.

You're right, I've seen a few mid to high handicappers with staff bags and a couple with names on them. Frankly, if they weren't so darn expensive and heavy I'd have one right now. As far as the embroidery goes, my good friend had won a Oakley staff bag last year and part of the package was to get whatever he wanted embroidered on the front. He's averaging scores in the 90's but everytime we go out he has someone compliment him on the bag. Only compliments I get is how well I repair the divots I make. :D

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• 5 months later...
I have one and I suck! I also play blades why you may ask is because Ilike how they look. I don't give two sh*ts what people think, when they're paying for it then they can have an opinion until then F--K 'EM! Also I walk every course I play and push my bag around on a three wheeled cart. So I say why wait treat yourself now and if some has a problem with it show them where they can stuff their opinion.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!