IGNORED

Embroidering your name on your bag

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the things Ive promised myself when my handicap comes down to single figures is to treat myself to having my name and country embroidered on a golf bag.

This is the part I would like to focus on.

If your name is on your bag, doesn't the expectation of from others of you having a nearly perfect swing go up?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is the part I would like to focus on.

If your name is on your bag, doesn't the expectation of from others of you having a nearly perfect swing go up?

I think that was the case in the past, the only time you really saw names on a bag were on leather staff bags.  Today you can embroider any bag pretty inexpensively.  My buddy's wife got him a new TM cart bag with his name on it for Christmas, the embroidery was free with the purchase of the bag.

I prefer to maintain low profile, but see no problem if others like their name on their bag.

Joe Paradiso

My buddy Wilson did it and nobody's ever said boo to him about it.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have one and I suck! I also play blades why you may ask is because Ilike how they look. I don't give two sh*ts what people think, when they're paying for it then they can have an opinion until then F--K 'EM! Also I walk every course I play and push my bag around on a three wheeled cart. So I say why wait treat yourself now and if some has a problem with it show them where they can stuff their opinion.

Lol I don't know what to say to that.... You say you suck but you play blades because you like how they look? lolololol

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I suck right now because haven't played a lot lately since being diagnosed with leukemia but I've played with blades the entire time I've played. You don't like what you play with? Your the type of jerk that makes a lot of people not want to play golf because they're afraid that their equipment or how they look will be laughed at so yeah I love the look of a blade and if thats funny to you because that's the reason I play them then you have a sad life so do me a favour and get bent

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I suck right now because haven't played a lot lately since being diagnosed with leukemia but I've played with blades the entire time I've played. You don't like what you play with? Your the type of jerk that makes a lot of people not want to play golf because they're afraid that their equipment or how they look will be laughed at so yeah I love the look of a blade and if thats funny to you because that's the reason I play them then you have a sad life so do me a favour and get bent

You should play the way you like! It is for fun, after all.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I agree 150%

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

A mid-handicapper I play with has his name on his bag. It was a gift that was given to him.

If you want your name embroidered on your bag, do it. If someone judges you for it, their opinion is probably not worth getting concerned over.

You have to be prepared for some baiting whenever something stands out from "the norm" in your group I reckon.

At my last club I frequently get baited for having immaculate clubs because I clean and buff them regularly and because I like to look and feel good on the course even if my game's not up to standard. "he dresses like a real golfer yet he isn't..." or "Nice bats; did you buy them this morning?" were normal comments. ;)

Personally if I saw someone with a named bag I'd probably think, "hey cool!" but wouldn't think much beyond that point.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I don't think I could ever put my name on my bag..........a nickname maybe.  IE.... "MAD DOG".......on the bag would be fun!  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 3 months later...

I am so glad I came and read this.
I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

I'd do it - he'll grow out of that bag someday anyway.

Dont be bullied by people you dont know. I am still thinking of having mine done - just havent had the time to research it.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I am so glad I came and read this. I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

What's his nickname?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's your bag. Do what you want. I have had my name on most of the bags I have played up until now. Between middle school, high school, and college. They all had my name and school name and all where stand bags. I recently purchased a new bag without my name because I have been out of school for a couple years. But when it comes down to it you can do whatever you want

My buddy Wilson did it and nobody's ever said boo to him about it.

Nicely played - LMAO.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Actually do it for your young fulla...I would bet he would absolutely love a bag with his name on it.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

I'm in the "do what you like" camp but you may get some crap from your buddies/guys at your course.

I doubt any of the other 7 year old kids are going to comment on your son's bag. I'm sure your son would really like it so I say go for it. He will get a new bag before high school when I would think people would start to pass judgment on him having his name on his bag. That being said, if he's playing in tournaments at 7 he may be super nice by the time he gets to high school and then no one would say a word about a name on his bag.

What's his nickname?

'Cuda..  As in Barracuda.

'Cuda Clark

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!