IGNORED

2012 NFL Season

jamo
Note: This thread is 4131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

7 coaches and 5 GM's fired today.

Poor a 40 out for our lost homies. When's the Draft? (Browns fan)

What do you think about Shurmur getting fired?  I would have liked to see what he could have done with one more year now that he actually has some talent to work with, but I don't follow the Browns that closely, so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

• Administrator

Where's zipazoid so I can point out that the Browns lost their second annual Pseudo Super Bowl, and again mention how it took 8 turnovers to BARELY win the previous time? :P

That is all. :)

NFL season is over for me. I am not an NFL fan.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where's zipazoid so I can point out that the Browns lost their second annual Pseudo Super Bowl, and again mention how it took 8 turnovers to BARELY win the previous time? :P That is all. :) NFL season is over for me. I am not an NFL fan.

That's ok, you've got the NHL season in full swing now to keep you happy. Ummm ....

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

That's ok, you've got the NHL season in full swing now to keep you happy. Ummm ....

Don't get me started on the NHL. Morons... (both sides).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by smellysell

What do you think about Shurmur getting fired?  I would have liked to see what he could have done with one more year now that he actually has some talent to work with, but I don't follow the Browns that closely, so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

I think the franchise will continue to flounder until they get a franchise QB.  I'm not sure Weeden is the answer?  He is average at best, from my perspective.

a.) The team only had 31 touchdowns, and ranked 25th in the league in that respective category.  Only two playoff teams ranked outside the top 15 in this category...

Vikings had 39 TD's and ranked 19th

Colts had 40 TD's and ranked 17th

b.) They also ranked 24th in scoring... Only one playoff team ranked outside the top 15 teams - that being the Colts at 18th.

c.) He threw a mere 14 TDs and 17 Ints.... And ended up with a 72.6 QB rating.

The dude just doesn't seem like he has much upside... He is 29 years old.  And think he could be suitable as a backup - or the 'Guy' for a team always battling to be an 8 game winner.  That may be a little harsh, but I just don't see him taking this team to the promised land.

Shurmur (Head Coach) and Heckert (GM) picked this kid to lead the offense.  They rolled the dice and unfortunately, I think they missed the boat - again.

The Browns were sold to Jimmy Haslam earlier this year, and I believe it is his right to put a stamp on the franchise.  And I support his decision as a fan to right the ship.  Missing the playoffs is unacceptable... Especially when you see teams like the Colts go from a 2 win team in 2011 - to an 11 win team in 2012.  Stop the excuses, and get people into the organization that know how to make sound decisions in the player personell area, and motivate these young guys to play their hearts out for the city that wants nothing more than a winning franchise.

I think the franchise will continue to flounder until they get a franchise QB.

For the browns, jets, and several other team in need of one of these ... Where might they find one this year? Does one even exist? There certainly aren't any RGIII's or Andrew Lucks in the upcoming draft, but maybe there's a Russell Wilson lurking out there?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

For the browns, jets, and several other team in need of one of these ... Where might they find one this year? Does one even exist? There certainly aren't any RGIII's or Andrew Lucks in the upcoming draft, but maybe there's a Russell Wilson lurking out there?

The upcoming draft is the first draft I've seen in a while where a QB is not in the top 10 - it's more a defensive draft. The closest would probably be Geno Smith, and he's an read option QB - probably the closest they'll get to a "Russell Wilson" this year. Next QB after that is Matt Barkley and he's your classic drop back passer.

Going after Weeden was a risk considering his age. He did pretty well at OKST, but, to me, it's really hard not to overlook how old he is...especially with 30-year-old players contemplating retirement (Hester).

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Yea... this tattoo is for real, guys:

Yea.... that's a tat of Ryan's wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey with no bottom looking seductively at the viewer.

I think we now know why Rex was so adamant about not benching him. Jeez... and here I thought my Michael Dukakis tattoo was embarrassing....

This picture was taken a couple days ago.

Constantine

That's creepy, wonder who got to pick the jersey number, him or his wife.  You'd think Ryan being a former defensive coordinator would have opted for Revis' jersey number instead.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea... this tattoo is for real, guys:

Yea.... that's a tat of Ryan's wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey with no bottom looking seductively at the viewer.

I think we now know why Rex was so adamant about not benching him. Jeez... and here I thought my Michael Dukakis tattoo was embarrassing....

This picture was taken a couple days ago.

Joe Paradiso

I personally thibk Rex Ryan needs to get the ax... I live 20 minutes from where the jets have training camp and it's a circus... he should be coaching the Ithaca high school football team

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

He may be fired depending on who the Jets hire as GM.  Most GM's won't want a head coach from the old GM so my guess is they are going to retain Ryan until a GM is selected and then let the GM decide his fate.  If I were the GM I'd offer Ryan the defensive coordinator position and hire a new head coach and offensive coordinator.

In addition to having a tough time finding a GM with Ryan still head coach, they are going to have a tough time attracting top defensive and offensive coordinators who know that Ryan is likely there for a year at most.  Only way they'd get anyone decent is to promise the coordinator Ryan's job if he's fired but that would completely undermine Ryan for 2013.

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

I personally thibk Rex Ryan needs to get the ax... I live 20 minutes from where the jets have training camp and it's a circus... he should be coaching the Ithaca high school football team

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Yikes!  Reminds me of a line from a Jimmy Buffett song.  "It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling".

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

That has to be fake... I mean come on... Please tell me that tat is fake.

I don't know...Wasn't it Ryan who had the weird foot fetish video thing a few years ago? This guys seems into some kinky stuff.

Michael

Originally Posted by mchepp

I don't know...Wasn't it Ryan who had the weird foot fetish video thing a few years ago? This guys seems into some kinky stuff.

Yup that was him.........and I thought that was enough to get him fired at the time. This is just weird

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 4131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!