IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by eich41

Then you take Bradley/Mickelson out on Saturday afternoon when they had steamrolled everyone.

This was the shocker for me.

It was a very entertaining weekend and for that I am happy.  This weekend is always tough for me as I can't root for players I usually root for and have to root for players that piss me off.

We have some good young golfers coming up...so the next few Ryder Cups will be just as entertaining.

This one is on DLIII.  Why would you trot out Stricker/Woods three times when they got their asses handed to them all weekend?  Then you take Bradley/Mickelson out on Saturday afternoon when they had steamrolled everyone.  Ridiculous Captain decisions all weekend.

How is this on DLIII he didnt hit any shots..

This is on the players...

Stricker didnt do anything all weekend.. Tiger had some good stretches , just the other team had them at the same time.

Phil played well...

But give it to Europe for hanging in there.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Oleeeee ole ole ole oleeeee

What an epic night...

Furyk really choked, that was terrible....

I think the big difference here was that the europeans wanted it more.... Of course.. guys like Mickelson, Bubba, Keegan fought there heart out.. But some other guys looked really uninspired.. While the europeans ( lesser golfers overall imo) all aproached this as the biggest day of there lives...

Soooooooooooooooooo who's our next captain?

Couples?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

How is this on DLIII he didnt hit any shots..

This is on the players...

Stricker didnt do anything all weekend.. Tiger had some good stretches , just the other team had them at the same time.

Phil played well...

But give it to Europe for hanging in there.

It's on DL3 for picking Stricker and Furyk for one thing.

It'll be very interesting to see how next year and the Presidents cup goes. 2 yrs from now we should have some new faces on the team and hopefully a captain with a little more common sense.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by n8dogg2669

The Americans deserve to sit and watch the Euros get hammered on Guiness and sing Ole for the next 5 hours. Calling them choke artists would be a compliment, came on US soil and shoved it down our throats. Get some heart US, get some heart. DL3 did a poor job in picks and match ups in my opinion.. So irritated I am going to the range to hit golf balls..

Would you have saio DLIII did a bad job if the US won?

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway

Originally Posted by breakout89

What a comeback! God, I love the Ryder Cup. Well played Europe!

Not being a sore loser, but the US choked that away moreso than Europe won it.  The only match that really had clutch play on the European side was the Rose/Mickelson match.  Those three putts Rose made on 16, 17, and 18 were gigantic, and Phil played well on all three of those holes, Rose just played better.

Stricker - Choked

Furyk - Choked

Woods - Choked (didn't matter but who misses a two footer?  and who doesn't just concede the hole?)

Simpson - Choked

Bubba - Played awful

Originally Posted by wadesworld

It's on DL3 for picking Stricker and Furyk for one thing.

That i will agree..

I can think Furyk is good.. but not sure why he picked Stricker?... Mahan would have been a better pick

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Can't wait to drown myself in Dexter, Homeland, and Boardwalk Empire tonight.

Had enough of sports for one day.

I'll have to DVR all of them as the Eagles are playing tonight.

Bill M

Golf was the winner and the 2014 RC will be the most anticipated ever.

Don't forget that you witnessed some of the best golf you've ever seen and certainly the best match play you've ever seen.

The only real disappointment is the pathetic and unimaginative, predictable and head in the sand captaincy of Davis Love.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Anyone know why Kaymer only played two rounds? Did he play that bad the first one?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by ThominOH

Sad thing is.. The RC could of been great this year.. BUT... Some of the Euro's came in dead like Kaymer and Hanson.. and they you have quite a few that just looked tired.. Rory wasn't playing well, GMac looked unsure, Westwood was horrible.. I give credit to the Americans for coming in as if they were still in the groove, but Sunday will be a boring day knowing the RC is pretty much over with.. Euro's will be lucky to win 4 points in singles..

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by jamo

Couples?

He does the Presidents Cup though. I guess it doesnt matter.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Not being a sore loser, but the US choked that away moreso than Europe won it.  The only match that really had clutch play on the European side was the Rose/Mickelson match.  Those three putts Rose made on 16, 17, and 18 were gigantic, and Phil played well on all three of those holes, Rose just played better.

Stricker - Choked

Furyk - Choked

Woods - Choked (didn't matter but who misses a two footer?  and who doesn't just concede the hole?)

Simpson - Choked

Bubba - Played awful

I think it was Poulters 5 birdies in a row with all the clutch putts... that won this ryder cup for europe.... It gave Europe hope and momentum... And it was that 1 point that's the difference now.

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

Would you have saio DLIII did a bad job if the US won?

He did a bad job regardless. Furyk and Stricker were bad picks. Why sit Mickelson and Bradley yesteday, and why leave Stricker and Woods together throughout when they obviously had no chemistry. Furyk in particular has been choking all year. What was Love trying to do, redeem him? No room for that in a team competition.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!