IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note:Β This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm rooting for all of them at this point ... the remaining 4 are all good players and seem like good guys.Β  And in the teaser for next week, it looks like we're gonna get to see the saucer pass during the tic-tac-toe challenge.

I agree to a certain extent. Β At this point... I really like all of the contestants. Β I'd say James is the most likable guy on the show - probably the most marketable as well should he win. Β But... Does he really need a 'Big Break'? Β He's the CEO of Kikkor Golf for heavens sake. I'm sure he is financially sound - and can live comfortably without being on tour, and doesn't need the tour.

So that brings me to a thought of who really needs the 'Big Break' out of the remaining contestants? Β And the show hasn't shown much of Mark and or Rick's personal life... So it is hard for me to say if they have a lot riding on this - other than they are solid golfers and want to make it professionally on tour... But Issac on the other hand, they have shown him interacting with his family. Β And he has young children to support along with a wife... And from what little the show has explored regarding these guys backgrounds and what they have at stake from a personal perspective... Winning Big Break could have more of an impact for a guy like Issac as this is his bread and butter and he has a family to support. Β So for me... I'm personally pulling for Issac to win now.

Overall, I think this is one of the better Big Breaks they've had in the series.

I see your point. Rick and Mark probably had a easy boring white bread life. Isaac looks like has been chewed up and spit out not to mention his caption always reads "Diagnosed with Gigantism as a child" to help with the we should feel bad for this guy schtick. I like James' personality but I really like Isaac's life thoughts they have in his bio not to mention his go for it no fear attitude on the elimination challenge.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I totally agree I thought that dude was a jerk.

Plus 30 mini tour wins!! Damn I wanna join that tour - if he has 30 wins and after watching his swing and bad attitude I would love to whip his ass on the course. Β He seems like someone you could get into his head real quick and he is done!!

I totally agree I thought that dude was a jerk.

Plus 30 mini tour wins!! Damn I wanna join that tour - if he has 30 wins and after watching his swing and bad attitude I would love to whip his ass on the course. Β He seems like someone you could get into his head real quick and he is done!!

I agree to a certain extent. Β At this point... I really like all of the contestants. Β I'd say James is the most likable guy on the show - probably the most marketable as well should he win. Β But... Does he really need a 'Big Break'? Β He's the CEO of Kikkor Golf for heavens sake. I'm sure he is financially sound - and can live comfortably without being on tour, and doesn't need the tour.

i'm rooting for James, and I also like the Kikkor shoes (I have 2 pairs).Β  But being a CEO/owner of a company doesn't make someone wealthy, or even well-off, in the slightest.Β Β  For many/most, quite the opposite in fact.

Don't let those occupy wall street folks twist your thinking...

• Upvote 2

In my Grom Stand bag:

Β 

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I agree owning a business doesn't make you wealthy, but it does take a lot of time and he is likely making a decent living.Β  I'm curious how he'd handle running his business and being on tour if he had the chance to do so.Β  I'd like to see Isaac or Rick win, but I'm happy with any of the remaining guys getting it.

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

i'm rooting for James, and I also like the Kikkor shoes (I have 2 pairs).Β  But being a CEO/owner of a company doesn't make someone wealthy, or even well-off, in the slightest.Β Β  For many/most, quite the opposite in fact.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

1.) I have known several folks who started their own venture/company/business to fail.

2.) I've seen Kikkor's product and value prop - and believe James has a chance to make it work - much better chance than some of the ventures I've seen from others I've come in contact with.

3.) Even if James failed miserably with Kikkor golf - with what he has already learned and accomplished from the golf merchandise side - and launching a brand from the ground up - he could get another job and make a decent living pretty easily. Β With another merchandise company (in or out of golf), or another start-up for that matter. Β He has an impressive resume based on what he has already accomplished with Kikkor.

So I said it before... And I'll say it again. Β He doesn't really 'need' the Big Break. Β Is he an interesting character? Β Do I like him as a contestant? Β Both yes. Β Am I rooting for him? Β I dunno? Β I'm not rooting against him... I just don't think he particularly needs the show as much as someone like Issac perhaps does?

Not to mention owning a business doesn't mean you are rolling in cash. To keep it growing you must continue to invest in it which often means obtaining lines of credit. When we started ours weΒ pulled equity from homes and personal savings. Even though the business looked good on paper we weren't living the high life and still aren't. Being in business for yourself just means you have more to lose.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by ace3g

Go IsaacΒ  and saucer dominated tic tac toe

James is my new personal hero I think with that shot.

And oh what a great season its been. Between the beauty of the Greenbrier, the quality of the contestants, and the quality of their character, it's been a lot of fun.

Sad to see Rick go. The next episode should be a great one.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

And oh what a great season its been. Between the beauty of the Greenbrier, the quality of the contestants, and the quality of their character, it's been a lot of fun.

James stepped up huge! Β I'm impressed with how he is scrambling and making clutch shots when needed this week and last. Β I'm still pulling for Issac, but James is on fire. Β Mark is good - but he hasn't been in a head to head elimination challenge, yet! Β I think he is going to somehow sneak into the final... But whomever he faces off against, will win.

So just guessing... James versus Mark in the final. Β James wins.

But I'd still like to see Issac in the final. Β Issac versus James would be fun to watch.

What i liked most about the last show is the 4 remaining guys just played , no trash talking, they were pulling for the other guys and it was all business. i thought last nights show was cool.

• Upvote 2

Tools in the OgioΒ bag.
Driver Β  Β  Β Callaway
Β Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5*Β Extra Stiff

3 wood Β Β Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid Β  Β Β Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons Β  Β  Β  Ping Β I20 5-PW

Wedges Β PingΒ Tour GorgeΒ 52Β & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter Β  Β  Scotty CameronΒ Monterey

Balls Β  Β  Β Bridgestone B-330

Shoes Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Skycaddie SGX

I think this season has been great and the 4 guys i liked the best were the final 4. pulling for james and isaac to make the final as they are my favorites. gonna have to go to the short game area and practice that saucer shot.

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

What i liked most about the last show is the 4 remaining guys just played , no trash talking, they were pulling for the other guys and it was all business. i thought last nights show was cool.

just found the show last night - looks like fun.Β  Now that our courses are closed, I must be desperate or something to actual watch this stuff.Β  But I do like the skills challenges, seems like a good way to learn some training ideas or even some games with friends...

I like how they are all pulling for each other too.

Bill -Β 

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Originally Posted by ace3g

Go IsaacΒ  and saucer dominated tic tac toe

Its automatic. Funny how he just "feels" its the right time to sauce it and it works beautifully. Cant wait to hit the range with it

Β  Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 

Β 

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

Cant wait to hit the range with it

I tried it and it isn't as easy as James makes it look. Β When I tried it - the ball just rolls up the face of the club and goes about 5ft. Β LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

Cant wait to hit the range with it

I tried it and it isn't as easy as James makes it look. Β When I tried it - the ball just rolls up the face of the club and goes about 5ft. Β LOL

You must learn at the foot of the master, young grasshopper....

And don't forget James's other secret shot: The Change Up!

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Note:Β This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!