IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought to myself while watching the show, "TGC finally got it right". The last shows shot placements and players attitudes were far above past breaks. The respect for one anothers talent and their own, plus wanting win and not just have the other "f" up. Best show yet. True golf entertainment.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I thought to myself while watching the show, "TGC finally got it right". The last shows shot placements and players attitudes were far above past breaks. The respect for one anothers talent and their own, plus wanting win and not just have the other "f" up. Best show yet. True golf entertainment.

I'll agree with that. Brian stands out as the only dislikable contestant on the show, and I don't think we've seen a player eliminated by way of missing a short putt all season.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

1.) I have known several folks who started their own venture/company/business to fail.

2.) I've seen Kikkor's product and value prop - and believe James has a chance to make it work - much better chance than some of the ventures I've seen from others I've come in contact with.

3.) Even if James failed miserably with Kikkor golf - with what he has already learned and accomplished from the golf merchandise side - and launching a brand from the ground up - he could get another job and make a decent living pretty easily.  With another merchandise company (in or out of golf), or another start-up for that matter.  He has an impressive resume based on what he has already accomplished with Kikkor.

So I said it before... And I'll say it again.  He doesn't really 'need' the Big Break.  Is he an interesting character?  Do I like him as a contestant?  Both yes.  Am I rooting for him?  I dunno?  I'm not rooting against him... I just don't think he particularly needs the show as much as someone like Issac perhaps does?

considering you've never done it before yourself... and i have for over 13 years... i'll still stick w/ my original post that you're incorrect to say James doesn't really "need" the big break.   i find this post of yours to be quite prejudicial and ignorant.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

[QUOTE name="Beachcomber" url="/t/62471/big-break-greenbrier/198#post_789454"] 1.) I have known several folks who started their own venture/company/business to fail.   2.) I've seen Kikkor's product and value prop - and believe James has a chance to make it work - much better chance than some of the ventures I've seen from others I've come in contact with. 3.) Even if James failed miserably with Kikkor golf - with what he has already learned and accomplished from the golf merchandise side - and launching a brand from the ground up - he could get another job and make a decent living pretty easily.  With another merchandise company (in or out of golf), or another start-up for that matter.  He has an impressive resume based on what he has already accomplished with Kikkor. So I said it before... And I'll say it again.  He doesn't really 'need' the Big Break.  Is he an interesting character?  Do I like him as a contestant?  Both yes.  Am I rooting for him?  I dunno?  I'm not rooting against him... I just don't think he particularly needs the show as much as someone like Issac perhaps does? [/QUOTE] considering you've never done it before yourself... and i have for over 13 years... i'll still stick w/ my original post that you're incorrect to say James doesn't really "need" the big break.   i find this post of yours to be quite prejudicial and ignorant.

I have my own biz and biz money doesn't always transfer into other endeavors plus James has partners in his biz it is getting split and/or put back into the co. Finally in this economy, people are cutting back as well no matter what biz you are in.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

considering you've never done it before yourself... and i have for over 13 years... i'll still stick w/ my original post that you're incorrect to say James doesn't really "need" the big break.   i find this post of yours to be quite prejudicial and ignorant.

Thanks, have a great weekend!

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

What i liked most about the last show is the 4 remaining guys just played , no trash talking, they were pulling for the other guys and it was all business. i thought last nights show was cool.

Well said......

For me, this is the best final 4 EVER on Big Break.   I think this is the first time I truly liked all four of them and I hated to see any of them go.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Thanks, have a great weekend!

LMFAO

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Cheering for Lepp in the final.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Originally Posted by ace3g

Chan is back

That was a big downer of the episode...   I mean it was a great episode... Don't get me wrong.  Great, great episode. The battle between the three finalist was really good TV.  Lots of back and forth between Sasquatch and Mark... And seeing some solid shots by all three.  But I was hoping they were going to have a real tour player come onto the show to play against the three after they read the card in the morning at breakfast... Like they did with the chicks (Yani being a guest) in Big Break Atlantis.  Then out comes Chan in his Loudmouth gear.  W.T.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****lfing View Post

Cheering for Lepp in the final.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could not like James?  He is a charming bastard.  And is fun to watch play golf. I hope he wins and starts doing something on tour next year.  He has a new fan in me...

He definitely grew on me over the course of the show.  And I know I said he probably didn't 'need' the Big Break (and ruffled some feathers in this thread)... But he seems like he is a genuine guy, and I hope he does well. And sorry if I pissed anyone off with my earlier comments.  I guess sometimes we just need to agree to disagree?

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace3g

Chan is back

That was a big downer of the episode...   I mean it was a great episode... Don't get me wrong.  Great, great episode. The battle between the three finalist was really good TV.  Lots of back and forth between Sasquatch and Mark... And seeing some solid shots by all three.  But I was hoping they were going to have a real tour player come onto the show to play against the three after they read the card in the morning at breakfast... Like they did with the chicks (Yani being a guest) in Big Break Atlantis.  Then out comes Chan in his Loudmouth gear.  W.T.F.

Yea, seriously. They might as well have played this music when Chan sauntered in from around the trees.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

That was a big downer of the episode...   I mean it was a great episode... Don't get me wrong.  Great, great episode. The battle between the three finalist was really good TV.  Lots of back and forth between Sasquatch and Mark... And seeing some solid shots by all three.  But I was hoping they were going to have a real tour player come onto the show to play against the three after they read the card in the morning at breakfast... Like they did with the chicks (Yani being a guest) in Big Break Atlantis.  Then out comes Chan in his Loudmouth gear.  W.T.F. :-$

I was thinking the same exact. As soon as I saw the preview I thought back to yani a couple seasons ago then was sort of upset when it wa grass eating Chan. But overall a great episode. I would be fine with either winning but I was pulling for Squatch

Tough to see Sasquatch go out like that, but James brought his "A" game and Mark got it together when it counted....that putt he nailed after missing 2 shorties was one of the most clutch shots I've seen on BB. Gonna be a battle in the finale - not sure who to root for!

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!