IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

I want to make 1 other observation, and would appreciate feedback from everyone to see if anyone agrees.   Tom Abbott absolutely annoys the hell out of me and I can't figure out how he ever got the job as host.  Surely the Golf Channel can find somebody more interesting to host the show, right???   He makes me want to pull my hair out..............   In contrast, I absolutely love Stephanie Sparks.  I have a  huge crush on her...LOL

Yes, Tom Abbott is really annoying.  I have not seen any positive comments about him.  I can't stand how close he stands to people when he talks to them.  He is a close talker.

I finally realized what my issue is with Stephanie... It's her hair.  Her hair is gross.  Not sure what she is trying to do with that hair color, but it looks over processed, almost orange.  Like she colors it at home in a sink... If she simply got a new cut/color - she could be better looking.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also, it was good to see James could actually hit a decent flop shot.  With that saucer pass... He had me wondering.

And lastly, how is SQUATCH playing so well on this show?  He has been very solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I'm half joking when I say this... But have you ever been to Taiwan?  They have a thing called 'Stinky Tofu' that you can get at many of the traditional eateries and night markets.  Eating grass - from a golf course - would be healthier!!

I am a very adventurous eater but haven't tried it, actually had to look it up.

From Wiki.

Quote: Sanitation issues

Since the production methods for stinky tofu are unregulated and typically use secret recipes, very few producers willingly report their ingredients. Since the stinkiest tofu is considered the most prized, and normal fermentation can take up to 3 months, many unscrupulous producers add various unsanitary ingredients to their brines in order to artificially increase the tofu's odor quickly so it can be sold after only a few days. Documented methods used by Chinese street vendors to artificially enhance the odor of their stinky tofu include human feces and rotten pork juice in the brine and encouraging flies to lay live maggots in the liquid so that their digestive juices will help ferment the tofu more quickly.

Brutal

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I am a very adventurous eater but haven't tried it, actually had to look it up.

From Wiki.

I hate you. LOL Seriously, how disgusting is that!?!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I hate you. LOL Seriously, how disgusting is that!?!

LOL, yeah really bad. Like I said I'm an adventurous eater with an iron stomach. My brother's wife is Hmong and her family contributes some "exotic" dishes to family parties. Soup with deer skin and some unidentifiable stuff is one of my faves. But to my knowledge never had any stinky tofu. Gives legit meaning to the poo-poo platter.

Anyway not surprised Ray was eliminated, been erratic for two weeks. I am surprised some of the guys people were ragging on are still there. It seems those that keep their heads do well.

Dave :-)

Not if Chan is coaching him...

I'm shocked Anthony is still on the show.  I gotta believe he is next to leave.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

I wasn't a James fan once I saw that ridiculous chipping style. I was getting back on his side after the first couple challenges this week, and then came his train wreck at 180 yards in the rough. Even the position he was hitting from was a bad idea.

Had way more than enough of Brian.

Getting used to Chan's antics. Next week's show might change that.

Rick . . . Rick should just zip it.

Mark - no personality but he's an immunity  challenge machine.

Squatch - mountain of a man with hands of a surgeon. I'd love to see him tee it up once on Tour next year. Why not?!?

Anthony - getting better. Clutch. Like to see him in the final 4.

I can't stand how arrogant these guys are. They're under a ton of pressure, generally have one chance at a difficult shot, and if they hit something that isn't perfect they throw a fit. And they do it often enough that they should reexamine their expectations. That and the hosts reacting to a 12 foot putt that misses by four inches as if they guy hit the putt 10 feet past. "oh my! He never hit it high enough, never even gave it a chance! What a huge mistake!"

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

A) That guy host annoys the hell out of me. I dont know what it is. HE JUST REALLY BOTHERS ME!!!

B) Anybody try that saucer pass chip style yet? I play hockey also so I was thinking about trying it out as it might be kind of natural for me but I only tried it with a couple of range balls before I got annoyed and went back to actual practice. When he nailed that saucer in his first try of the last challenge I was pretty impressed.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

A) That guy host annoys the hell out of me. I dont know what it is. HE JUST REALLY BOTHERS ME!!!

B) Anybody try that saucer pass chip style yet? I play hockey also so I was thinking about trying it out as it might be kind of natural for me but I only tried it with a couple of range balls before I got annoyed and went back to actual practice. When he nailed that saucer in his first try of the last challenge I was pretty impressed.

I doinked around with the saucer pass for 2 or 3 tries.  Each were terrible.  So I went back to my normal chipping routine.  I really don't see how he thinks it is easy - or anyone could pick it up.  I think my hand eye coordination is above average... And it was far from natural or easy.

Quote:

I doinked around with the saucer pass for 2 or 3 tries.  Each were terrible.  So I went back to my normal chipping routine.  I really don't see how he thinks it is easy - or anyone could pick it up.  I think my hand eye coordination is above average... And it was far from natural or easy.

I think the possibility for error is too high and limited spin capabilities would make it not worth using.  I am sure that if someone practices anything enough, they can make it work though.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I think the possibility for error is too high and limited spin capabilities would make it not worth using.  I am sure that if someone practices anything enough, they can make it work though.

I dont know how much room for error there is. He uses the bounce of the club and it seems like it would pretty much eliminate fat or thin chips. There is something to catching the ball right but idk what that is. Im sure once you learned that shot it would be pretty controllable. seems like you can have a pretty consistent speed and back spin.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I dont know how much room for error there is. He uses the bounce of the club and it seems like it would pretty much eliminate fat or thin chips. There is something to catching the ball right but idk what that is. Im sure once you learned that shot it would be pretty controllable. seems like you can have a pretty consistent speed and back spin.

You should try it... I found that the club face almost went right under the ball... And the ball didn't go anywhere.  Like it would go 5ft.  Obviously I was doing something wrong?  But like I said, the shot wasn't very intuitive.  I only tried it 2 or 3 times though before I was like... "This is just silly.  Why am I even trying this?" LOL

I would think that the irregularities in the ground would cause trouble.  I guess if you're on a tightly cut, perfectly manicured fairway it might work.  But since you're dragging the club for, i don't know 12 inches?, on the ground, I could see something grabbing the club a bit and screwing it up.

Also, was the male host also doing the HSBC tournament in China this week?  At least three times, i think all on 18, I heard the announcer say something like "and this for eagle" when the player was in a bunker or chipping from the front of the green.  Its like manufactured drama, acting like every shot has a 50% chance of going in the hole and that anything short of miraculous is a huge mistake.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 4163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!