iacas

Numbers Thread

1,873 posts / 100034 viewsLast Reply

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Without finishing the thread - all my money is on both of the Women.  All day long every day.  I am now finishing the thread.   GREAT Thread by the way!! @Bump-n-MI
    • Thats good to know, hopefully they'll allow me to do the same. My "refitting" is tomorrow. The one thing i didnt like last time is we focused on overall yardage and roll out quite a bit. I think im going to ask if we can just focus on carry this time, i just want to be confident in my carry yardage...hoping for consistent 250 yd carry. Roll out i dont care as much anymore. I don't know, they're the experts.
    • I am taking a lesson tonight, scheduled it with the Teaching Pro at the Club my wife and i joined in June.  This lesson is going out on the course to work on course management.  i wanted to take this lesson to get my head screwed on straight while golfing and to see if i click correctly with this young man before taking more lessons. Let me back up for a second, let me get myself and anyone on here who may care caught up - no negative intended with that statement, ok. I am 57 1/2 years old.  Yump as you age the half years start to come back as in when you were 7 1/2 years old.  I have been playing golf for 50 years.  Let that sink in for a moment.  This is my 50th year of golf.  I still have the very first 7 iron and putter that my dad taught me to golf with.  In fact i have only owned 4 Putters my entire 50 years of golf and i still have all 4 Putters. My dad was the very best Golf Instructor i have ever been around - flat out.  For some reason our entire life i never doubted him and always knew when it came to Golf, he was The Man.  Many people that knew him would agree with this.  i no longer have him to talk to, that's the hard part of life.   In my 50 years of golf i have been a 7 year old just learning, to a nervous wreck in 7th Grade playing Varsity Golf (lot of older kids were ticked off that i beat them out) to taking the game way to serious in attempting to get to Scratch to well where i am today.  i have played under Par, would get upset for not breaking 80 - i just got out of control with the quest to scratch in my 20s.  I hated the game then.  So i quit for a couple years, not 100% i would play a couple times a year and just go thru a course and shot an 85.  This tore my dad apart, i regret that period of time and wish i was more mature then and handled it correctly.  i really miss not playing golf with my Dad when i could try and stay with him.  Those round were fun. Fast forward to 2017; my index got into the 7s i leveled out at 8.2/8.4 - i was happy with that.  Golf was easy in 2017, see ball hit ball watch ball go the majority of the time where it was intended to go.  Not always or i would have had a lower index - but still, it was simple. 2018 i am excitted to play, continue dropping my index hoping to get to a 1.4 to play once in a US Open Regional, it was a goal.  i played 3 times in South Carolina in the early spring and came home and promptly fractured my heal. i was done golfing until the Fall.  i got 2 rounds in that Fall and played really solid, good golf.  i was happy and excited for 2019 that the skill had not eroded from the long injury.  Total 5 rounds for 2018. 2019 i am really excitted to play golf.  Head out to South Carolina and get 4 rounds in, some early rough moments some really awesome moments.  i get back home and my right knee gets infected, septic bursitis.  i was devastated.  No golf until it healed and it wouldn't heal.  Lost the entire summer and played 2 rounds in the Fall, even though i probably should not have.  Somehow i scored very well, like i should not have scored like i did.  Something was off with my Driver but the course i was playing was very forgiving for wayward Drives. 6 total rounds in 2019. 2020 rolls around - our company is blowing the doors off of sales, i am chomping at the bit to golf.  i played 1 round in South Carolina around February.  i did not break 100, i had 43 putts.  i had forgotten my Driver at home and hit my 5 wood until i borrowed my friends Driver.  i missed so many 2' and 3' putts it was ridiculous.  Yet, i was still and 8.4 index.  i was a good Golfer that had a little early rust in the game or so i thought and conned myself. i am conning myself.  i no longer can putt, i am averaging 40 putts per round.  i am mortified at a 2' putt.  i miss 80+% of 2 & 3' Putts, that is not an exaggeration.  When 18 rolls around and if my putt is 2 feet away everyone tells me to pick it up that i have had enough.  i get the mercy rule putting, it is heartbreaking. i bought alignment sticks, they have really helped but still i wonder how to line up over a golf ball and aim. i have never been that person that runs out and buys new gear to fix my game, yet i bought a Driver, a 5 Wood, a 2 Utility Iron, and now all new irons.  i went nuts over PXG.  By the way, these are amazing clubs and without a doubt Trackman showed issues in head to head comparisons with my old clubs - more on that later. The PXG Driver: i have NEVER fit so many fairways in 1 round in my entire career as i have with this Driver. 12 of 13 Fairways and no crap distance lying of averaging 270.  My swing speed at multiple check points is running a solid 108 this year.  Yet hitting all those fairways, actually did it in 2 rounds resulted in an 86 with 4 water balls and a 95 with 40 putts. I have never been happier playing golf as i was this season, i am playing golf.  My right shoulder is hurt but still i am playing golf.   Yet, i am not even close to being the 13.4 index i have currently.  It is more like a 22.  I am not the 8.4 i thought i was.  i am a 22.  i have only broken 95 once this season.   So - i need a plan.  i am at a loss.  i don't know what to do.  i am not even good enough to play against a hacker, i would get my clocked cleaned.  At the our new Country Club, they are all so nice.  Lot's of guys invite me to golf with them and ask me play again with their group.  Really nice people, they have seen the couple scores i posted from 2019 and they wondering what is real and what isn't.  i know what is.  i am a train wreck on the course. So, that's my get it off the chest, full-fledged Golf Confession.   To really put a dagger in my pride, i haven't had 1 Birdie yet this season.  Not one!  i  usually would get a least 1 to 2 per 18 holes.  Not even close to getting one as well. Even though i am averaging 40 putts per round i am not getting a new Putter.  i found an issue, i had gone to a very strong grip with the putter.  Yesterday i "clapped" the putter and as my practice session went on i got more and more comfortable putting.  More on line, better lag putting, forearms tension free.  I finished the session by sinking a bunch of 2' & 3' putts.  i wouldn't leave until i had a strong continuous sequence of watching the ball fall into the cup. i really like this game, i wish my Dad was here to fix my issues
    • My PCP told my wife to stop looking at the internet for medical info a few years back. Smart advice.
    • Day 131 - played 18 today with a friend at his course. Drove the ball better but still had a few misses. Chipped two in and pitted well. Pulled a few iron shots.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Bob Bowers
      Bob Bowers
      (60 years old)
    2. Connor B
      Connor B
      (19 years old)
    3. GOLFNINJA
      GOLFNINJA
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...