IGNORED

Anyone else?

SloverUT
Note:Β This thread is 4192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by divot dave

what kind of job gives you two weeks off after every 4???? it might be time for a career change for me!

Oilfield workers are one. When I worked on rigs during summers, I used to work 3 on, 2 off.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I've never played alone, I always get paired with someone. That is sometimes good, but sometimes really bad! I think we all have stories about some of the "golfers" we have been teamed up with, I know I do.

I enjoy playing alone, but only if 1 HUGE condition is met!Β Β  If the course is wide-open, and I can fly through the course at warp speed unimpeded through 18 holes without waiting on anyone, yes....I can live with that! LOL

Otherwise, I always pair with another group. A golf course starter is not relevant....I have no problem with asking to join a group of less than 4 players. Β  If there is traffic on the course....I always pair up.Β  Playing alone on a course with traffic is pure misery, and I'd much rather enjoy the company of others.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I always play by myself when I'm on days off, on Y because not too may of my friends want to pay as much as me.but on Thursday and Saturday when there is a comp of some sort I love to play with a group, either 3 or 4, it's def more fun In a group only because of the sledging and banter after a hole ha ha, but it's usually aimed at me and how crappy I'm playing.

Β R11s driverΒ 

Β R11s 3 wood

Β Rescue 11 3 Β 18*

Β Rescue 11 4 Β 21*

Β MP-59 5-pw

Β ATV wedge 54* 60*

Β Metal-X 2 ball putter

Β 3.0 buggy

Β DX-3 ball

Β FLX glove

Β Shoes

Β Towel

Oakley antix sunglassesΒ 

solar umbrellaΒ 

Β 

Β 

Played my best rounds alone. For me it is easier to get into the zone alone :-)

I like playingΒ in a flight and I like and can stand the pressure of tournament-golf.Β But the best rounds are when I play alone.

Once played on my own the first 9 holes playing 3 strokes better than my HCP.Β  Joined on the back nine the flight before me. They had seen me play and they said 'you can play, we can learn'. Didn't make a single par anymore and lots of doubles.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love playing with good friends, but I can't really say the same for playing with strangers, though there have been notable exceptions.Β  Generally, however, people I end up joining with are either WAY too serious and intense or are managing to suck down two Buds a hole and three on the par fives.Β  (I'll take the latter, but by the back nine it usually starts getting too loud generally, and the trips to the bush take longer than the group in front.)Β  Heh... maybe if I played on higher class golf courses?

I'm an only child, and have been told that explains why I seem to be perfectly happy with my own company.Β  Maybe that's it, but I know I'm perfectly happy playing alone.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I tend to play a bit better when I play alone but I much prefer to play with others. I have two friends that could always be counted on to play at any time but they both had to take jobs that keep them out of town alot. Fortunately I have two sons in town that love to play. Nothing better for a dad than spending some time on the course with your boys.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I enjoy playing alone, but only if 1 HUGE condition is met!Β Β  If the course is wide-open, and I can fly through the course at warp speed unimpeded through 18 holes without waiting on anyone, yes....I can live with that! LOL

Otherwise, IΒ  always pair with another group. A golf course starter is not relevant....I have no problem with asking to join a group of less than 4 players. Β  If there is traffic on the course....I always pair up.Β  Playing alone on a course with traffic is pure misery, and I'd much rather enjoy the company of others.

We agree on something for a change. I prefer not to play alone at all, but sometimes there just isn't any other option - rare on the courses I play most often, but it happens. Β Unless there are only one or two groups in front of me and I know that I'll be able to play through them, I will always find a way to join with someone.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

We agree on something for a change. Β Β Β I prefer not to play alone at all, but sometimes there just isn't any other option - rare on the courses I play most often, but it happens. Β Unless there are only one or two groups in front of me and I know that I'll be able to play through them, I will always find a way to join with someone.

Really?Β  I agree with your comments on many golf topics. I'm actually a little surprised.......or maybe you are confusing me with somebody else?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Living around the corner from my local course makes it easy to just walk on (6th hole) and start playing solo.

TheΒ Course is always very quiet and generally i play only two or three holes over and over.(I am a Member)

Most morningsΒ i can tie the lead of my dog to my carry bag, hit the ball and walk the dog at the same time.

Solo is a great way of trying outΒ  different clubs and just enjoying the fresh air.

Having 6 or 7 puts per hole is a great way to practice, more enjoyable than the range.

I find that I play my best when by myself.Β Β Β  Still being relatively new to the game, if I am by myself, I don't worry so much about embarrassing myself by making a bad shot and consequently, I seem to make fewer of them (power of suggestion, I guess).Β Β  Nonetheless, I prefer playing with others, if for no other reason than the social aspect.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I usually like to have someone else along if I'm playing 18 holes, but I have no qualms with walking nine by myself, and half a round is frequently all I have time for. Sometimes I do a match-play deal against the "Bogey Man" (an imaginary player who bogeys every hole). He still wins the opening hole all too frequently, but I've been giving him some pretty good beat-downs as of late.

John

Quote:

We agree on something for a change. Β Β Β I prefer not to play alone at all, but sometimes there just isn't any other option - rare on the courses I play most often, but it happens. Β Unless there are only one or two groups in front of me and I know that I'll be able to play through them, I will always find a way to join with someone.

Really?Β  I agree with your comments on many golf topics. I'm actually a little surprised.......or maybe you are confusing me with somebody else?

He is so used to being disagreeable that he has forgot all the people he has had arguments with...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Quote:

Quote:

He is so used to being disagreeable that he has forgot all the people he has had arguments with...

Failing to agree is not being disagreeable. Β I'm just guessing that I don't always comment when I don't agree with Buckeye, or maybe I am just confused.

Some people seem to court retorts rather than replies because of the manner in which they express their opinions. Β Sometimes that gets my dander up, sort of like the way you chose to jump in here. Β Who is being disagreeable now?

Rick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Failing to agree is not being disagreeable. Β I'm just guessing that I don't always comment when I don't agree with Buckeye, or maybe I am just confused.

Some people seem to court retorts rather than replies because of the manner in which they express their opinions. Β Sometimes that gets my dander up, sort of like the way you chose to jump in here. Β Who is being disagreeable now?

You might be arguing with yourself at this point. It must be hell getting old....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You might be arguing with yourself at this point. It must be hell getting old....

I don't even know who's talking about who, or what, or why. Β  Must be time to get back on topic.

Rick

My all time lowest scoring rounds have been with friends, but I more often than not have a blow up day when I play with friends. I think I try too hard, to be honest. In general I find I am a more consistent golfer when I go to the course solo but get paired with strangers. It seems backwards, but it takes the pressure off and allows me to focus more.

Note:Β This thread is 4192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!