IGNORED

what is your go to shot from 100 yards in the fairway?

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol I still have a 1992 Wilson Harmonized Chrome PW that my father gave me. Not sure what the degree is, but it used to faithfully go out with high trajectory for me and die at 100-105 and fall from the sky as if it hit an invisible wall. I then used it for pitching around the green because the feel was amazing and I still have this club in my garage. The damn thing is 20 years old and looks great! I'll never get rid of it, I had my first chip and first birdie (which was a chip) with it as well.

Same here.  I have no idea of the loft, it may or may not say on it but I'm almost positive it doesn't.  I hit it very high as well with zero roll.  I love this club...

A 3/4 to full PW depending on what I'm feeling, though a full PW was slightly long from what I remember when I last hit a 100-yard fairway shot.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Not sure how people are hitting their 56's a 100 yds!? That's impressive. I'm having a hard time hitting my 52 at 100 yds. Seems everytime I take a full swing I'm just launching it high up in the air. Can't seem to get more than 80ish yds with it lately......

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

Not sure how people are hitting their 56's a 100 yds!? That's impressive. I'm having a hard time hitting my 52 at 100 yds. Seems everytime I take a full swing I'm just launching it high up in the air. Can't seem to get more than 80ish yds with it lately......

You might have the ball too far forward or the face too open. Don't know for sure. I did find out that I was putting the ball to far back in my stance which was delofting the club which increased the distance apparently. I may need to re-evaluate my go to clubs for all distances due to changing my ball placement.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Might also be cutting across it from the outside. Do your divots look ok?

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

With a 56, I'm very disappointed if I'm not within 10 feet from 100 out. Finding that yardage from the previous stroke can be the difference from a par or bogey.

Originally Posted by David in FL

If I did that, I screwed up the lay up because it's a really cruddy yardage for me. Right between a sand wedge and my 51* gap wedge.

I'm gonna choke down on a gap wedge and hit it full.

This

Saturday, swing faster. I move the ball forward with my 56 to keep it under100. I don't ever try to hit it further, those are mistakes..

It's what I've been doin lately and it's working

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• 3 weeks later...
'A' wedge. I guess that's short for approach wedge. Maybe it's considered a gap wedge. No idea. But full swing, I hit it almost exactly 100 yards. A dialed back PW gives me mixed results.

I normally hit my GW 100 metres, and 100 yards is what, 90 metres? So depending on the level of spin required, I'll either hit an easy GW (for a pitch that runs out), or a hard SW for it to drop and stop.

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

• 8 months later...

100 yards = 91 meters > That is perfect GW (52) for me. On full shots I draw my wedges quite a lot - so I'll play it as far right to left as possible.

If the pin is on the far right of the green or if the lie on the fairway is uneven, especially with ball below feet, I'd rather run a 3/4 8 iron, landing it short and let it release on the line of the slope of the green. I had too many bad misses on the right when I hit full wedge and it suddenly is not drawing.

Great thread - this is a crucial distance for medium distance hitters, especially on par 5's! That is often what I have for the third shot on par 5's. If I screw it up, it will be a 6. Or worse, of course, as it goes in golf.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

Note: This thread is 2922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!