Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valleygolfer

Golfed yesterday in the cold and rain.....

15 posts in this topic

So my partner and I went to a course in Portland yesterday. It was raining fairly steady when we started and just about 40° F. We opted for a cart to get some rain relief. The rain stopped about 3-4 holes in and it stayed a dreary 42° F the rest of the round. At the 18th hole, I slice it badly into a hazard area which is usually a fairly dense thicket of various plants with thorns. I got in there and managed to find my ball, hit it approximately 30 yards back into the fairway and pick up 30+ golf balls between the two of us that were just laying right out in the open. We were absolutely the only people on the track (no one else was nuts enough to play) so all were abandoned. We probably found 18 prov1's between us. I found 10 nearly new prov's plus 5 other tour quality balls...  I paid $35 for green fees and cart so did I come out even?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I would say yes! Lol why is it that the provs always get so dingy looking so quickly?

Ah the poll didn't show.... what a pita. Sad thing is that I picked all of these up in about 2 minutes. They were just laying everywhere.

Wow I'm jealous!  The courses I frequent these days are pretty blue collar, so I only ever find top flights :(

I used to do tree work at some private courses in New England and it was ridiculous.  Walk five feet into the woods and you'd find prov's left and right.

Cool find.  I played yesterday in MA but didn't find any balls.  I usually find a few per round.

I would have preferred playing Sunday but traded days with my ex for my daughter. I was pretty miserable the first 4 holes. The rest of the time was cold but at least dry.

I go with my friend at the end of month for golf and spend lot of great time with there. We played for 3-4 hours, when play golf with conditionally, loosing team give a treat at night party. By this we take a break from our daily working routine activities.

Not bad for a rainy day of golf.  On my home course you'd never find that many Pro V's across 18 holes.  We have a number of older (but very wealthy) members who like to walk and hunt for golf balls during the off peak hours.  They only take the good balls and leave the cheap ones.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Not bad for a rainy day of golf.  On my home course you'd never find that many Pro V's across 18 holes.  We have a number of older (but very wealthy) members who like to walk and hunt for golf balls during the off peak hours.  They only take the good balls and leave the cheap ones.

This was pretty thick stuff in the summer and the thorns were rampant. Going in wearing shorts would not be an option. I probably could have spent an hour in there and came out with a couple of 5 gallon buckets full.

me and the family will be making a trip to NY long island for the holidays to visit MIL and family. i have been checking out the weather report on weather .com looks a little cool for the 22nd and 23rd but who cares found a couple of courses close to the her house and talked to the course and they said "we wont close unless there is snow on the course". looks like a couple of rounds will be played next week end with some cool weather gear in hand, any peeps up there want to get together give me a shout.

Originally Posted by Hasiron

I go with my friend at the end of month for golf and spend lot of great time with there. We played for 3-4 hours, when play golf with conditionally, loosing team give a treat at night party. By this we take a break from our daily working routine activities.

Which sort of activity we need to perform at holidays. Last few months, i was on tour with friends we played golf tournament in which local people are also involve.

I went out to a resort course yesterday and played as a single, Play was so slow that I kept catching people and leaving people behind. I went into an area where I hit into a hazard and found more than 40 balls that were nearly brand new... A ton of Top Flite V2s lol... Any one want to buy some haha! I couldn't take a step with picking up a golfball.

Golfed 4 straight days, covering two States (CA, NV).   Lost dozen balls but I wasn't counting.

Saw an old man with dog looking for lost golf balls in ravine.  I wonder if a dog can be trained to retrieve lost golf balls.

Wow I'm jealous!  The courses I frequent these days are pretty blue collar, so I only ever find top flights :(

I used to do tree work at some private courses in New England and it was ridiculous.  Walk five feet into the woods and you'd find prov's left and right.

That's how I roll.