IGNORED

Hi, please read need motivation

bambam2484
Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, I am currently attending Palomar college in southern california. I am around a 7-8 handicap in regular day and a bit higher in tournaments. I am going to get a membership at the local golf course beginning in January. Although I am going to be going to classes full time (12 credits) next semester I am going to dedicate as much time as possible to golf. I am going to be transferring only after the spring semester of 2014 so I have 1.5 years before that. My goal is to be a +5 at the end of December 31,2013 and I am confident in my work ethic and motivation to reach this with the correct amount of practicing on the right things and being meticulous on improving my golf swing and short game and self-analyzing everyday to fix my leaks and holes. I will have a monthly update beginning February 1,2013 that is if we all survive the impending December 21,2012 lol. Hope you guys enjoy the blog.

Welcome to the site!  Good luck improving your game, going from a 7 to a plus 5 in one year is a huuuuuuuuge undertaking.  Make sure to make achievable "baby step" goals.

If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome! I look forward to following your progress.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I had many things in my personal life go on for me not be able to do anything golf related in a long time. I believe now is finally the time for me to give it my pipe dream shot. I will keep a weekly log (won't be too long not more than a few sentences) detailing my practice, playing, and anything golf related. I have gotten a bit worse since my posting over a year ago I am probably a 12-13 handicap in playing for fun and I likely couldn't break 90 in a golf tournament if I had to play one today under any kind of pressure. I am giving myself 365 days from today to reach a +5 in 1 year and be the number 1 golfer in the world in 3 years. I am going to have a lot of time to dedicate to improving my game for the next year. I understand people will say this is beyond any reasonable doubt going to be a complete failure and it is physically impossible to do this. To be clear this is not a troll of any kind. I believe I am very different than anyone else in terms of my mental capacity and intelligence to reach great heights. I will update my blog every 7 days entailing my highs and lows of practice/play or anything golf related. It's go time.

Good luck! But please realize that dropping from a 7 to anything on the + side is a massive undertaking. Dropping from 7 to scratch is more difficult than dropping from 24 to 7, in my opinion. At the very low side of the handicap spectrum, progress is very difficult. As a younger player I played for years on a 6 - and I was a strong 6 who could usually manage a good 36-38 points in a Stableford competition setup. But even with the utmost dedication, I only fell to a 4 for very short periods and then go back up to 6 - I simply was not good enough to get it down lower than 4 - which means consistently breaking 75.

I am telling you this not to demotivate you, but to remind you to be realistic. It is a noble road that you choose to walk, but it will come with a prize. Again, good luck!

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

Hey Buke thank you for taking your time to post. Yes I understand the difficulty of what it takes to get better at this game. I have to do something that if I would have to imagine less than 5 or 10 people may have ever done in history cutting their handicap to a +5 from anything over a 2 or a 3 in a years time. So to say this is going to be difficult for the average guy trying to do this would be an understatement. I do feel as if I am special from a mental standpoint not necessarily from a talent standpoint as I have never been very talented but. I have already started making implementations in my daily life to begin to reach this goal in 361 or so days time. I believe if I can work smarter and harder than anyone has worked at golf I truly believe it can happen. I don't see myself getting flustered through the first month or so practice as it is going to be a tough grind especially mentally to get past the ridiiculous amount of flaws I have in my swing and short game and really grind on fixing the major flaws. I would say the first three month of hard work is going to be the most difficult but it should be smooth sailiing the last 8.5-9 months of my grind. I am excited for this though. Especially going from below mediocre to mediocre to good to great it is just a step by step process one step at a time. Will keep the blog updated. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Sign me up for the ride.. Good luck, but can you start telling us what kind of coaching are you going to get and what is the next intermediate goal an how do you plan on getting there? Also, more importantly what is the key piece of your swing you will be working on? Please if you can start a my swing thread as well so that we can see your swing. Good luck again.. You should check out the Kyle Anthony thread!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Why don't you aim to play off single figures in 12 months? That is perhaps achievable.

Your "goal" is ridiculous and you will not achieve it. Your mission is absurd.

Intelligence, mental capacity drive and motivation are not relevant to this idiotic pursuit of the unattainable.You may as well say you want to fly to the moon because you really think you can do it and are clever to boot.

Have some respect for the game and yourself.

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Sign me up for the ride..

Good luck, but can you start telling us what kind of coaching are you going to get and what is the next intermediate goal an how do you plan on getting there?

Also, more importantly what is the key piece of your swing you will be working on? Please if you can start a my swing thread as well so that we can see your swing.

Good luck again.. You should check out the Kyle Anthony thread!

And this one......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There's no ride to sign up for.

We have  a player who currently can't break 80.

In a year (less now) he will play off +5.

In three years he will be world number 1.

Better than Spieth, Scott, Woods, DJ, Bubba etc. etc.

I am giving myself 365 days from today to reach a +5 in 1 year and be the number 1 golfer in the world in 3 years.

And........he is asking for motivation. :roll:

I suppose it is just a joke to rile me specifically. :pound:

Man I just laughed pretty hard at shorty post! There is so much I can say about this project but I just didn't and still don't want to waste my time...

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Just another goofball that thinks he's more exceptional than the other 7 billion individuals who live here, or probably more likely a wise guy who likes to randomly post in forums ridiculous BS and see how riled up he can make people get, my guess is the latter. I usually refrain from posting in these jokes but I'll make this one exception, I mean Kyle was ridiculous enough but this guy is beyond delusional if at all serious.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I think he needs to flare his feet out...

Hey that's my line! ;-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

A blog from the future:

Great week for me.

Down to 7 in the world.

Should get past Rory and Luke within the next week or two if I can work on my putting a little.

I know I said 3 years to get to number 1, but hey, if it takes 3 years and a month I'll call my plan a success.

The first month was the hardest, like I said, but once I broke into the world's top 25 it was pretty easy.

A win in the British and PGA might just get me past Spieth!

At least I'm now past Tiger, DJ, and Adam Scott. Seems like only a month ago (oh..it was) that I was excited about getting a higher ranking tha Bubba! LOL

Wish me luck guys.

Thanks for the support.

It's really just a question of believing in yourself and wanting something bad enough. Guess I'm just a persistent type!

Oh yeah - bunker play must have cost me a couple of spots. Must work on my sand game unless I want to get stuck in the top 5. LOL.

[QUOTE name="BENtSwing32" url="/t/63658/hi-please-read-need-motivation#post_991000"]   I think he needs to flare his feet out... [/QUOTE] Hey that's my line! ;-)

Maybe its the last thing holding him back...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Sometimes people need a pat on the back or a kick in the butt for motivation, and sometimes they need a slap in the face to wake them up to reality. A guy told me last year he "honestly" thought he "could be as good as the guys on Tour" if he "quit his job and practiced full time." Now this guy doesn't have an athletic bone in his body and can't even come close to beating me (and I suck). He didn't say anything else when I said "Well I guarantee you that I couldn't be as good as the worst one of them no matter how much I practiced."

Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!