IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

As far as attendees go heres what I have for an updated list:

1. iacas

2. mvmac

3. tristanhilton85 (+1)

4. Golfingdad

5. beachcomber

6. hacker101 (+1)

7. Pakoh

8. Lihu (+1)

9. jefkve

10. justapitin

11. Mr. Desmond

12. Big C

That is 15 players with haker101's, Lihu's, and my plus one. Beach said that he's likely to bring two but hasn't confirmed so that would put us at 17 (Beach, let us know where you are with this). Right now we are confirmed for 16 so we may have to add another tee time.

As far as teams, maybe like we did last time. I'm sure most will want to play with their "guests" so I guess that we could start the teams like that and then fill in the rest. Plus, while everybody on the list here has "confirmed" we don't have to pay until the day of so somebody might flake out.

Others have said at various times that they are interested but have not confirmed so for now I'm leaving them off this list.

I happen to have inside info on Beach's two friends and they are confirmed.  (One is already on here by the way ... as "Golfswine")  So that puts us at 17, give or take.  And I also assume that most bringing +1's will probably want to play with them.  (Not Beach's friends though ... they don't like playing with "four-putters" )  Especially those bringing their kids.  If they're near the same age, maybe it'd be a good idea to put the kids in the same group too?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Players that were at Milesquare that aren't on the list... Jim Dangles and MDL.  I'm not sure if I'm missing anyone else?  But those two guys seemed like good dudes.  Hopefully they can join us too?

Tristan and Mike have both tried to contact them with no luck I believe. :(  They were good dudes!  And Jim helped us win!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I happen to have inside info on Beach's two friends and they are confirmed.  (One is already on here by the way ... as "Golfswine")  So that puts us at 17, give or take.  And I also assume that most bringing +1's will probably want to play with them.  (Not Beach's friends though ... they don't like playing with "four-putters" )  Especially those bringing their kids.  If they're near the same age, maybe it'd be a good idea to put the kids in the same group too?

Agreed with the pairings of kids/parents.  Would be a good way for members of TST to get to know one another and have something in common.

Regarding the groups... I don't care where I'm placed...  As long as I'm placed on the best team, with the most experienced and battle tested golfers so that they can carry my broke ass around the course. So that eliminates like 16 of those guys on the list.  I guess I'm playing as a single?? LOL

Tristan and Mike have both tried to contact them with no luck I believe. :(  They were good dudes!  And Jim helped us win!!!!!!

Sometimes you need to threaten people to get them to respond.  Let me try...

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Agreed with the pairings of kids/parents.  Would be a good way for members of TST to get to know one another and have something in common.

Regarding the groups... I don't care where I'm placed...  As long as I'm placed on the best team, with the most experienced and battle tested golfers so that they can carry my broke ass around the course. So that eliminates like 16 of those guys on the list.  I guess I'm playing as a single?? LOL

That's correct!  You are so bad that not even Tiger Woods is good enough to help you!

Now, go order yourself some Monica & Chandler champagne and pre-drown your sorrows from getting your butt kicked in April!

Now, go order yourself some Monica & Chandler champagne and pre-drown your sorrows from getting your butt kicked in April!

LOL... SNL was hilarious this weekend.  Funny as hell!

• Administrator

Should we start trying to work out the teams for this thing now so there's no confusion that day, or should we wait a little bit until the roster becomes more finalized?

Mike and I will be doing this. Don't worry anyone. I'll do it in late March.

One group is:

1) Mike

2) Erik

3) ???

4) ???

I'm not going to "even out" the handicaps. I may even have the four highest handicaps play together because, if they want, they could play from a set of tees one forward or something. It will be fair - and the 80% will work out well, because high handicappers have an advantage in stableford unless you do this 80% thing.

Tristan, if you could, start putting handicaps and actual names and maybe even relationships in your lists of attendees. No more "+1" because that makes it tough to figure out the groups, relationships, etc. Maybe use the table functionality:

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

1. iacas

2. mvmac

3. tristanhilton85 (+1)

4. Golfingdad

5. beachcomber

6. hacker101 (+1)

7. Pakoh

8. Lihu (+1)

9. jefkve

10. justapitin

11. Mr. Desmond

12. Big C

Basically, fill this out, and leave the last column blank for now. I'll do that. Add rows as necessary.

Username Name Index "Guests" Grouping
1. iacas Erik 0 -
2. mvmac Mike 0 -

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

i have the cell phone numbers for MDL and Jim (got them after the Mile square outing)...  if they havent been logged on the site i could send them a text and see whats up with them.

hey guys sorry I havent responded or been active in a while. With the weather I have only been golfing weekends. Hopefully soon here I can start golfing after work again and find my game again. I have alot going on for the rest of march and i know I have one weekend booked in april. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it. I may also bring a friend. When are you guys closing the list?

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Just to keep everyone up to date

List of attendees for 5SK School (with pitching), one more spot left

Golfingdad

Golgingdad Guest #1

Golingdad Guest #2

Tristan

Mr. Desmond

Spent the morning calling and sending more emails to places around the Riverside/Beaumont area for AimPoint.  Nothing firmed up yet but here are guys that are interested

Tristan

Tristan Guest

Pakoh

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Golfingdad

Golgingdad Guest #1

Golingdad Guest #2

Tristan

Mr. Desmond

Spent the morning calling and sending more emails to places around the Riverside/Beaumont area for AimPoint.  Nothing firmed up yet but here are guys that are interested

Tristan

Tristan Guest

Pakoh

I'll be in Palm Springs on the 7th and would be interested in attending the AimPoint clinic if my scheduler (wife) doesnt have me signed up for somthing else that afternoon.

Greg

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

hey guys sorry I havent responded or been active in a while. With the weather I have only been golfing weekends. Hopefully soon here I can start golfing after work again and find my game again. I have alot going on for the rest of march and i know I have one weekend booked in april. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it. I may also bring a friend. When are you guys closing the list?

Jim's back!!  Good to see you active again. Hopefully we'll catch you on the 7th!

Originally Posted by GregZ

I'll be in Palm Springs on the 7th and would be interested in attending the AimPoint clinic if my scheduler (wife) doesnt have me signed up for somthing else that afternoon.

Greg

Come for the golf too if the scheduler allows it!  We're gonna have a blast!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Golfingdad

Golgingdad Guest #1

Golingdad Guest #2

Tristan

Mr. Desmond

Tristan

Tristan Guest

Pakoh

Add me to the Aim Point Class, too.

We're going full throttle...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

He lives!  Dude, I saw your twin brother Gracey, tearing it up on the Euro tour!

Nice!

Now... Where is MDL?!?!

AHHHH it would be the 7th. My Gf's nephew is being baptized that day. Its a must attend for me. Sorry guys and Ill hope for better luck with the next outing. Lets keep doing these. I had a blast at the first one and hope to attend more.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Add me to the Aim Point Class, too.

We're going full throttle...

Originally Posted by GregZ

Greg

Sounds good Greg, I'll PM you the prices

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 4032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!