IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It doesn't really matter. Play what you like. I play almost all Nike, because I'm a cheap ass and buy stuff when it's on sale.

But really, who cares.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but I do play Bridgestone golf balls exclusively.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I am starting to get a lot of one brand but not by design. I won a set of irons of my choice so I picked out the Nike VR Splits. I sold my R7s since I thought I didn't need them. Well I realized how much I missed them so I just got another set on the bay. I just got a TM 4 wood and I hit a TM R9 driver that just went down in price so I guess I will be getting that too.

I don't like seeing the posers who are all decked out in one brand with the staff bag to boot. But it is justice to see them duff their tee shots with their $400 driver.

In my Sasquatch stand bag
Driver: G5 10.5*
Fairway wood: R9 4 wood
Irons: R7 3-PW OR Firesole 3-PW
Wedges: VR 52-10 56-14 & 260-4Putter: TraceyShoe: Powerband 3.0

Why would that be "kind of nice"? I personally think that's "kind of lame", but mostly when it's accompanied by matching logo bag and clothing. To each their own.

Whenever we see someone with excessive logos we usually call them on being over the "three logo limit". I don't know too many that are brand exclusive unless they are on staff (ie club pro with an equipment deal).

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I have some friends who want all their gear to be from the same company, or they will take pride in saying that they play Taylormade/Nike/etc.

I like my wedges to match my irons. Other than that, the only brand issue I have is I will not wear a, for example, Nike hat if I don't use any of their products. I kind of have a brand loyalty towards Snake Eyes though, mainly because they make a great product for half the price..

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Kind of a vicious cycle for me. I ended up with a lot of Taylormade gear just because I chose to get a set of irons from then and got the $100 TM bucks. When I needed a new driver, the R9 460 being $100 cheaper than the competition kinda made my decision for me.

I like my wedges to match my irons. Other than that, the only brand issue I have is I will not wear a, for example, Nike hat if I don't use any of their products. I kind of have a brand loyalty towards Snake Eyes though, mainly because they make a great product for half the price..

I wear Nike shirt with Adidas shorts, Adidas shoes, and a Titleist hat.. with Callaway ball marker hat clip...

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

All my stuff is Titleist except for the driver and hybrids, but I never really thought of it. I tried lots of different irons and 3W's before I shelled out the dough. If you look at my Nike bag you see a hodge podge though because my 3W has a cleveland headcover, and my 3h has a 3dx cover. My bag is probably one of the ugliest on the course becasue of all the mismatched headcovers and clashing colors.

I have ended up with a lot of Callaway gear just over the past two years.

I was originally attracted to the Callaway Hyper-X Tour driver and X Tour woods from their technical write-ups. Had a driver fitting with five other types of drivers, including Cleveland and Ping, and Callaway won out.

Ping I10s were early leader for new irons, again because of technical write-ups, but dropped out because of low feel. I then tested different Titleist and Callaway models, and X20s ended up in my bag.

Will probably end up with a TM Raylor to replace 5W, a couple of more CG14 wedges, and keep my Ping putter.

I guess I'm partial to Sun Mountain bags because of my independent streak.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It used to matter to me, and my brand of choice was Ping. Then I came to the realization in the mid 90s that they were behind the curve when it came to drivers and woods so I went with another brand (Titleist). Ping now makes some of the best drivers on the market but for me it's hard to justify spending the money when my Callaway Diablo works just as well for half the money. Now I go with what works best for me, which is coincidentally why I switched to a Ping putter after years with Scotty Camerons and Bettinardis.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I like Mizuno products, so I play their irons, carry their bag, us the glove and mock inner wear.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I bought some used Nike irons and then ended up with the Nike SQ 460 driver thrown in for $40 more so I guess Im reppin nike a bit. My putter is a Rife though and my wedges are Mizunos. My woods are some off brand that I got for free. I do have a friend, however, that only wears and plays Nike/Tiger Woods stuff. If he can afford it. Whenever he buys a new club, shirt, hat, ball, its whatever Tiger uses. Everything in his bag that isn't a Tiger is a hand me down from his dad.

My Rife came in yesterday and he was putting with it and he said he loves the roll, I told him that they have a model similar to the SC he has. He said no way nothing compares to a SC. I said yeah I think some putters do compare and he simply said "no, why you think Tiger uses a Scotty." I think he is an example of what you're talking about.

Well, I guess I'm a Nike guy. I'm not opposed to other brands, but when you live less than 5 miles from Nike's world headquarters and have a TON of friends/buddies that work there, you tend to end up with a lot of Nike "stuff." Plus, the majority of golf tourney's in my area give out a ton of free Nike goods and prizes. Either way, I would be more than happy to try other brands more often if they were given out or discounted 50% - 75%.

That being said, I would be more than happy to sport another set of Cleveland, Bridgestone, Mizuno or Staff's down the road once my Nike Blades get retired.

My .02

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

For wedges, I want Clevelands.

For everything else whatever top brand works best.

R7 CGB Max Driver 10.5*
Big Bertha Diablo FW 18*
Burner Plus Irons 4-PW, SW
X Tour Forged 50*
60* VP109 Putter

I'm on my second set of Titleist irons. Prior to that I had two sets of Ping irons, which had replaced a set of Hogan Edges. Prior to those I had a set of Wilson Ultra 45s that were stolen, which had replaced an old set of MacGregor blades.
Prior to the TaylorMade driver I'm playing with, I had a Titleist. Before that was Callaway, which had replaced a TaylorMade.
I pretty much will play any brand if it works.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

The accusation of brand loyalty is one of the few hangups I have in getting a set of VR irons soon, as it would make every club except the putter a Nike at that point (as I plan to replace my wedges to match my next set of irons -- 30 months with one set of wedges is too long). For better or worse, I haven't found a Nike putter that I like, and I'll keep the LW, so it'll "only" be 12/14. I don't plan to switch to Nike balls unless I find one that outperforms the Bridgestone.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I'm loyal to the brands that I almost always seem to buy a club that I hit well from. For me I guess that's Taylor Made for woods and drivers even though my current driver is a Callaway. But I've never been a big fan of the look of Taylor Made irons, I would be hard pressed to consider them. If I pick up a club and look at what it looks like at address before I hit it and I don't like it and it makes me say "I don't like this I don't think I could hit it" I usually don't give it a chance. Confidence means a lot to me, you can't play well if you're standing over the golf ball with no confidence in hitting a good shot.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I guess I am loyal to Callaway Woods. I seem to feel more confident with them. Granted I haven't really tried anything except for a couple of Nike drivers and a Taylor Made 3 wood. I had a Biggest Big Bertha driver and I loved, so when it was time upgrade I went with Callaway. I am up for grabs on everything else equipment wise...irons, wedges etc...This is my 2nd set of irons from a K-Mart special and I have never had a sand wedge before the one in my sig. What a noob right...

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!