Sign in to follow this  
Arsenal Forever

Brand Loyalty

228 posts / 42024 viewsLast Reply

I've used Callaway products through my whole golf career. I've never had a bad club from them, so I tend to give them a look first when I'm looking for something new.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I like Mizuno. They have always worked very well for me I used to be a diehard Titleist player, but I kept hearing all this talk about Mizunos, gave them a shot and it wasnt long before my bag switched over from being all Titleist to being all Mizuno. Infact, Id still be playing a Mizuno driver if I hadnt gotten my R9 for free and if the Mizuno hadnt been a 12* (which was just too much loft for me).
Id probably be playing Mizuno golfballs too if it werent so expensive to have them shipped here from Japan. Until Mizuno starts offering their golfballs here in the states, I'll play Bridgestone or Srixons.

I've never been muc for Titleist's irons, but they're woods are amazing. Downright amazing, along with their golf balls. I really like my Nike blades, but they haven't put out many other decent sets of irons than the new VR's. Cleveland makes nice wedges, and I'm in love with Rife and Scotty Cameron putters.

I think I'm pretty well spread out in my brands.

I've recently switched over to mostly Snake Eyes equipent and couldn't be happier. The irons I have are very easy on the eyes and are also the best I've played. I'm very happy with their wedges as well, they are better than the Callaway X-forged that I had. I don't think I will play another putter again that doesn't say Rife.

one brand i dont think i will EVER play - Cobra

actually, im pretty sure that titleist and cobra are both made by acushnet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ping clubs seem to fit my game best right now, but I've also gotten along well with a few Callaway, Nike, and Mizuno sticks I've tried. I'm about to start wedge shopping, and I'm going to be looking at everything to find the ones I identify with, regardless of the brand name.

oh i know that...i just dont like the esthetics of Cobra, thats all

I might have written this before, but when Azinger recently found himself without a club contract he said it was fantastic. He had clubs from six different manufacturers and said that for the first time in years he liked all of the clubs in his bag.
The idea of someone (in other words 99.999% of golfers) who has to pay for clubs (as well as the advertising for them and the contracts of high profile players) being "brand loyal" is ludicrous. It is highly unlikely that clubs in all categories from one manufacturer will be right for you, but we still read posts where people excitedly boast of their "All Brand X" setup, as if that implies something positive other than slavish and mindless aping of pros on TV who, in fact, rarely have a one brand bag.

yep, and Acushnet is owned by Fortune Brands that owns Scotty Cameron, Pinnacle, and FootJoy.

I like Titleist irons & wedges, Callways drivers/woods, and Noodle "Softest" golf balls.

I am extremely brand loyal. Has nothing to do with "apperances" or trying to be a snob with a particular brand....I just simply find something I like and stick with it. For me it's a comfort thing. And comfort means confidence.

I'm like that with a lot of things I'm passionate about - instruments, fishing gear, etc... If a brand has always done right by me, I stick with it.

oh i know that...i just dont like the esthetics of Cobra, thats all

Taste is personal, but their Pro MB irons look great.

I have fallen in love with nickent. I don't know why. After I bought my first set of wedges from them, I have been continuously blown away by their products. Every club I have in my bag under their name is a highlight club. I'm even considering my next driver under their brand because I love how the fairwood feels and plays. I wasn't planning on being completely loyal but I just keep getting blown away by their products and may end up with 13 nickent clubs in my bag.

Love my Mizuno's, so I'd guess it's my favorite, but I don't have any other Mizzy equipment. I use whichever is most recommended and I like the most. So far, Titleist is the most represented brand in my bag, but I'd get a TP wood or Nike wedges if they worked for me.

I am concerned about quality and looks, but nothing brand specific, whatever looks good and works is what I get.

To the OP: you must've never hit anything Titleist. My irons are saweet, and my putter is money.

And to answer your question. No I'm not "brand loyal". I play anything that I like.