• Announcements

    • iacas

      GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

      Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tailgater

Ratings of Big Break Atlantis and Big Break Greenbrier

20 posts in this topic

I watched every episode of Big Break Atlantis, but I didn't watch a second of Big Break Greenbrier. I have to think that I wasn't alone in this approach. Has anyone seen the ratings of Atlantis in comparison to Greenbrier? I ask because I want the next Big Break to be all hot women again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by Tailgater

I watched every episode of Big Break Atlantis, but I didn't watch a second of Big Break Greenbrier. I have to think that I wasn't alone in this approach. Has anyone seen the ratings of Atlantis in comparison to Greenbrier? I ask because I want the next Big Break to be all hot women again.

shallow...but true! i have no interest in watching marginally talented men (based on the big world of golf) play a staged semi golf event... however if you add in semi to very hot women with limited skills - you have a potential for great ratings!

little update for the producers of BB women don't watch your show regardless of who you have on it - sell to the audience!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I would agree with both of you - if the golf is mediocre and equivalent, give me the attractive women please - , however in this case I do not.  The reason is pretty simple:

Neither of them were playing "marginally" good golf.  From the episodes I watched, the women (except for one of them, I think) were just plain bad.

On the other hand, I watched all of Greenbrier, and for the most part, these guys were really good.  The finale was phenomenal.  Pretty sure those guys shot 67 and 68 or 66 and 67 on the PGA tour set up Greenbrier course.  That was fun to watch.  And really, the next 2 or 3 guys on the show were also really good golfers.

So if my choices are decent golf played by cute girls or good golf played by men, I'll go with the men.  (And I think since the PGA tour ratings are a million percent of the LPGA ratings, most others would agree with me as well)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Tailgater

I watched every episode of Big Break Atlantis, but I didn't watch a second of Big Break Greenbrier. I have to think that I wasn't alone in this approach. Has anyone seen the ratings of Atlantis in comparison to Greenbrier? I ask because I want the next Big Break to be all hot women again.

You missed out on some great golf. Greenbrier was excellent golf and a lot of those guys could really play which as Golfingdad pointed out was evident in the final match and their resumes (U.S. Open participation, NCAA Division 1 all around champion etc.) .

I tried to watch Big Break Atlantis but it was quite obvious that some of the contestants were chosen for reasons other than their golf skills. Maybe I am in the minority but I watch the golf channel to see great golf, I really do not care what the contestants look like.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

So if my choices are decent golf played by cute girls or good golf played by men, I'll go with the men.  (And I think since the PGA tour ratings are a million percent of the LPGA ratings, most others would agree with me as well)

You make a decent case. However, your use of the PGA's and LPGA's ratings is flawed because the ladies of the LPGA don't look or dress like the ladies of Big Break Atlantis. The LPGA has four lookers: Gulbis, Creamer, Ai Miyazato (She wears the socks to her knees), and Kristie Kerr. If the ladies of the LPGA looked like the Big Break girls, the ratings wouldn't be what they are.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Normally I would agree with both of you - if the golf is mediocre and equivalent, give me the attractive women please - , however in this case I do not.  The reason is pretty simple:

Neither of them were playing "marginally" good golf.  From the episodes I watched, the women (except for one of them, I think) were just plain bad.

On the other hand, I watched all of Greenbrier, and for the most part, these guys were really good.  The finale was phenomenal.  Pretty sure those guys shot 67 and 68 or 66 and 67 on the PGA tour set up Greenbrier course.  That was fun to watch.  And really, the next 2 or 3 guys on the show were also really good golfers.

So if my choices are decent golf played by cute girls or good golf played by men, I'll go with the men.  (And I think since the PGA tour ratings are a million percent of the LPGA ratings, most others would agree with me as well)

This.  A million times over.

If I want to watch some hot chicks... I can turn to just about any Bravo, E or other trashy station.  Or better yet, use the Internetz .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Tailgater

You make a decent case. However, your use of the PGA's and LPGA's ratings is flawed because the ladies of the LPGA don't look or dress like the ladies of Big Break Atlantis. The LPGA has four lookers: Gulbis, Creamer, Ai Miyazato (She wears the socks to her knees), and Kristie Kerr. If the ladies of the LPGA looked like the Big Break girls, the ratings wouldn't be what they are.

You are probably right and that is a sad commentary on how much image is still an important determinant of success for women in our current society.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Tailgater

You make a decent case. However, your use of the PGA's and LPGA's ratings is flawed because the ladies of the LPGA don't look or dress like the ladies of Big Break Atlantis. The LPGA has four lookers: Gulbis, Creamer, Ai Miyazato (She wears the socks to her knees), and Kristie Kerr. If the ladies of the LPGA looked like the Big Break girls, the ratings wouldn't be what they are.

Azahara Munoz, Lexi Thompson, Sandra Gal, I.K. Kim, Brittany Lincicome, Mika Miyazato, Jodi Ewart, Morgan Pressel, Stacy Prammanasudh, Amanda Blumenherst, Michelle Wie, and probably a lot more that I've never heard of.

The point is that the LPGA is not hurting for young, cute girls that can play good golf.  So what's interesting about 12 cute girls that CAN'T play good golf?  Possibly a lot of things ... but not when I'm in the mood to watch golf on the Golf Channel.  Like Beachcomber said, that's what Bravo, E!, and a myriad of other stations are there for.

I watch the golf channel for golf.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep.  I'm with golfingdad, beachcomber and canuckaaron on this one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was actually growing tired of the too-many all women Big Break seasons playing bad golf.   It seemed like the recent seasons have been dominated by girls with marginal golf ability and big boobs.   For me, the Greenbrier was a very refreshing change of pace.  This was possibly the most talented cast ever assembled for the series, and it made for much better TV...IMO

I'm a little worn out on "just girls" seasons of Big Break for now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, there are plenty of other T&A; reality shows on television if that's what someone is looking for.  If they can find women golfers that are good looking and can play golf I'll watch but otherwise I'd rather see good golf.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I was actually growing tired of the too-many all women Big Break seasons playing bad golf.   It seemed like the recent seasons have been dominated by girls with marginal golf ability and big boobs.   For me, the Greenbrier was a very refreshing change of pace.  This was possibly the most talented cast ever assembled for the series, and it made for much better TV...IMO

I'm a little worn out on "just girls" seasons of Big Break for now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I found BB Atlantis to be mind-numbingly awful. Terrible. Boring. Horrible .. one of the worst seasons ever, IMO.  I will watch almost anything golf related but I could not watch BB Atlantis.  I tried but had to bailout after the second or 3rd episode and the tune back in for the finale.

BB Greenbriar, on the other hand, was one of my favorite seasons.  The quality of the golf was great, I liked most of the players and found them interesting.  I was pulling for Sasquatch more than I can remember pulling for any Big Breaker to date.

I wish they would play more golf, though.  I wish every elimination was a 9 hole match play (they could edit it, of course).

If I want T & A there's plenty of that on TV.  When I tune into TGC, I want to see some golf.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had just started playing golf (and thus watching golf) when BB Atlantis was on.  It was terrible.  The lack of professionalism was apparent with so many of the contestants on BB Atlantis.

I loved Greenbrier though.  It was interesting and much more professional for the most part (except Chan).  The quality of the product (golf) was so much better at Greenbrier than it was at Atlantis.

Womens golf is a lot like womens basketball.  Even though there may be some good looking women, the quality of the product looks so bad compared to mens basketball/golf.  I'm not trying to be sexist here or anything, but the product is better when the men are making shots/dunks/moves that the women just can't do.  It's not the same level in golf but it's similar.  People love Bubba Watson because he can hit drives very long, well over 300 yards.  The womens longest drive is what, maybe 280?  We see 280 drives all the time on tv and even at our local courses.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lets also remember that recently the Big Break has been "legitimized" some-what.....with Tommy Gainey winning, it gives more credibility in my opinion for mens Big Breaks anyway.  Usually the mens contestants are grinders that have been on mini tours for years and with families to support.  The women contestants are nowhere near as good or accomplished, therefore Golf Channel has to sell the "pretty face" and others features on those women for viewership.  I mean for crying out loud the GC dressed all the women contestants up in bikinis and showed that on tv.  Combine that with having the show in a tropical place and that stuff sells.

Does anyone know what the actual ratings were compared and which Big Break had a higher average ratings?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I had just started playing golf (and thus watching golf) when BB Atlantis was on.  It was terrible.  The lack of professionalism was apparent with so many of the contestants on BB Atlantis.

I loved Greenbrier though.  It was interesting and much more professional for the most part (except Chan).  The quality of the product (golf) was so much better at Greenbrier than it was at Atlantis.

Womens golf is a lot like womens basketball.  Even though there may be some good looking women, the quality of the product looks so bad compared to mens basketball/golf.  I'm not trying to be sexist here or anything, but the product is better when the men are making shots/dunks/moves that the women just can't do.  It's not the same level in golf but it's similar.  People love Bubba Watson because he can hit drives very long, well over 300 yards.  The womens longest drive is what, maybe 280?  We see 280 drives all the time on tv and even at our local courses.

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I had just started playing golf (and thus watching golf) when BB Atlantis was on.  It was terrible.  The lack of professionalism was apparent with so many of the contestants on BB Atlantis.

I loved Greenbrier though.  It was interesting and much more professional for the most part (except Chan).  The quality of the product (golf) was so much better at Greenbrier than it was at Atlantis.

Womens golf is a lot like womens basketball.  Even though there may be some good looking women, the quality of the product looks so bad compared to mens basketball/golf.  I'm not trying to be sexist here or anything, but the product is better when the men are making shots/dunks/moves that the women just can't do.  It's not the same level in golf but it's similar.  People love Bubba Watson because he can hit drives very long, well over 300 yards.  The womens longest drive is what, maybe 280?  We see 280 drives all the time on tv and even at our local courses.

Watch women's volleyball and you will stop caring about the quality of the product .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

considering they're both, contrived "reality" shows.. I'd rather watch women than men.

big break academy with mike breed was the only way i knew anything about BB grenbrier :)

also, every girl on that show can kick my arse at golf, so I cant say they stink at the game.

also, BB Atlantis was the bb that happened to be showing when I first picked up a club last year!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB Greenbrier was the first one I have ever seen.  I started watching a few episodes into the season and was hooked on it.  I was surprised by the ability of those guys. I thought it was going to be a bunch of hackers out there.  I actually DVR'ed it to make sure I didn't miss any of the episodes.  I did see a rerun of the Atlantis one and liked the hot girls on it but I didn't enjoy the golf so I lost interest after the 1 episode.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched every episode of Big Break Atlantis and Big Break Greenbrier. I enjoyed them both. It didn't really bother me that the golf talent level in BB Atlantis wasn't the highest. It was interesting watching them compete against each other.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0