IGNORED

Brandt Snedeker future #1 in the WGR?

Jspangler
Note: This thread is 4091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I never stated by the end of this year. If I did, I didn't mean to. He could easily finish this year on top of the Fedex cup this year, not likely, it seems whoever wins the last tournament wins it all every year. And then start off next year like this year. I never said he was a for sure number one, and I enjoy speculating. But no worries keep your panties in a bunch.

Originally Posted by Jspangler

I also saw him play in Dubai, he looked pretty bad, to me of course.

Oh, poppycock.

Anyhow, I'm glad Brent is playing so well.  Honestly, it may not have a big impact on golf because he looks so plain and doesn't have a huge personality, but I believe every time Snedeker contends/wins it is good for golf.  He can prove to a lot of novice golfers that you don't have to play at a snail's pace to be good.  Currently, that is his reputation and his most notable characteristic.  And it may not be marketable to the mainstream, but it's definitely a good thing in principle.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Jspangler

I never stated by the end of this year. If I did, I didn't mean to. He could easily finish this year on top of the Fedex cup this year, not likely, it seems whoever wins the last tournament wins it all every year. And then start off next year like this year. I never said he was a for sure number one, and I enjoy speculating. But no worries keep your panties in a bunch.

Then if you didn't state by end of year - then this is so broad, its not even worth speculating.

Then you state he could win the fedex cup, then you say not likely, then you say anyone who wins the tour championship wins the fedexcup

Then you state he could start 2014 like this year

Then you say he is not a for sure number one

All of which contradict themselves and this thread.

My panties will remain twisted until any of this makes sense.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

just read on my espn app that he just pulled out of WGC match play with a sore rib? hopefully he is just wanting some rest after playing so much early in the season to prepare for the masters.  I hope so, he is becoming my favorite player as well as keegan bradley

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Originally Posted by grubby98

just read on my espn app that he just pulled out of WGC match play with a sore rib? hopefully he is just wanting some rest after playing so much early in the season to prepare for the masters.  I hope so, he is becoming my favorite player as well as keegan bradley

He had a rib injury last year that kept him out of the US Open. He then finished fourth at Royal Lytham, so hopefully the time off will do him well.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Welp, I think we can close the thread down now.  He has a rib injury and won't play well again the rest of the year.  He's pretty much done.

Either that or he'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I saw him last year perform and he was a consistent player in the top ten. But now he is like top five every weekend including a win. I know the tournaments aren't majors but he has shown that he is capable of coming out every weekend and being in contention for the trophy. In my book Brandt is the future master in golf once Tiger retires. What do you guys think?

In the Bag:

Driver:  10.5 Superfast Burner 2.0

3 Wood:  15 Fairway Launcher

4 Hybrid:  22 Rescue

4-PW Irons:  RocketBallz Irons

Wedges:  588 Reg

Putter:  Backstryke Marxman

Balls:  Z-Star

Glove:  Weathersof

Originally Posted by Satch

I saw him last year perform and he was a consistent player in the top ten. But now he is like top five every weekend including a win. I know the tournaments aren't majors but he has shown that he is capable of coming out every weekend and being in contention for the trophy. In my book Brandt is the future master in golf once Tiger retires. What do you guys think?

I don't think so, though. Sure, he could sneak a major or two, but comparing anyone with no majors to Tiger Woods is a mistake, IMO. He's also 33 (not much younger than Tiger), so if he wants to get double digit majors he'd better get going. By the time Tiger was 33, he had all 14 of his majors already won. Tiger will probably still be able to play competitively due to his length and ballstriking ability; Brandt has no distance to lose right now while a 45 year old Tiger will still have average power at least. Nicklaus had won 12 of his 18 by 33. So if you look at it that way, Brandt's past his prime. I think Dufner is the same way; he's awesome but older than you think.

I wouldn't give him a shot at the hall of fame unless he really cuts loose and has 3-4 more years like this last one, with a major or two as well. Let alone being the face of golf, when Rory's just entering his prime. Brandt has all the tools to win regularly, but he hits it too short to win in some places and has been overachieving with his irons lately. And he only has a decade at the most before he will get too old to be relevant.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think so, though. Sure, he could sneak a major or two, but comparing anyone with no majors to Tiger Woods is a mistake, IMO. He's also 33 (not much younger than Tiger), so if he wants to get double digit majors he'd better get going. By the time Tiger was 33, he had all 14 of his majors already won. Tiger will probably still be able to play competitively due to his length and ballstriking ability; Brandt has no distance to lose right now while a 45 year old Tiger will still have average power at least. Nicklaus had won 12 of his 18 by 33. So if you look at it that way, Brandt's past his prime. I think Dufner is the same way; he's awesome but older than you think. I wouldn't give him a shot at the hall of fame unless he really cuts loose and has 3-4 more years like this last one, with a major or two as well. Let alone being the face of golf, when Rory's just entering his prime. Brandt has all the tools to win regularly, but he hits it too short to win in some places and has been overachieving with his irons lately. And he only has a decade at the most before he will get too old to be relevant.

If I remember correctly VJ hit #1 at age 41, and that was while Tiger was still winning, I know he was in a swing transition, I'm sure that will come up.

Possibly, but he would have to keep finishing top 10 like every week and won lots more too.  Sneds may not be my favourite, but he is playing very well, hope the injury doesn't keep him out too long !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Let's see him do it for 4 or 5 years with a bunch of majors thrown in and even then he wouldn't even equal Tom Watson, let alone Tiger.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I like brandt but agree on the above i dont think he will be a big hitter for years and years i think he will have a few good and then a few bad i couldnt see him just killing it year after year. I hope im wrong.

Unless he's training to be a boxer or MMA it's not likely the ribs are bruised but the soft tissue between them caused by his swing.  If that's the case, he could struggle for quite some time as that's an injury that takes a pretty long time to heal fully.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!