IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry to hear that Nate. Take the time to fully heal or you risk turning it into life long nagging injury and you definitely don't want that.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best of luck with a speedy recovery.

Thank you. [quote name="JetFan1983" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/1020#post_1127305"]Coming off a several week wrist injury myself, all I can say is hang in there, buddy. Just do the right things, listen to your doctor, listen to your wrist, try not to rush it back, and you'll be fine in no time. Get well soon, Nate!  PS- And don't ditch that wrist brace too early! Yea, it'll start to smell funky, but it'll heal faster. No flexion for a few weeks will be key. :-D [/quote] Will do. I now will experience the full appreciation for what you have gone through. :-) [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/1020#post_1127306"]Sorry to hear that Nate. Take the time to fully heal or you risk turning it into life long nagging injury and you definitely don't want that.[/quote] Thanks EJ.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Just an update on the wrist condition.  I have finally been feeling a bit less pain over the past couple days, although I did have a slight setback this morning when I moved something wrong and the ligament popped.  Had to ice for a while. Basically any pronation, supination, extension, or ulnar deviation can cause the popping of the ligament.  I have to be extremely careful.  I am giving it one more week to see if anything has improved before setting up any second opinion.  Many thanks to @JetFan1983 for some added friendly advice on managing these kinds of issues in general.

I had to change the brace to a different one today as well because my first brace fit me pretty poorly.  I will be keeping it on day an night though for at least three more weeks, as I am about a week in now.

Next week I will start working on a couple things.  Mainly that will just be working on some right hand only pitching and putting.

Hopefully, I can pass a little time helping @Jakester23 on his swing and will check out some other swing threads as well.

Nate

That sucks man. I hope it's a speedy recovery.

Not sure about the popping sounds. I sprained my ankle in college. I knew what I did because it was the same damn ankle from highschool. Foot rolled over, heard a few popping noises, then the pain. I should have put a brace on, but I just walked around slower and dealt with it. During that time my ankle would pop. Like cracking a knuckle in your fingers. I could walk down the sidewalk, turn left and hear a pop.

I am not sure if it is the tendon that is popping or just the extra swelling and inflammation causing the joint to pop more than usual.

If they required a brace it sounds like a grade 2 sprain. Usually that is brace it to let it heal, then rehab it to get the muscles built up so it protects the ligaments. Nothing you can really do about sprained ligaments, unless its a full tear then it is surgery usually.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That sucks man. I hope it's a speedy recovery.

Not sure about the popping sounds. I sprained my ankle in college. I knew what I did because it was the same damn ankle from highschool. Foot rolled over, heard a few popping noises, then the pain. I should have put a brace on, but I just walked around slower and dealt with it. During that time my ankle would pop. Like cracking a knuckle in your fingers. I could walk down the sidewalk, turn left and hear a pop.

I am not sure if it is the tendon that is popping or just the extra swelling and inflammation causing the joint to pop more than usual.

If they required a brace it sounds like a grade 2 sprain. Usually that is brace it to let it heal, then rehab it to get the muscles built up so it protects the ligaments. Nothing you can really do about sprained ligaments, unless its a full tear then it is surgery usually.

More of a popping feel than sound if I can describe it well enough. It is accompanied by an almost burning like sensation, so that is why I am thinking it is the ligament that is sort of popping/moving over or around that little bone that sticks out on the outside of the wrist.  I am pretty sure it is not a full tear at this point so that is why I have held off for now on the second opinion.  The only other worry would be a slightly fractured bone to go with it, but I am not too overly worried about that.

Nate

Sleeping with a brace has gotta be a pain. I would have a hard time getting restful sleep.

It takes some getting used to, but yeah it is pretty weird.

Nate

More of a popping feel than sound if I can describe it well enough. It is accompanied by an almost burning like sensation, so that is why I am thinking it is the ligament that is sort of popping/moving over or around that little bone that sticks out on the outside of the wrist.  I am pretty sure it is not a full tear at this point so that is why I have held off for now on the second opinion.  The only other worry would be a slightly fractured bone to go with it, but I am not too overly worried about that.

You should do what Tiger did, pop that bone back in place :-P

Well if things still don't feel right, I would get a second opinion. Maybe get an X-ray and/or MRI.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Basically any pronation, supination, extension, or ulnar deviation can cause the popping of the ligament.

Well aren't you Mr. Smarty Pants? You could have just said "moving" and it would have covered all of those things. :smartass: Hee hee hee hee. :-P

I had to change the brace to a different one today as well because my first brace fit me pretty poorly.  I will be keeping it on day an night though for at least three more weeks, as I am about a week in now.

On the bright side… it's your LEFT wrist. I mean… you know?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well aren't you Mr. Smarty Pants? You could have just said "moving" and it would have covered all of those things. :smartass:  Hee hee hee hee. :-P

Actually I have no idea what those terms mean @JetFan1983 just mentioned those words to me and I copied them in here. ;-) [quote name="iacas" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/1050#post_1130403"] On the bright side… it's your LEFT wrist. I mean… you know? [/quote] No comment. :-)

Nate

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Well aren't you Mr. Smarty Pants? You could have just said "moving" and it would have covered all of those things.   Hee hee hee hee.

Actually I have no idea what those terms mean @JetFan1983 just mentioned those words to me and I copied them in here.

Way to throw me under the bus! I'm quitting the site. :-P

Constantine

Way to throw me under the bus! I'm quitting the site. :-P

Beep Beep! :-D

Nate

Just an update on the wrist condition.  I have finally been feeling a bit less pain over the past couple days, although I did have a slight setback this morning when I moved something wrong and the ligament popped.  Had to ice for a while. Basically any pronation, supination, extension, or ulnar deviation can cause the popping of the ligament.  I have to be extremely careful.  I am giving it one more week to see if anything has improved before setting up any second opinion.  Many thanks to @JetFan1983 for some added friendly advice on managing these kinds of issues in general.   I had to change the brace to a different one today as well because my first brace fit me pretty poorly.  I will be keeping it on day an night though for at least three more weeks, as I am about a week in now. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/117711/] [/URL] Next week I will start working on a couple things.  Mainly that will just be working on some right hand only pitching and putting.   Hopefully, I can pass a little time helping @Jakester23 on his swing and will check out some other swing threads as well.

Don't worry about me bud just make sure your no over doing it with that wrist. If I was you I'd consider a 2nd option no matter what. It's a pretty important joint so make sure its working properly. We all want to see you back at it but not at the risk of further injury. You will be back out there before you know it. In the mean time practice your aim point and get good at making 5 ft putts one handed.

Don't worry about me bud just make sure your no over doing it with that wrist. If I was you I'd consider a 2nd option no matter what. It's a pretty important joint so make sure its working properly. We all want to see you back at it but not at the risk of further injury. You will be back out there before you know it. In the mean time practice your aim point and get good at making 5 ft putts one handed.

I will likely do that next week.  We will see how it goes.  Thanks Jake.

Nate

Btw, this is a much better description of what pretty much what is going on for this injury.  I don't really like what he is saying here, but this is kind of my fear.  It applies from about 2:14 to about 4:00 roughly.

Nate

Tried this out today.  I am thinking if the wrist does not heal well, I might just be able to get some rounds in like this. ;-)

Nate

I've been just on the dry swings in the back yard regimen recently, but I've been doing this drill a lot, and even with two hands on the club am trying to concentrate on the right hand driving the swing, with the left hand only there for stabilization.  I think you could play passably this way!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!