IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played nine this morning, shot 39.  Worked a bit on the "dealing the cards" feeling with my pitches.  My feel was off a bit with that.  I will keep working on it.  My full/partial shot wedge game the past few days has been unusually off.  It will come around.  Hitting some slight pushes with the driver again, which is OK by me for my miss.  No snap hooks or shanks today!   Irons were pretty straight with not much draw today.

I probably could have made one more putt if I had been using AimPoint, but I was in a bit of a hurry this morning so I did not get full reads.

It's getting kind of boring watching you make all those pars. :-$

I felt some excitement watching those putts, and felt the frustration on those near missed putts. Did your putter drag on one of those putts?

Looks like if you could make better putts you should be scratch!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice sand shot on #2.   To bad you missed the putt... :-(

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

It's getting kind of boring watching you make all those pars.

I felt some excitement watching those putts, and felt the frustration on those near missed putts. Did your putter drag on one of those putts?

Looks like if you could make better putts you should be scratch!

Yeah I don't recall the putter dragging, but it is possible.  I have done it before.  I think if I can get to the point that I average 5 greens per nine, and I continue to improve my short game and my putting, I will be to my goal.  My putting is much improved from last year, and no way in hell could I have hit that bunker shot on the second last year. @iacas knows how bad I was.  The stuff we worked on is helping with all of that.  It is still early and I have had a couple weeks of full swing regression so right now I am about to go up to 4.3.  I am confident it will improve again though.

Nice sand shot on #2.   To bad you missed the putt...

Thanks! And yeah I was pretty bummed about that putt.  I was rushing myself too much this morning.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• Administrator

Derp.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Derp.

I thought I was putting originally and never bothered to put it back in.

Nate

Derp.

The pros choosing the remove the flag for shots like this must be the equivalent of speedy baseball players who continue to slide head first into first base to "get there faster." :-P

• Administrator

I thought I was putting originally and never bothered to put it back in.

Fair enough. I can buy that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Fair enough. I can buy that.

Yeah, it was stupid though.  I should have taken the time to put it back in.  I really need to just force myself to slow down sometimes.

Nate

• Administrator

Get the putter away from your body a bit and swing it more by using your elbows. You move your entire body all over on this putt. Your shoulders and torso have very little "touch" in them - use your elbows with soft wrists to feel things. The putter head ascends very quickly, then you kind of shove it forward with your entire body.

Bottom picture is address and impact.

Yeah, it was stupid though.  I should have taken the time to put it back in.  I really need to just force myself to slow down sometimes.  \

If the score counted? Sure. In a quick morning round, peh. I don't even take the flagstick out sometimes when I'm playing by myself.

Get the putter away from your body a bit and swing it more by using your elbows. You move your entire body all over on this putt. Your shoulders and torso have very little "touch" in them - use your elbows with soft wrists to feel things. The putter head ascends very quickly, then you kind of shove it forward with your entire body.

Thanks, I will work on that.  I still struggle feeling comfortable over putts even though it has gotten much better.  I started feeling the trunk rotating because I felt I could control the path and face of the putter better, and was less yippy.  I guess not so much.  I went back and watched it, and yeah it is very ugly.  I will get to work.

Nate

These are a lot of fun to watch Nathan!

Nice out on hole 2.. too bad you missed that short putt.

I don't know if it is significant or not, but I noticed that of the 7 putts you missed 6 were to the left of the hole, the only one that was to the right of the hole it looks like the green was playing left to right.  It didn't look like the greens were breaking to badly, except on two holes I saw, so this could really mean that you might be just barely aiming to the left of the hole..  just an observations... overall I am going to start working harder to get to where you are, because I like what I'm seeing!

keep it up my friend!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

These are a lot of fun to watch Nathan!

Nice out on hole 2.. too bad you missed that short putt.

I don't know if it is significant or not, but I noticed that of the 7 putts you missed 6 were to the left of the hole, the only one that was to the right of the hole it looks like the green was playing left to right.  It didn't look like the greens were breaking to badly, except on two holes I saw, so this could really mean that you might be just barely aiming to the left of the hole..  just an observations... overall I am going to start working harder to get to where you are, because I like what I'm seeing!

keep it up my friend!

Thanks, and that is a good observation.  I was not using AimPoint so some of my aiming problems were probably because of that.  I actually did use it once on the birdie.  Also as Erik pointed out my putting stroke is kind of bad at the moment.  I think it mostly had to do with that.  Had I played a bit better with my wedges and made one of those shorter putts, it could have been a great round.  I hope some others will start doing these course videos as well.  I would love to see it.  I will hold off on doing any more for now.

Nate

Im just curious why weren't you using aimpoint?

Just because I am still not that fast at it yet and it takes me a bit too long yet to get a read when I am also trying to film.   I did not want to worry about it while filming.  It worked perfectly on the birdie putt.  That was actually not the easiest putt.  I aimed 5" outside the left edge I believe.

Nate

Nathan,

I noticed you didn't count the birdie on #8 as an up-and-down.  Is this a limitation of software, or do you consciously not count this as an up-and-down because it's not a "scrambling" situation?  I've been curious to know if I should count those for my statistics or not.  The reality is, if I'm on a short par 4 and drive it around the green (or going for it on a par 5), and I have a chip-and-putt for a birdie opportunity, I'd like to keep track of how often I convert on those the same way as if I was scrambling for par.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Nathan,

I noticed you didn't count the birdie on #8 as an up-and-down.  Is this a limitation of software, or do you consciously not count this as an up-and-down because it's not a "scrambling" situation?  I've been curious to know if I should count those for my statistics or not.  The reality is, if I'm on a short par 4 and drive it around the green (or going for it on a par 5), and I have a chip-and-putt for a birdie opportunity, I'd like to keep track of how often I convert on those the same way as if I was scrambling for par.

Yeah my up and downs are basically a scrambling stat for anything within' 20 yards or so of the green that is not in the sand for par.  I keep sand save stats separately.

Nate

I was working my putting and pitching this morning at the course before my lucky day that I get to work.  I then filmed my adjusted putting stance and address position.  Less hunched over and less with the hands tight to the body.  Better I suppose, but still struggling with the soft elbows and will keep working on it.  Other than trying to hit a long iron this is the most uncomfortable part of my game.

Nate

• Administrator

I was working my putting and pitching this morning at the course before my lucky day that I get to work.  I then filmed my adjusted putting stance and address position.  Less hunched over and less with the hands tight to the body.  Better I suppose, but still struggling with the soft elbows and will keep working on it.  Other than trying to hit a long iron this is the most uncomfortable part of my game.

Note that the right elbow can move away from the body a little. It doesn't stay glued to your side.

Do this: hit a lot of putts (even 20 footers) FO and DL with just your right hand with very little torso rotation. You'll have to use your elbows and wrist to get the putter head back, and you'll probably notice that it opens up a little bit more (tough to say but it looks shut-faced on this backswing).

The two lines illustrate that the torso movement you do have is more of the vertical type, rather than perpendicular to your spine angle. See this image for that:

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!