IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks @iacas , gawd I suck at this!  I will have to do the drill a lot to get a feel for this.   The visual showing the shoulder raising up is a big help, thanks.  Stance/posture better here?

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Thanks @iacas, gawd I suck at this!  I will have to do the drill a lot to get a feel for this.   The visual showing the shoulder raising up is a big help, thanks.  Stance/posture better here?

Just about perfect. I'd have to see it in 3D to nitpick anything, and even then, might not be able to.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How goes it with the Bio Cell+?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just about perfect. I'd have to see it in 3D to nitpick anything, and even then, might not be able to.

Awesome!  I will burn that image in my brain. Off to work on the stroke itself.  We'll set up a lesson on this stuff, the next time I am out there and we are able to.

How goes it with the Bio Cell+?

Great!  You have to hit it near the center of the face, but that is not really a problem with my slow swing speed. :-D I just love the weight of it.  I feel I am able to deliver the face better, less hooks than normal. It sounds awesome.  I love how it sounded in the course videos.   It is very long, even for me.  In the first course video I have never reached the fairway bunker I was in for my second shot on the first hole.  It is 275 yards to the middle of that bunker, and I have never been there before.  You still using yours?

Nate

Great!  You have to hit it near the center of the face, but that is not really a problem with my slow swing speed.  :-D   I just love the weight of it.  I feel I am able to deliver the face better, less hooks than normal. It sounds awesome.  I love how it sounded in the course videos.   It is very long, even for me.  In the first course video I have never reached the fairway bunker I was in for my second shot on the first hole.  It is 275 yards to the middle of that bunker, and I have never been there before.  You still using yours? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98930/] [/URL]

Yeah, the weight and feel are definitely both strong points, and the distance is pretty great. Something would really have to blow me away to knock this thing out of my bag.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah, the weight and feel are definitely both strong points, and the distance is pretty great. Something would really have to blow me away to knock this thing out of my bag.

Wait, I thought you guys were both BombTech-ers? What gives???

They both think its the club but deep down they both know what the problem really is. :-P

I tried the Bio Cell + after seeing Jamo's review and was shocked at how good the club is. :D

Nate

[quote name="cipher" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/600_30#post_997503"] I tried the Bio Cell + after seeing Jamo's review and was shocked at how good the club is. :D[/quote] I like the BombTech, but I love the Bio Cell+.

In my bag:

I tried the Bio Cell + after seeing Jamo's review and was shocked at how good the club is. :D

Interesting, so did you end up lofting up a bit at all?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Interesting, so did you end up lofting up a bit at all?

I have it set at 11, the only thing I might wish is it to have a 12 setting. Jamo pretty much nailed it though, don't try it if you don't want to fall in love with it. Where do you set yours @jamo ?

Nate

I have it set at 11, the only thing I might wish is it to have a 12 setting. Jamo pretty much nailed it though, don't try it if you don't want to fall in love with it. Where do you set yours @jamo?

Yea, I have my SLDR set at 10 degrees. The only major issue would be the shaft in the club. I could get away with the Diamana shaft they offer. I just love the Fujikura Tour Spec shaft that my SLDR came with. Just hard to beat that. Though I have no doubt the Bio Cell + would be a great option for me as well. It would be a strong contender if it was out when I was looking at a new Driver. SLDR just beat everyone too that level of higher launch and lower spin.

So is your ball trajectory launches higher but levels out for a boring trajectory?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea, I have my SLDR set at 10 degrees. The only major issue would be the shaft in the club. I could get away with the [CENTER][COLOR=333333]Diamana shaft they offer. I just love the Fujikura Tour Spec shaft that my SLDR came with. Just hard to beat that. Though I have no doubt the Bio Cell + would be a great option for me as well. It would be a strong contender if it was out when I was looking at a new Driver. SLDR just beat everyone too that level of higher launch and lower spin. [/COLOR][/CENTER] [CENTER][COLOR=333333]So is your ball trajectory launches higher but levels out for a boring trajectory? [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Crossfield just did a follow up review with the SLDR going up against the Bio Cell +. Pretty similar overall, SLDR spins slightly less, Bio Cell + goes a bit higher. Both carried about the same for him. Yeah high boring trajectory. The ball goes high and just seems to stay there.

Nate

I have it set at 11, the only thing I might wish is it to have a 12 setting. Jamo pretty much nailed it though, don't try it if you don't want to fall in love with it. Where do you set yours @jamo ?

I think I'm at 10.5, but I'm not positive. I'll check tomorrow when I go out to play.

In my bag:

Decided I would play from the tips of the longest nine on the course this morning.  It was 3408 which is a stretch for me.  Wind was up a bit, probably 15 mph, so I really wanted to challenge myself.  I drove the ball Okay, had one hook.  Shanked the ball twice with my PW, which was fun...or not.  I only hit two greens but, I got up and down 4 out of 5 times.  Ended up with a 40, which was not too bad.  I may start playing from here.  It was a lot of fun and I think I may just have to start playing this nine from the tips.  I just hope one day I can rid myeslf of the f*&*ing shanks, that shite makes me want to find a new sport.  I think though that when I am able to fix my back swing and path into the ball and the exit that it will help with this.

Nate

• Administrator
Decided I would play from the tips of the longest nine on the course this morning.  It was 3408 which is a stretch for me.  Wind was up a bit, probably 15 mph, so I really wanted to challenge myself.  I drove the ball Okay, had one hook.  Shanked the ball twice with my PW, which was fun...or not.  I only hit two greens but, I got up and down 4 out of 5 times.  Ended up with a 40, which was not too bad.  I may start playing from here.  It was a lot of fun and I think I may just have to start playing this nine from the tips.  I just hope one day I can rid myeslf of the f*&*ing shanks, that shite makes me want to find a new sport.  I think though that when I am able to fix my back swing and path into the ball and the exit that it will help with this.

You should be playing from 6800 yards or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You should be playing from 6800 yards or so.

I am sure you are right.  I just always think I am such a wimp.  If I look at my approach shots today I had, 8i, PW, SW, 6i, 8i, PW, 3H, 7i, 6i into the greens.  That is probably okay.

Nate

Well, I guess we should expect that given all the strokes gained research. My current golf dream is to get to the point where I get to a 200 yard par 3 and am expecting to hit the green – of course I know even the pros aren't 90% GIR from 200 yards, but I just mean the kind of confidence I've got standing over a PW approach to a large green – instead of being pumped when I do.

And funny on the putting. I watched your vlogs (fun btw!). Overall I thought your swing and results looked really impressive. But your putting looked bad (relative to what I'd expect from your full swing and HC) I consider myself a mediocre putter at best, and you looked like me on the greens! Guess that just tells you how much better your full swing is than mine, since I consider myself solid or better around the greens, and have been deadly with my 60˚ inside 40-50 yards recently.

@mdl I will post my reply here so I don't clutter up the other thread.  Yeah between crappy putting and shanking the ball right now, that is costing me a bunch of strokes... :-D I still need to hit more greens though.  I am only like 40% so far for the year, I was hoping to average 55% this year which was probably a pipe dream.  The only reason my handicap is not going through the roof is I have been getting up and down a lot so far.  The scary thing about my putting is that it is way better than it was last year after just a quick lesson and AimPoint. It has a ways to go though.  I have to put a bunch of work into it this year.

Went to the range today.  I have not filmed my full swing in a bit.  I will probably send an upload into Brian as this is probably about as good as I can get the exit for now.  I am kind of stuck from here.  I still can't figure out why when I address the ball on the toe I hit it on the heel...or the hosel.  The cold blooded shank is still happening about once a round at the moment on average.  Hopefully one day I can be healed of this disease... :-)

@JetFan1983 you may be interested to know that I spoke with Brian and he thinks I should not lessen the softness of my right arm at address.  I am not sure why at the moment but I will ask in my upload...stay tuned. ;-)

I tried the 240 setting on my camera and I think it is a bit too blurry.  I will go back to the 120 setting from now on.

Nate

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!