IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Offset might help a tad, depending on how new the irons are for him, it is probably a timing thing. Given that most offset between the 5 irons is 0.05 inches. I am not sure that is that big of a difference. It's probably some small fraction of a degree.

I think it is how the club sets up at address. I don't know why it is just easier to set up with the face more naturally open a bit. I think it is the look and the way the sole is designed. So the draw tends to be a bit less and they are easier to fade slightly, just like @Jakester23 mentioned. I have not seen that particular Crossfield video, but I believe it.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it is how the club sets up at address. I don't know why it is just easier to set up with the face more naturally open a bit. I think it is the look and the way the sole is designed.

Yea, I would say offset effects how the club lines up more than it does actually physically doing anything. I think we have a thread about that somewhere on the forum here. :-D

Glad you like your irons. I am enjoying my SLDR irons very much right now. I was shocked at how blade-ish they look. Would be interesting to see how large they are compared to the S55. Bounce and offset-wise they are very similar. I would think the SLDR irons might look a bit more chunky, but not to the degree as one might think from a non-better player iron from Taylormade.

I think it was Mark crossfield who did the test and he didn't say it was easier to curve. He said it was easier to hit small draws and fades. He could actually curve the cavities more if I'm remembering correctly. The way he made it seem was that the cavities were either a bigger curve of no curve. With the blades he could hit a very small shape.

Yea, not entirely sure. It really is hard to say with a golfer doing that. Clubs could be completely different in feel. I would like to see some sort of machine, like the Iron Byron, that can keep the swing path and clubface angle the same.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea, I would say offset effects how the club lines up more than it does actually physically doing anything. I think we have a thread about that somewhere on the forum here.

Glad you like your irons. I am enjoying my SLDR irons very much right now. I was shocked at how blade-ish they look. Would be interesting to see how large they are compared to the S55. Bounce and offset-wise they are very similar. I would think the SLDR irons might look a bit more chunky, but not to the degree as one might think from a non-better player iron from Taylormade.

Yeah exactly, it does not have anything to do with the offset, just the way they set up.  We'll compare them in August for size.  Glad you are liking the SLDR irons.  They sound great, excited for the review.

Nate

I would assume that this is because ... of this, no? P.S.  Could you do me a favor and stop talking about how great these irons are.  You're planting a seed in my head that I don't need!! :beer:

Ditto. I was just at Dicks drooling.

- Shane

Ditto. I was just at Dicks drooling.

Sorry guys, don't look for my raving review in a week or two then about how great these irons are. Okay @Golfingdad ?

Nate

Sorry guys, don't look for my raving review in a week or two then about how great these irons are. Okay @Golfingdad?

Sounds good!  Although I'm now more concerned that you are going to be comparing sizes with Matt in August. :-P

Sounds good!  Although I'm now more concerned that you are going to be comparing sizes with Matt in August.:-P

Well played, well played. :D

Nate

Well played, well played. :D

Indeed

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Working on the putting motion this morning.  30' putt slightly up hill.  Any better or still sucks?

Nate

• Administrator
Much better. But you had to know that right? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Much better. But you had to know that right? :-)

Knew it was better but did not know how much. Thanks :D

Nate

Working on finding the happy medium for the hand path going back.  Not getting in so quickly, but also not exaggerating the out in the attempt to fix it.

Nate

I have a new priority piece in key #1, still keeping an eye on the hand path going back though.

I sure hope I can figure something out with the driver though by next week, since I have a tournament coming up, otherwise... :8) Hitting low shots still and hooks like crazy, might have to put the Driveway back in the bag for the tournament.

Nate

I have a new priority piece in key #1, still keeping an eye on the hand path going back though.

I sure hope I can figure something out with the driver though by next week, since I have a tournament coming up, otherwise...   Hitting low shots still and hooks like crazy, might have to put the Driveway back in the bag for the tournament.

I am wondering in those videos if your ball position is too far back for a 6 iron. That looks to be in the middle of your stance. I would see if moving it about an inch forward would help you get the ball higher. I presume you are hitting a lot of everything low, or is your irons good height as well?

Can you post your driver swing?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I am wondering in those videos if your ball position is too far back for a 6 iron. That looks to be in the middle of your stance. I would see if moving it about an inch forward would help you get the ball higher. I presume you are hitting a lot of everything low, or is your irons good height as well?

Can you post your driver swing?

Yeah I was wondering that as well.  If you draw a line up from the ball though I think it is good if my feet were spaced apart a little better.  I think I may have had them a bit too close together in this swing for some reason.  I do tend to hit the long irons a bit low as well, but not too bad.  My miss right now is generally thin though.  Height is fine overall though in the irons.

Yeah I will try and get some new driver video today at lunch time if I can. I am struggling with finding the right address position as always.  Here is the Driver swing from a week or two ago, we determined from this video that maybe adding a bit more tilt to start and more of a "throw" feeling from the top should help.  I will try and record those two things today and we can see what the difference is.

Nate

Yeah I will try and get some new driver video today at lunch time if I can. I am struggling with finding the right address position as always.  Here is the Driver swing from a week or two ago, we determined from this video that maybe adding a bit more tilt to start and more of a "throw" feeling from the top should help.  I will try and record those two things today and we can see what the difference is.

Here is your impact, your hands are a good amount forward than the clubhead for a driver. I would say you could easily move that ball an inch forward and that might help with adding loft to the drive. Get those lines more straight for the driver. Yea that would go into that "Throw" the club move as well.

I would get some alignment sticks and form a cross, and line up so the ball is inline or slightly forward of the inside of your left heel.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Here is your impact, your hands are a good amount forward than the clubhead for a driver. I would say you could easily move that ball an inch forward and that might help with adding loft to the drive. Get those lines more straight for the driver. Yea that would go into that "Throw" the club move as well.

I would get some alignment sticks and form a cross, and line up so the ball is inline or slightly forward of the inside of your left heel.

I am just afraid of getting it too far forward and hooking the ball.  But I think an inch should be fine.  That is where I used to have it roughly.  I struggle with adding the tilt at address as well, because I feel like my back leg wants to straighten out when I do it and am not sure it should be doing that.

Nate

I am just afraid of getting it too far forward and hooking the ball.  But I think an inch should be fine.  That is where I used to have it roughly.  I struggle with adding the tilt at address as well, because I feel like my back leg wants to straighten out when I do it and am not sure it should be doing that.

Can't you just open your shoulder line and hips and hit a little fade if you move the ball forward?

Note: This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!