IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Play for a hook and you'll hit a fade :-P

So you were aiming your body left and pointing the face right? If you are still hitting hooks on that, my theory is that your upper half is moving backwards (away from the target). Maybe when you are doing the turn the left hip back and up faster, try to rip that left shoulder back and up as well, just make sure your arms don't go back and up. I find I snap hook the ball when my head starts to fall away from the target too much. Since we have found out our swings mimic each other, I'll just assume that is what is happening to you. :beer: By drawing that left shoulder up and around more, you'll keep that head steadier.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@cipher , have you tried to feel like you are swinging left?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Play for a hook and you'll hit a fade

So you were aiming your body left and pointing the face right? If you are still hitting hooks on that, my theory is that your upper half is moving backwards (away from the target). Maybe when you are doing the turn the left hip back and up faster, try to rip that left shoulder back and up as well, just make sure your arms don't go back and up. I find I snap hook the ball when my head starts to fall away from the target too much. Since we have found out our swings mimic each other, I'll just assume that is what is happening to you.  By drawing that left shoulder up and around more, you'll keep that head steadier.

That's what I was gonna say!

- Shane

@cipher , have you tried to feel like you are swinging left?

Yep.

Play for a hook and you'll hit a fade

So you were aiming your body left and pointing the face right? If you are still hitting hooks on that, my theory is that your upper half is moving backwards (away from the target). Maybe when you are doing the turn the left hip back and up faster, try to rip that left shoulder back and up as well, just make sure your arms don't go back and up. I find I snap hook the ball when my head starts to fall away from the target too much. Since we have found out our swings mimic each other, I'll just assume that is what is happening to you.  By drawing that left shoulder up and around more, you'll keep that head steadier.

Yeah I am pretty sure you are spot on, problem is I can't stop doing it at the moment.  Maybe I need to feel like I am going to fall forward down the target line... :-P

Yeah our swings do mimic each other, except for one thing.  The fact that when you hit one decently, and I hit one decently, I am probably still about 40 yards behind your ball. :-D

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Here is my little biznatch rant for the day:

Went to the range today at lunch and just continued hooking the ball, even topping the ball a couple times.  It was possibly the worst I have ever hit a driver.  Good times.  I need a break I think, I am just making things worse at this point.  Also my bone spur in my left hand is causing me a pretty severe amount of pain right now.  It does not affect my swing really(or at least that is what I tell myself), just hurts like a mo fo.  I think I need to head back to the Ortho and look at having it surgically removed.  Little whiny biznatch rant over.

Nate

That's a solid rant. It might not hurt to just give it a few days recharge your batteries and hit it the day before your event. Like I always say sometimes you gotta just drop back 5 and punt.

Hang in there.. I agree just take a little break and you'll come back hitting it better than ever!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

@cipher , would you say it is more of a smother hook (dives down and does not go far) or gets out a decent ways and then hooks?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

@cipher , would you say it is more of a smother hook (dives down and does not go far) or gets out a decent ways and then hooks?

Not really sure. It maybe goes 200 yards max.

Nate

To me a hook is a hook, and all I want to do is not hook the ball ever again!!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Here is my little biznatch rant for the day:

Went to the range today at lunch and just continued hooking the ball, even topping the ball a couple times.  It was possibly the worst I have ever hit a driver.  Good times.  I need a break I think, I am just making things worse at this point.  Also my bone spur in my left hand is causing me a pretty severe amount of pain right now.  It does not affect my swing really(or at least that is what I tell myself), just hurts like a mo fo.  I think I need to head back to the Ortho and look at having it surgically removed.  Little whiny biznatch rant over.

Is the bone spur the result of your golf or something else?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I honestly think your close you can't be hitting balls that well with your irons and not with your driver. I feel like its just a minor tweak or tweaks and you will be pounding drives again.

• Administrator
To me a hook is a hook, and all I want to do is not hook the ball ever again!!!

Well heck, that's easy.

I honestly think your close you can't be hitting balls that well with your irons and not with your driver. I feel like its just a minor tweak or tweaks and you will be pounding drives again.

Have you ever known a truly great driver who was also a great mid-iron player?

They're two subtly different swings, so you typically only find people who are good at one (Nicklaus) or the other (Woods).

Nate is figuring this out. They're two different swings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They're two subtly different swings, so you typically only find people who are good at one (Nicklaus) or the other (Woods).

Very very interesting. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well heck, that's easy. Have you ever known a truly great driver who was also a great mid-iron player? They're two subtly different swings, so you typically only find people who are good at one (Nicklaus) or the other (Woods). Nate is figuring this out. They're two different swings.

I've never noticed that. Very good information.

Is the bone spur the result of your golf or something else?

Actually, I think it is from too much guitar playing when I was younger.  Sadly I can't really play much anymore because it hurts so bad.  I maybe see an operation in my future this off season.

You will see tomorrow.  The difference from my irons to woods is huge.  I look like a 20 handicap hitting woods right now.

Well heck, that's easy.

Yeah I never really thought of that either.  So you are saying I should get a 2 iron.... ;-)

Nate

Yeah I never really thought of that either.  So you are saying I should get a 2 iron....

Get a Ping Rapture Driving iron:

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30106580/ping-rapture-driving-iron?tcode=GOOGLE&cm;_mmc=GOOGLE-_-ping-_-rapture%20driving%20iron-_-ping%20rapture%20driving%20iron&gclid;=CN7N-sPror8CFc5lfgodSCcAUQ

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I have an 18* Callaway utility prototype hybrid iron. I can bring it tomorrow and you can borrow it for as long as you want to see if you like it( I know youve hit the 3i).I replaced it with a hybrid.

Note: This thread is 969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!