IGNORED

2013 WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by nevets88

A line is an identifying mark? From the replay, it looks like that's where the ball should be though.

I think its silly that they actually need to bother identifying it when its really obvious from TV that it didn't come out.  Couldn't Roger Maltbie just tell them, "yup, its up there" and that qualify?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 birdies in 3 days. Damn good job!

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Originally Posted by nevets88

Miller thinks Woods forgot how to hit a draw.

Listening to Miller about Tiger only hitting cuts is infuriating. For one, he's a professional golfer: he knows how to hit a draw. Two, he's Tiger freaking Woods! I think he knows what he's doing.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Originally Posted by ace3g

nice lag putt by McD

I like your understated style of description...

but, yes

(best putt of the tournament)

Bill - 

TIGER!!!!!

Uh oh. Colin007 finally snapped and kidnapped Fourputt!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Ah crap. I need some HELP! Just got informed by the little lady that I'm going to the in laws for dinner tomorrow. These in laws, heathens really, don't have the golf channel (I know, I know) so I need to know when NBC coverage takes over so I can try to plan ( manipulate) things so I can catch the finish of this. I'm thinking of faking an illness, maybe start power slamming' scotch right now so I can plead hangover tomorrow.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I considered that but raging hangover is more in keeping with my medical history. Plus I've already laid down some pretty convincing ground work this evening.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I considered that but raging hangover is more in keeping with my medical history. Plus I've already laid down some pretty convincing ground work this evening.

Just don't try to fake a fever! ... [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsPpAGB9MU[/URL] (Sorry don't know how to embed on iPad)

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Ah crap. I need some HELP!

Just got informed by the little lady that I'm going to the in laws for dinner tomorrow. These in laws, heathens really, don't have the golf channel (I know, I know) so I need to know when NBC coverage takes over so I can try to plan ( manipulate) things so I can catch the finish of this.

I say we try a truth experiment.  And please, have a camera ready so we can see the look on her face.

Regarding the tournament, I don't think there is any bigger indication of the "old Tiger" being back than the way he's putting so much better than the field.  How many good putters did we see miss one or several "easy" putts under 8 feet today for birdie and par?  Tiger seemed to miss none.  He really is amazing, like none other, when he's executing like this.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by jbishop15

Listening to Miller about Tiger only hitting cuts is infuriating. For one, he's a professional golfer: he knows how to hit a draw. Two, he's Tiger freaking Woods! I think he knows what he's doing.

I missed that bit - what did Miller say exactly?  Later in the day, on TGC, someone (Chambliss?) said that T. was basically only hitting cuts (no draws) and that this is a big part of his current high level of confidence.   He has almost completely eliminated the miss to the left (is this true?) and so can deal with certain dangerous situations better than anyone.  He certainly wasn't implying that Tiger is incapable of hitting a draw, not to me anyway.  Was Miller implying this in your view?

It is clear that Tiger now expects to make putts in the 15-25 ft range, I mean genuinely so.  He is disappointed when he misses (usually not by much) in a way that indicates his confidence.  I haven't seen this in him since the glory days.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!