IGNORED

Tiger and Lindsey Vonn are Dating

ace3g
Note:Β This thread is 4049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchott View Post

It's strange to see Tiger being so open about this. He's super private but is probably just feeding the press what they want. In a way I think these photo's are almost tongue-in-cheek, telling the press to go screw themselves. They are so posed and plastic that they are the antithesis of a paparazzi shot.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.Β  The guy can't win....Majors

Fixed! See what you did there.

If I were Woods, I would resist the temptation to go skiing. All it takes is one little snag on an edge and bam, a good twist to the knee. Snowboarding is a little better, but the wrists get the brunt of fall. Dude could have just datedΒ Natalie Coughlin instead. Nothing much can go wrong in a pool.

There's something about the golf, tennis, skiing triumvirate:

McIlroy, Wozniacki, Woods, Vonn, Norman, Evert (who also dated or married a skier), Lendl (golf nut, scratch),

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It doesn't look like Elin is suffering too much on her rebound either and she's getting in another dig on Tiger. Β  Β  Apparently her new boyfriend, coal billionaire Chris Cline, has a yacht that is larger than Tigers, and to rub it in it is berthed right in front of Tiger's "Privacy".

Tiger's is the one on the right, and Cline's "Mine Games" is on the left.Β Β Β Β  I love the one upmanship with billionaires and their toys.

Outside magazine** had a cover story on Lindsey Vonn a few months back that was quite interesting.Β  She looked much prettier and more feminineΒ in the photos she posed for that article (and in many other photos I've seen of her in the past) than she looked in those photos with Tiger.

Like Danica Patrick, I think she often looks best just in her sports attire, not all glammed-up.

The article stated that she was a whole lot better than just one of the top three female skiers, as someone above mentioned - it said she was the greatest female skier of all time and it was only a matter of time before she surpassed Ingemar Stenmark as the greatest skier of either gender in history (pre-knee injury statement).

The interview started offΒ with her trainingΒ in California at a gym she goes to that is used byΒ world class professional athletes including a number of professional boxers and NFL Pro Bowlers.Β  They have a seniority system there as to who gets to determine what music is played through the gym's speakers, with the top dog jock in the gym at the time getting that privilege.Β  Apparently no matter whose music is playing, no matter that its a 300lb NFL lineman, when Vonn walks through the doors, he goes to the audio system and deferentially unplugs his iPod to allow Lindsey to plug hers in - she is recognized as the alpha athlete at that gym.

She has the height of a Victoria's Secret model (5'10"), almost has the looks of one,

but outweighs those models by a good 60 pounds (she's 170).Β  Given that she probably has less body fat than a typical model, that's almost all muscle.Β  She is an extraordinarily strong, fit athlete, the only female skier in history who is strong enough to beΒ able to use men's racing skis, which if controlled properly, can be faster and edge harder than women's racing skis leading to greater control, which is aΒ major reasonΒ behind Vonn's most recent wins.

Maybe one of the factors that she has in common with Tiger is the manner of the disolution of their marriages.Β  Although Lindsey denies anything "bad" happened to cause the end of her marriage to her coach Thomas Vonn, as well as their professional relationship, his actions afterwards suggest otherwise.Β  Thomas Vonn, a former Olympic skier himself, was not just Lindsey's coach but her equipment technician and he was compulsive about equipment tweaks to all of the myriad boot, binding and ski settings and options, keeping many notebooks recording all of those settings at various practices and races, always trying for the perfect adjustment to optimize Lindsey's performance.Β  Apparently after their "it's over" talk, when Lindsey next checked her equipment, she discovered that he had changed and zeroed-out all of her settings and taken every last notebook and record of his equipment adjustments out the door with him when he left.Β  I don't think someone does that when the reason for the divorce is "we've just grown apart."

**Β  I'm not sure why I have a subscription to Outside - I think I got it as a free promotion.Β  It is a mostly ridiculous magazine, usually featuring a couple of articles on some ultra-thrill-seeking wacko mountain climbers or round-the-world kayakers who succeeded in their sports, along with a couple of articles on idiot ultra-thrill-seeking wacko advernturists who died or had catastrophe happen to them in their favorite activities.Β  As far as I can tell, the only real difference between the people the magazine considers heroes and the ones they consider idiots is that the latter were unlucky and died while the former lived doing their altogether stupidly dangerous activities.

• Upvote 1

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg.Β SΒ flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW -Β Vokey 58 deg.Β SWΒ -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Apparently Tiger and Lindsey are both Rolex ambassadors. Β Maybe that's how they got together.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

Apparently Tiger and Lindsey are both Rolex ambassadors. Β Maybe that's how they got together.

I read that they probably got together because Lindsey Vonn was giving Tiger's kids skiing lessons.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio:Β bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike:Β VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist:Β 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey:Β Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron:Β Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear:Β 

Originally Posted by k-troop

The photo in white in my post above is from a Rolex ad.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg.Β SΒ flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW -Β Vokey 58 deg.Β SWΒ -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by nevets88

If I were Woods, I would resist the temptation to go skiing. All it takes is one little snag on an edge and bam, a good twist to the knee. Snowboarding is a little better, but the wrists get the brunt of fall. Dude could have just datedΒ Natalie Coughlin instead. Nothing much can go wrong in a pool.

There's something about the golf, tennis, skiing triumvirate:

McIlroy, Wozniacki, Woods, Vonn, Norman, Evert (who also dated or married a skier), Lendl (golf nut, scratch),

Andy Mills?

Also Garcia and Hingis, aren't Petr Korda's daughters all serious golfers (pro or NCAA)?

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Wansteadimp

Also Garcia and Hingis, aren't Petr Korda's daughters all serious golfers (pro or NCAA)?

I watched Jessica Korda play two holes at last year's U.S.Β Women'sΒ Open - she tied for 39th.Β  But she beat Stacy Lewis and others in a playoff to win the 2012 Women's Australian Open.

Considering that her dad made over $10 million on the ATP tour before he retired facing a ban for steroid use, you'd think he could have afforded to pay for some braces for her - she's gotΒ a horrible overbite.

Originally Posted by Wisguy

I watched Jessica Korda play two holes at last year's U.S.Β Women'sΒ Open - she tied for 39th.Β  But she beat Stacy Lewis and others in a playoff to win the 2012 Women's Australian Open.

Considering that her dad made over $10 million on the ATP tour before he retired facing a ban for steroid use, you'd think he could have afforded to pay for some braces for her - she's gotΒ a horrible overbite.

She played really well this week - finished 4th or 5th I believe - and I want to say that she was wearing braces.Β  I don't really remember though.Β  Her legs were a lot more noticeable.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

She played really well this week - finished 4th or 5th I believe - and I want to say that she was wearing braces.Β  I don't really remember though.Β  Her legs were a lot more noticeable.

She does have legs that go up to ... there.Β Β Β  She's really tall - wikipedia has her at 5'11" but she looked at least 6" in person when she walked by about 15 feet away from me.

Originally Posted by nevets88

Snowboarding is a little better, but the wrists get the brunt of fall.

You're crazy!Β  My wife thinks the same thing.Β  She won't try skiing no matter how hard I try and persuade her.Β  "Too many different moving pieces" she says.Β  I tend to think that having both feet strapped to the same board provides a lot less control and a much higher chance at a serious injury.Β  However, I will concede that snowboarding would be safer specifically for knee injuries.Β  (For the record, I have done both, and they're both a lot of fun, but I much prefer skiing)

Quote:

It doesn't look like Elin is suffering too much on her rebound either and she's getting in another dig on Tiger. Β  Β  Apparently her new boyfriend, coal billionaire Chris Cline, has a yacht that is larger than Tigers, and to rub it in it is berthed right in front of Tiger's "Privacy".

Tiger's is the one on the right, and Cline's "Mine Games" is on the left.Β Β Β Β  I love the one upmanship with billionaires and their toys.

But they're both smaller than yours, right?? Sorry, but the coal billionaire not only wins for being a tad bigger, but having an awesome, punny name. Mine Games?Β  Very clever.

OT, but both of those penis extenders are dwarfed by this one that was parked outside the restaurant we had breakfast in last weekend on the Cape Town waterfront.

"Tatoosh", 300 and something feet, the smaller (!) of Paul Allen's two runabouts.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

OT, but both of those penis extenders are dwarfed by this one that was parked outside the restaurant we had breakfast in last weekend on the Cape Town waterfront.

"Tatoosh", 300 and something feet, the smaller (!) of Paul Allen's two runabouts.

Tatoosh is pretty cool, and she is for sale if you're interested at a price of about 120 million Euros. Β  She was in San Diego a few years ago and we took our boat up alongside for a good view.Β Β  On the port side she carries a 44 foot sailboat as one of her deck toys (you can see the black mast sticking up in your picture.

There is a cool website called marinetraffic.com/AIS where you can find out where ships and large yachts are at any given time.Β Β  For the fun of it, I just looked up Tiger's "Privacy" and she is just entering the channel in West Palm Beach after departing Miami Beach earlier.Β Β  But the funny thing is only a 1/4 mile in front of Privacy is "Mine Games" which looks like it just came in from the Bahamas!Β Β Β  I wonder if Elin is on the top deck giving the finger to Tiger and Lindsey as it passed in front!

Originally Posted by Stretch

Good lord!Β  Clambake already mentioned the sailboat, and I see it ... but why does it also look there are military aircraft on the rear of the top deck?Β  (Looks like a mini SR-71 in grey with a red missile underneath it) :)Β  Also, pretty sure that little "dingy" there on the near (Starboard? - I'm not a mariner ) side is bigger than any boat I've ever been in.

I watched Jessica Korda play two holes at last year's U.S.Β Women'sΒ Open - she tied for 39th.Β  But she beat Stacy Lewis and others in a playoff to win the 2012 Women's Australian Open. Considering that her dad made over $10 million on the ATP tour before he retired facing a ban for steroid use, you'd think he could have afforded to pay for some braces for her - she's gotΒ a horrible overbite.

Petr and steroids? Never knew that. Wasn't he thin as a stick?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note:Β This thread is 4049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!