nevets88

My Swing (nevets88)

852 posts / 89947 viewsLast Reply

Figured some things out with longer clubs and in general, not closing face, flexing lead wrist from 4 enough, especially with longer clubs, also neglected to extend body and let the arms go from A6, A6.5 for a long time, so it's a tricky thing to keep the arms, clubhead behind you from A4 to A5, A5.5 and then let them go. Feels totally out of control. I also think I finally learned how to brace properly on the faster swings. Still feels uncomfortable to go to full finish so will shorten it up for now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of my goals for 2020 I think was to figure out Key #4. The trace of the club head from DTL go directly to the ball, not behind/under it, from A4 to A7 - can do it now, like with this 6 iron, but definitely not 7/10 times on the range let alone the course and it’s way, way, harder with the driver and longer clubs but it’s a small step forward. 

One thing that’s I guess kind of obvious, yes, shallow from A4 is a good thing, but at some point in the DS, you stop shallowing and steepening occurs. I think I’m finally understanding this, athletically, from  a movement, sub conscious POV.

Just now, billchao said:

Swing is looking good, @nevets88. Have you been getting out to play?

Not as much as I’d like, so it’s been mixed results on the course. 

Swinging harder with mixed results. Still early extend when going faster, but thinking left hip behind and right shoulder to ball helps stay in inclination. 

In reference to turn drill post, when I try the feeling in the video up straight.

Now throw in hands behind.

I noticed I'm cutting across the ball not sure how to get it more in to out, maybe more weight forward. This turned left, but because equipment toe hit effect, slow down video, it's going out to in.

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I noticed I'm cutting across the ball not sure how to get it more in to out, maybe more weight forward.

Or the sticks… 😉

18 hours ago, nevets88 said:

In reference to turn drill post, when I try the feeling in the video up straight.

Now throw in hands behind.

I noticed I'm cutting across the ball not sure how to get it more in to out, maybe more weight forward. This turned left, but because equipment toe hit effect, slow down video, it's going out to in.

One feel I rehearse is to go from A1 to A5. I want to feel steep at A3 and flatter at A5 (think Jim Furyk). I also want my hands going out from the top instead of down. This puts my elbow in front too. The feel in the hands is my left index finger pushing down in transition. @billchao does this too, A1 to A5 with elbow in front. My instructor also referred to is as feeling like the club head is dropping straight down from the top.

I my mind, I thought if I swing out, I would miss the ball or heel it. But I was surprised that in doing it I still make good contact. It is because as my arms go more out, my hands adjust by flattening the shaft more and getting on plane.

Try it. Think swinging out. Visually at A6 in the rehearsal, my hands are way over the ball as I look at the ball. In the real swing they just go on plane. Another video clue is at A6, your left arm should be out towards the ball and not straight down.

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

One feel I rehearse is to go from A1 to A5. I want to feel steep at A3 and flatter at A5 (think Jim Furyk). I also want my hands going out from the top instead of down. This puts my elbow in front too. The feel in the hands is my left index finger pushing down in transition. @billchao does this too, A1 to A5 with elbow in front. My instructor also referred to is as feeling like the club head is dropping straight down from the top.

I my mind, I thought if I swing out, I would miss the ball or heel it. But I was surprised that in doing it I still make good contact. It is because as my arms go more out, my hands adjust by flattening the shaft more and getting on plane.

Try it. Think swinging out. Visually at A6 in the rehearsal, my hands are way over the ball as I look at the ball. In the real swing they just go on plane. Another video clue is at A6, your left arm should be out towards the ball and not straight down.

Thanks @boogielicious, a lot of that is actually what I am thinking, steep going up and shallow going down. I'll give it go.

I hate driver. I hate this bloody club so much. Still cutting.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:28 PM, iacas said:

Or the sticks… 😉

Doh, I just read this. I will break out the PVC.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I hate driver. I hate this bloody club so much. Still cutting.

Hover your club or address the ball on the toe.

34 minutes ago, billchao said:

I did a mix of this the last 3-4 driving holes that I played, with great effect. Much straighter (still fading) and less spin for whatever reason (goes a bit longer too).

On 7/26/2020 at 9:28 PM, iacas said:

Or the sticks… 😉

My lame excuse is I got lazy and fell out of using them. My mistake, lol. I should listen to @iacas,

9 hours ago, iacas said:

01.jpg

What a difference those sticks make! I think it would be good if my hips were more open at 6 though.

3EC3C140-8E33-45D8-B15C-97376D5F40C8.jpeg36709B08-6B6A-4B95-9D33-0318B9178AD2.jpeg

How long is that driver? It looks like it's at least 48"....

On 7/31/2020 at 2:10 PM, billchao said:

Hmmm? What's this supposed to do?