IGNORED

Stevie Williams and the Winning Putt

zipazoid
Note: This thread is 4017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by canadianpro

Williams is a typical Kiwi and Scott is not a typical Aussie. Normally both nationalities are known for being outspoken, rude and sexist which I believe suits the caddie but not the player. Nothing derogatory....just the facts.

Williams is NOT a typical Kiwi - I can guarantee you that.

Most of us Kiwis are embarrassed by him for his attitude and loud mouth.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Spyder

I am not exactly sure how you jumped to the conclusion that I'm a Tiger woods fan for laughing at Stevie. If you want me to be really blunt, the guy is an a-hole and as really crappy behavior. How that makes me an "Angry Tiger Fan" is beyond me though.

You never said you were laughing at him, you said you would have never jumped in and celebrate with Adam Scott like he did.

Anyways, If your not a angry Tiger fan then don't take it to heart.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

My issue with Williams is he's made himself a minor celebrity purely through boorish behavior. Tonight there's a story on ESPN.com about how, in his opinion, Woods should've been DQd for the drop incident.

Whatever a caddie thinks about anything that involves a player other than the one he currently works for should not be newsworthy. However, ESPN blows this up because they know it'll get hits due to people's general dislike for Williams.

Everything related to this thread and all "news" stories involving Williams can be traced back to him being a jerk.

John

Originally Posted by ditchparrot19

My issue with Williams is he's made himself a minor celebrity purely through boorish behavior. Tonight there's a story on ESPN.com about how, in his opinion, Woods should've been DQd for the drop incident.

Whatever a caddie thinks about anything that involves a player other than the one he currently works for should not be newsworthy. However, ESPN blows this up because they know it'll get hits due to people's general dislike for Williams.

Everything related to this thread and all "news" stories involving Williams can be traced back to him being a jerk.

That pretty much sums it up! It has nothing to do with how he celebrated on Sunday but more the fact that you hate him for throwing jabs at Eldrick in the past.

I had DVR'd it and reviewed it tonight! It's beyond obvious that SW made an attempt to stand back and let Adam celebrate. At one point Adam was looking around for someone to hug, SW realized this and stepped in a second time giving him a genuine hug!

After reviewing the tape this thread is nothing more than an attack on Steve Williams based on nothing but pure jealousy and anger that he is celebrating and Tiger is not,,,Pretty F-ing Childish!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go on,, Hack away at him like idiots! But just realize the more you attack him the more you are just like him!

To be clear, I am a huge Adam Scott fan, I could care less about Steve Williams. If Williams would have acted out of line like he did at the WGC then I could understand someone starting a thread like this but that was far from the case and some of you need to grow up a little!

Have a Good Night!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Originally Posted by canadianpro

Williams is a typical Kiwi and Scott is not a typical Aussie. Normally both nationalities are known for being outspoken, rude and sexist which I believe suits the caddie but not the player. Nothing derogatory....just the facts.

Nice, lumping NZ and Australia together is like call lumping Canucks and Americans together!   Facts= totally unsubstantiated personal opinion- in this case.

Being outspoken or forthright does not necessarily equal rude or sexist. Odd how NZ was the first country in the world to have women voting and have far a far greater % of female members of parliament than either the US or Canada.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, possibly a little bit misguided there to say that Kiwis are known as being outspoken, rude and sexist.  I've certainly never heard us described like that, quite the opposite actually.  In my experience people the world over adore Kiwis.

Aussies however, you can say what you like about them! (as a Kiwi, I'm allowed to say that hah!)

I e-mailed my Aussie friends after the win to congratulate them.  I said I like Adam Scott but not his caddie so much.  They asked why.  I said, he is a Kiwi with a big mouth and a bit of a jerk.  They said, "You had us at Kiwi".

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I e-mailed my Aussie friends after the win to congratulate them.  I said I like Adam Scott but not his caddie so much.  They asked why.  I said, he is a Kiwi with a big mouth and a bit of a jerk.  They said, "You had us at Kiwi".

Coming from a Bostonite!

Originally Posted by Parker0065

After reviewing the tape this thread is nothing more than an attack on Steve Williams based on nothing but pure jealousy and anger that he is celebrating and Tiger is not,,,Pretty F-ing Childish!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do say.

So, because I started this thread with the observation that I think he's an attention wh*re (prove he's not) means I have nothing but jealousy & anger over Scott winning & Tiger not.

That's amazing. Can you tell me the winning Powerball numbers while you're at it?

Bostonian not Bostonite.  We are eloquent in our vociferousness!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by zipazoid

So, because I started this thread with the observation that I think he's an attention wh*re (prove he's not)

In this case - he was not an attention *****. In other cases - yes he was.

The obvious proof is in the video of the win and the situation that occurred before the putt.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Williams is NOT a typical Kiwi - I can guarantee you that.

Most of us Kiwis are embarrassed by him for his attitude and loud mouth.

Love it....thx for sharing this insight.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

In this case - he was not an attention *****. In other cases - yes he was.

The obvious proof is in the video of the win and the situation that occurred before the putt.

So the video is proof to me that he is an attention wh*re & it's proof to you that he's not.

Fair enough.

That pretty much sums it up! It has nothing to do with how he celebrated on Sunday but more the fact that you hate him for throwing jabs at Eldrick in the past.

I had DVR'd it and reviewed it tonight! It's beyond obvious that SW made an attempt to stand back and let Adam celebrate. At one point Adam was looking around for someone to hug, SW realized this and stepped in a second time giving him a genuine hug!

So go on,, Hack away at him like idiots! But just realize the more you attack him the more you are just like him!

To be clear, I am a huge Adam Scott fan, I could care less about Steve Williams. If Williams would have acted out of line like he did at the WGC then I could understand someone starting a thread like this but that was far from the case and some of you need to grow up a little!

Have a Good Night!

Well, since you reviewed the tape then its obvious you know what your talking about. Not! I am in no way a Tiger fan (although I don't dislike him either). My first hints of dislike for SW came about while he was still under Tiger's employ. I think he's a dick because...well... it's pretty much been proven that he is, in fact, a dick! It has nothing to do what-so-ever with Tiger Woods.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Bostonian not Bostonite.  We are eloquent in our vociferousness!

Nice word use! Not often I have to break out the dictionary. Now all I have to do today is find a way to use that word!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Oh, save your Woods-worship B.S.! I don't give a rat's patooey about what he's said about Tiger in the past. I don't have a real high regard for Mr. Woods as a person, either.

I don't like Williams because of the way he treats people and because he tries to make himself a bigger part of the overall scene than is warranted. End of story.

John

Originally Posted by zipazoid

So the video is proof to me that he is an attention wh*re & it's proof to you that he's not.

Fair enough.

So if you were in SW's situation - what would you do? You just read a putt after getting asked for help - and you give the read, the putt goes in for the masters win - and your players first career Major after a 2 hole playoff?

Shake his hand? Stand on the edge of the green?

If my caddie did that I would wonder what the hell he is caddying for - because it would show that they don't give a shit about it at all.

So if you were in SW's situation - what would you do? You just read a putt after getting asked for help - and you give the read, the putt goes in for the masters win - and your players first career Major after a 2 hole playoff?

Shake his hand? Stand on the edge of the green?

If my caddie did that I would wonder what the hell he is caddying for - because it would show that they don't give a shit about it at all.

I think if you read the thread in its entirety you will see most people don't really have an issue with his behavior with Adam Scott at the Masters. Its more of a complete picture type of deal. If he wasn't a total ass all the time then I don't think people would have even noticed his behavior at the Masters.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Originally Posted by NM Golf

I think if you read the thread in its entirety you will see most people don't really have an issue with his behavior with Adam Scott at the Masters. Its more of a complete picture type of deal. If he wasn't a total ass all the time then I don't think people would have even noticed his behavior at the Masters.

I know SW is a d-bag most of the time - but zipazoid and I are talking about the video of the 'winning putt'

Note: This thread is 4017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!