• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
walk18

2013 RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Discussion Thread

walk18    34
This is one of my favorite tournaments that unfortunately gets overlooked because its right after the Masters (yes the Masters is over now people). Maybe I'm partial because I've been there and I love the course and the area. Shotmaking not length counts here, and the setting is perfect. My pick is Luke Donald. Who ya got?

mvmac    1,760

Brandt Snedeker trying to get over the Masters loss

Quote:

“Sunday night was tough,” said Snedeker, three days removed from a final-round 75 that dropped him from a share of the lead into a sixth-place finish at the Masters. “Anytime you have a chance to win a major championship and you don't do it, especially the Masters, my kind of favorite tournament, a tournament I'd give my whole career to win, it’s tough.

“If it's not tough, then I need to find another job.”

Snedeker’s job this week is the RBC Heritage, which is about as much therapeutic treatment as he could ask for.

For one, Harbour Town Golf Links and the surrounding area is as laid back as it gets. For another, he’s won here before, having beaten Luke Donald in a playoff two years ago.

It also beats the alternative of sitting around and listening to talking heads dissect every moment of every minute of last week’s Masters.

“You kind of turn a blind eye to it,” Snedeker said. “You don’t seek out the Golf Channel.

“(Being here) definitely gets it out of my mind. I did a lot of great stuff last week, but I need to get my head around what I need to do to play well.”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

jetsknicks1    60
Ted Potter Jr. He's from the same town I live in and he and my son played on the same high school team.

JetFan1983    476
Originally Posted by jamo

Brian Davis is in the lead after day 1. He won here in 2010 too.

Remember he lost in a playoff to Furyk that year after taking a penalty on the first playoff hole (moving loose impediments in a hazard)?

Edit : Spelled "loose" wrong. I was just so eager to correct Jamo

jamo    701
Remember he lost in a playoff to Furyk that year after taking a penalty on the first playoff hole (moving lose impediments in a hazard)?

:doh: Doy! I remembered he was involved with something like that, looked at his Wikipedia page, saw the title of the tournament, and assumed he had won. Guess I should have realized it was under lost playoffs.

Rick Martin    53

Wow - what a difference a week makes. Not much discussion about this week's tour event. Not a major, no Tiger, no Phil, no Rory. No Guan. No interest?

mvmac    1,760
Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Wow - what a difference a week makes. Not much discussion about this week's tour event. Not a major, no Tiger, no Phil, no Rory. No Guan. No interest?

Masters hangover lol

Saw this on FB, thought it was interesting

clarkeycats    4
Massive Masters hangover! I'll be honest, I've never taken much notice of the RBC in the past because of the Masters. Watched yesterday and it looks a beautiful course. Agree that Lukey D will do well, it looks like a course where you need to be epic around the greens, will suit him to the ground. He struggled a little yesterday, but seems to be back on the ball today. Would like to see JD-ier do well.

Rick Martin    53

Watching a few minutes of round two: there's some ugly golf being played there (Leishman jailed in the trees, hitting over port-o-johns and concession tents....ended up hitting over people and hit a lady who's now spread eagled out - but has a signed glove to show for it)......Brian Davis chunking pitch shots into sand trap, Snedeker probably missing the cut, Carl Pettersson shooting a 39 on the frontside........

Then there's Streelman....Seriously.

Zwick    18

They suspended play right before Parnevik could hit his par putt on 18. Because of this, it's still unsure if the cut will be at +1 or +2, about 15 guys will have to wait until tommorrow to see, if he makes that putt. These 15 players really will be pissed if Parnevik makes that putt in the morning.

Bad timing right there...

walk18    34
Watching a few minutes of round two: there's some ugly golf being played there (Leishman jailed in the trees, hitting over port-o-johns and concession tents....ended up hitting over people and hit a lady who's now spread eagled out - but has a signed glove to show for it)......Brian Davis chunking pitch shots into sand trap, Snedeker probably missing the cut, Carl Pettersson shooting a 39 on the frontside........ Then there's Streelman....Seriously.

"Seriously?" Haha. If he wins we'll get to hear all about Jesus again.

Golfingdad    1,850
They suspended play right before Parnevik could hit his par putt on 18. Because of this, it's still unsure if the cut will be at +1 or +2, about 15 guys will have to wait until tommorrow to see, if he makes that putt. These 15 players really will be pissed if Parnevik makes that putt in the morning. Bad timing right there...

Well he makes the cut either way right? And he's probably not winning anyway ... Maybe bring some goodwill his way from those 15 guys if he just lags it up there in the morning. ;)