IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Outstanding!

If you find a good fresh Italian sausage that you really like, don't forget, you can just buy the links and slice open the casings.......voila, ground sausage.

Yep, a pretty well known trick, use it all the time.

Tonight I had roasted lamb sandwiches. Few slices of roasted leg of lamb on fresh sourdough bread, with caramelized onions and garlic Au Jus. Butter the bread, put the sandwich together and cook like a toasted cheese, in a nonstick pan. One of my better creations.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

If you find a good fresh Italian sausage that you really like, don't forget, you can just buy the links and slice open the casings.......voila, ground sausage.

I considered doing that as well. Didn't want to mess with it though and thought the pre-formed patty idea would make some sense.

Recipe is easy and is at realdeepdish.com.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Alright, it's not haute cuisine, but it was cold, rainy, and raw down here last night.  That calls for one of our favorite comfort foods....

MEATLOAF!  With mashed potatoes and green beans.....no fancy fresh haricot verts, green freakin' beans, right outa the damn can!

Mmmmmmmm.....!! :banana:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Cold and rainy?  That's grilling weather here in Boston!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Alright, it's not haute cuisine, but it was cold, rainy, and raw down here last night.  That calls for one of our favorite comfort foods....

MEATLOAF!  With mashed potatoes and green beans.....no fancy fresh haricot verts, green freakin' beans, right outa the damn can!

Mmmmmmmm.....!!

I'm guessing that everything tastes better on that plate from Spain!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Hell, might even take the cover off the pool!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm guessing that everything tastes better on that plate from Spain!

Yeah, I use the heck out of that thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Hell, might even take the cover off the pool!

We haven't been able to swim for 4 or 5 weeks now.  That's just brutal.....completely unacceptable!   Thankfully, we can fire up the hot tub to get us all the way through to the February warm-up..... :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Pork loin and cabbage. Slow cooked in large pot with two medium bay leaves. Water to cover and add two bottles of stout. Quarter the cabbage and jam down the sides of the pot 25 minutes before serving. I'm Cherokee the wife is German. I let her do the cooking. Go figure.

• 1 month later...

Had a hankerin' for some ribs. 4 hours at low temp with a nice home made dry rub: Then another half hour with a store bought Apple Butter BBQ sauce finished with a quick broil. Sauce was a little too sweet for my tastes, might just stick with the dry rub next time around. Fall off the bone tender though. Mmmmmm

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Sauce was a little too sweet for my tastes, might just stick with the dry rub next time around. Fall off the bone tender though.

Those look great! That's the reason I usually do dry rub only. In fact, my wife and I have perfected "Rendezvous style" ribs (for anyone who's been there). They are dry rub only and grilled at about 400 for about an hour. I doubted it was possible to make great ribs in that amount of time. You definitely don't get as much smoke, but just as tender, and really delicious.

Tyler Martin

Let's see ... the most recent thing I made that I have a picture of is chicken pot pie. I'm not good at placing the crust, apparently, but it all tasted great.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Those look great! That's the reason I usually do dry rub only. In fact, my wife and I have perfected "Rendezvous style" ribs (for anyone who's been there). They are dry rub only and grilled at about 400 for about an hour. I doubted it was possible to make great ribs in that amount of time. You definitely don't get as much smoke, but just as tender, and really delicious.

Really? Are the covered? Mine go for about 3.5 to 4 hours at around 275-300*. I used to boil then broil because that's how I learned back in my restaurant job days. Then I started to steam instead of boil , but both those methods suck IMO. Low and slow has been the best method I've found.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Would you mind sharing that recipe?

I would love to try it.

:beer:

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

[QUOTE name="geauxforbroke" url="/t/67232/whats-for-dinner/216#post_959690"]   Those look great! That's the reason I usually do dry rub only. In fact, my wife and I have perfected "Rendezvous style" ribs (for anyone who's been there). They are dry rub only and grilled at about 400 for about an hour. I doubted it was possible to make great ribs in that amount of time. You definitely don't get as much smoke, but just as tender, and really delicious. [/QUOTE] Would you mind sharing that recipe? I would love to try it. :beer:

I'll try to dig it up when I get home. I know I have the recipe somewhere.

Tyler Martin

Rendezvous Ribs:

Dry rub:

8 parts paprika

4 parts garlic powder

4 parts chili powder

3 parts salt

1.5 parts whole mustard seed

1 part crushed celery seed

1 part whole celery seed

1 part dried oregano

1 part dried thyme

1 part whole allspice

.5 part ground allspice

1 part whole coriander seed

.5 part ground coriander

.5 part Ac'cent seasoning (basically MSG, you can leave this out if you can't find it or have an issue with it)

Optional:

.5 parts cayenne

1 part light brown sugar

Basting liquid:

6 tablespoons of dry rub

1/2 cup while vinegar (apple cider is a nice alternative)

1/2 cup water

4 tablespoons ketchup or BBQ sauce (I prefer ketchup)

Ribs:

The basting liquid is enough for two regular sized slabs. Rendezvous ribs are traditionally baby backs, but I prefer St. Louis ribs because they are generally meatier and have a higher fat content. Either work well.

Method:

Depending on your grill, you may need to create an indirect heating area. If you have a large grill where the grate is 18+ inches away from the fire, you should be ok. Otherwise, you'll fight flareups and indirect heating is best. Get your grill heated up to about 350 degrees. Place the ribs on the grill and mop liberally with the basting liquid. Every 15 minutes, mop the ribs and flip. They should be ready in 60 - 75 minutes. When the ribs are tender, give them another mop, then sprinkle liberally with dry rub.

A few tips:

You can also do these on a broiler rack in the oven at 400 degrees. The best way to mop them is to cut a 1 foot square out of an old t shirt, ball it up on the end of a wooden spoon, and wrap with rubber bands or a zip tie to keep it on the spoon.

We've done these a handful of times, always with great results. The cooking time is pretty approximate. Baby backs will cook a little faster, and it all depends on how hot your grill is, and how much heat you lose during mopping.

• Upvote 1

Tyler Martin

Thanks for the recipe @geauxforbroke That will be this weekend's diversion since we got snow yesterday - third weekend in a row golf has been snowed out.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!