IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

See the bold? With a shorter course, perhaps on some of the bad tee shot holes, you wouldn't be hitting driver and would have been "safe"...and on the duffed chips, you may have been hitting a wedge to the green instead of a 6 iron, and would have been putting instead of chipping. Length can definitely affect it more than you think.

Here's the thing, My score was basically the same as it is on shorter courses if I did the same things wrong. I rarely, if ever, hit something besides driver on a hole that's 300+ yards unless it's a forced lay up because of a dogleg or hazard.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is a par 5 on the back, can't remember what number, that angles to the right. That was my blow up hole. It just didn't fit my eye because the trees block a drive to the right and a straight driver or draw/hook is OB. I tried to fade it and hit a big push slice that went into the pond there, I dropped behind the water, pull hook ob, dropped again pushed one and landed in the water, dropped again and played to fairway. Pitched on the green and 2 putted for 10.... I didn't do the smart play and hit to the fairway on the first drop, I went for the green to try to save par instead which cost me way too much. Just a bad decision from start to finish on that hole. Back 9 kind of fell apart because we started to have to wait after every shot and that really throws me off.

*** crap should have put this response in with the quote

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

You forgot about the Gold tees. I forget what the yardage is, but I played those with the old farts in league last Tuesday. You don't hit driver on #5?

Having played with @Jeremie Boop, his driver doesn't get him in too much trouble. It mistreats him from time to time, but not enough to leave it in the bag. I would tend to agree if he was hitting it all over the course.

My favorite @Jeremie Boop moment was him hooking a drive two fairways over on a 350 yard par 4...followed by a re-tee, which was struck about 10 yards short of the green. He was so pumped/livid with that shot haha

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

My favorite @Jeremie Boop moment was him hooking a drive two fairways over on a 350 yard par 4...followed by a re-tee, which was struck about 10 yards short of the green. He was so pumped/livid with that shot haha

Yeah, the conflicting emotions on shots like that are interesting.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yea, still looking into that one. Added a few more data points (up to 37 drives now), the Shot Zone has gotten smaller. Depends on the day, like Sunday I had a 6 out of 12 drives that were not more than 15 yards off the target line. Then the other six ranged from 30-50 yards off target . So I am not sure if I should include some of the BIG block shots to the right or not. When I was developing my Shot Zone, I am one shot short of 80% inclusion, and my shot area is now down to +/- 40 yards. So 80 yard spread. I do say my big miss is the BIG block right. There are a lot more big misses that way.  Yea it isn't on the scorecard online. I play from the whites.  Yea I don't play #5 with a driver. That water on the right comes into play way too much. If I am left, then I am driving right into a thick set of trees. I rather lay back on that hole. Really I don't like that hole, very much :-P

Kinda figured you would get to the 12 tee box and chip over. ;-) What did you think of Kittyhawk @Jeremie Boop ?

- Shane

Kinda figured you would get to the 12 tee box and chip over.

What did you think of Kittyhawk @Jeremie Boop?

I liked it, now that I have a better idea of where the right places are to hit I wouldn't mind playing it again. Since there isn't anything around here that is nice enough to warrant you guys driving up here besides hidden creek and hawthorne, I assume I'll be driving that way all the time.

The greens gave me a little trouble, I kept reading too much break, then when I adjusted for that I wasn't reading enough break. My speed was pretty much on all day except for a couple longer putts.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Hmm... Not sure that would be financially prudent as I finally have a good job, which I happen to love. I don't necessarily wish to have an hour commute to work either.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Kinda figured you would get to the 12 tee box and chip over.

What did you think of Kittyhawk @Jeremie Boop?

I like Kittyhawk. Played their with my uncle a couple times.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Ok, so I did a few videos from the course last night. Was struggling a bit but figured those are the best videos to put up. Toward the end of the time on the course I felt like I had a feel that was working and started hitting a lot more quality shots. First set of videos were the bad swings course obviously and the second set are from today at lunch with the "feel" I had last night.

I'm still struggling getting the videos to come out well on the course, hopefully the ones from today are better angle wise. It looks like I'm significantly more "centered" on my pivot which was what I was to work on.

Are these videos worth uploading to evolver *first or second set* or should I get to the range and hit some real balls for that?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Are these videos worth uploading to evolver *first or second set* or should I get to the range and hit some real balls for that?

That's easy.

Combine the two FO ones into one video. Do the same for the DL views.

Upload them both. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's easy.

The first set just doesn't look like the angle/viewable area is good for uploading. The one thing it does show on the FO is that my pivot is much better. Also, maybe I'm crazy, but the 2nd set look like much better swings. I actually really like the swing if I could get rid of that freaking FLIP!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

That's easy.

The first set just doesn't look like the angle/viewable area is good for uploading. The one thing it does show on the FO is that my pivot is much better. Also, maybe I'm crazy, but the 2nd set look like much better swings. I actually really like the swing if I could get rid of that freaking FLIP!

This is hard..  for me anyway.

I know from reading on here, one way to make changes is to exaggerate the proper move.  Trying to exaggerate hands forward at impact is not easy, probably because it is from doing things poorly before you get to that point.

It can be done though.. :-D I feel (thanks to all the help on here) that I have made significant improvement in this area.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

And when you do you'll be an 8.

Patience, man, and effort. You'll get there if you take the right roads and keep traveling on them.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And when you do you'll be an 8.

Patience, man, and effort. You'll get there if you take the right roads and keep traveling on them.

Only an 8? :-\

Just kidding, I probably would be pretty happy at an 8. I'm sure that's only how I feel now but when I get there I'll be unhappy and think my swing is crap still rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/67948/my-swing-jeremie-boop/200_100#post_1030113"] This is hard..  for me anyway. I know from reading on here, one way to make changes is to exaggerate the proper move.  Trying to exaggerate hands forward at impact is not easy, probably because it is from doing things poorly before you get to that point. It can be done though..:-D   I feel (thanks to all the help on here) that I have made significant improvement in this area. [/quote] Practice hitting balls with 1/4 swings, squeezing your elbows together all the way back and through. I find that's a good way to isolate impact and feel what's it like to hit the ball with a flat left wrist. You'll know you're doing it right by the sound the ball makes at impact. Nice crisp click. This will also help with center contact. Build up the swing from there, go to 1/2 swings making sure you still get that nice crisp click. Go back to 1/4 if necessary. By the time you can make a 3/4 swing with the same quality impact you'll be getting somewhere. I don't always get that quality of contact on the course but when I do the sound of impact is AWESOME.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Only an 8?

Just kidding, I probably would be pretty happy at an 8. I'm sure that's only how I feel now but when I get there I'll be unhappy and think my swing is crap still rofl.

To be clear, I meant if you ONLY fixed that, you'd be an 8. When you get there, you'll have other things to do that will make you a 6, then a 5, etc.

Just as a reference point, since I never uploaded the evolvr lesson I'm putting the before and after images of what I was to work on.

I was told to try and keep my left hip in place. Maybe I can move to my next piece in my progress. I'll be uploading the videos today I think.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: