IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm hoping it's just a matter of over thinking it and I've had a pretty crappy day.

That's probably it. Crap day will do it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Did you read the "Small Successes" chapter?

If you flip at 80%, don't practice doing it at 90%.

If you don't flip at 40%, practice at 40-45%. Then move up to 50%. Then 55%.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

<--- don't have LSW

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Wow! Why is this chapter not sounding familiar. Good thing I am re-reading.

@Jeremie Boop - GET IT!!!

- Shane

Wow! Why is this chapter not sounding familiar. Good thing I am re-reading.

@Jeremie Boop - GET IT!!!

Planned on buying one while up there next weekend. I assumed they had some up there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Cr@p. I recently read the book and I forget this gem already. Too much in the noggin'

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Did you read the "Small Successes" chapter? If you flip at 80%, don't practice doing it at 90%. If you don't flip at 40%, practice at 40-45%. Then move up to 50%. Then 55%.

This is on the forum, too. Can't remember off the top of my head, maybe the 5S practice thread?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have a feeling I was letting my emotions *aka anger* infect my swing last night adding tension and possibly amping up my swing speed as well. I had some bad news yesterday after work so it kind of got in my head. We'll see how it goes tonight at league and this weekend. I'll keep working on my drills too.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I lost it, already, I lost it. Didn't get to go play today so I just went back out to work on the swing thoughts and nothing but big flips every swing. Every feel I used yesterday fails.... Bad day got worse... back to the drawing board.

I'm no pro (as you're well aware of), but one thing that works no matter what muscle memory type activity you're doing...is starting slow and progressing in speed. What I would do is record yourself swinging slowly...slow enough to where you can control the "flip". Then keep slowly increasing the speed and rewatching...if you "lose it"...slow down again...then keep progressing until you're at full speed and swinging without the flip...without even thinking about it.

A technique I've used musically for about 20 years now.

EDIT: Didn't see there was a new page, and essentially just repeated what Erik said in a more redundant, less coherent manner. :doh:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Ok, so I went to get fitted for the g30 and buy it. After much fiddling I was set with the pro stiff flex 80 gr shaft on 9* head giving me carry of about 258 *skewed because the landing was on a hill so probably 265 carry* low 2000's spin with launch angle of 17*... So we call Ping for the estimated time for delivery 3 to 4 WEEKS!!!! Screw that, so we're talking about how crazy that is and I mention the bio cell +, he says "you want to hit that? I meant to bring it out at the start but forgot" I say "yeah, sure"..... Set the driver to 9.5 loft in the stiff flex..... same carry, 1700 spin and 16-17* launch angle.... I was averaging about 1.44 smash factor. He let me take it out on the course for league tonight and I had 2 or 3 drives over 300. SOLD!!!

So, I think the swing came back to me, I started rough because I tightened back up after sitting for 2 1/2 hours after hitting 200ish balls during the fitting. 12 over after 5, 1 over through the last 4.... 4th hole is 362 way uphill, have to hit it 210 to get to the top of the hill where it levels out. That part of the fairway is about 25 feet above the tee. My tee shot was about 60 yards from the green. I don't know how to factor in the height distance but it would have been a bit longer if the hole was flat. 7th hole is the water hole, I always seem to hit a good drive there because I know I have to carry 240 to clear the water. I probably had a 305 ish drive. Next hole is only 292 and I hit my 2 hybrid, hit it about 260ish, maybe a bit more....

Then I played the back night walking, shot 7 over. 90!! 35 putts all but 1 were 2 putts, several lip outs. Only had 7 of 18 greens. Back nine had one bad hole that I ended up with 8 on. Rest was par par bogey bogey birdie bogey bogey quad par. My clubs were going further than I expected, 9th hole I was 152 out in the rough and I choked down on an 8 iron that flew 170...

Not a bad night considering the start.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I've heard good things about the Bio Cell+. I just bought a couple golf shafts and Callaway adapters. Going to upgrade the Bertha :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I've heard good things about the Bio Cell+.

I just bought a couple golf shafts and Callaway adapters. Going to upgrade the Bertha

That mean you're selling the sldr?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

That mean you're selling the sldr?

Of course not. It's never a bad thing to have a backup :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Are we getting together for a round of golf this weekend?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Sounds good, hopefully there's a nice course somewhere midway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!