IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got my new evolvr back from the videos from Erie. 2 things mentioned and only one is really something that is "major".  The minor was I was a touch close to the ball at address. The major was that I'm rotating a big flat with my arms * think that's an accurate way to explain *. Picture of what he wants to see:

In a nutshell he would like my arms to be where the blue line is in order to get my right arm "unstuck" from my side and keep the club from crossing the line at the top. This is another good thing I can work on with just using a dtl video angle and working on the feel that = real to hit that position. I am really looking forward to this because that type of work has really helped me and been a lot easier to get changes to stick.

I'm thinking that will be a good fix for you. It's like you have a preset flip in the pic. Looks much better in the video.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep, you can do a lot of work in doors as well. Don't need to hit balls to fix that problem.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yep, you can do a lot of work in doors as well. Don't need to hit balls to fix that problem.

Right, the plan is a lot of swings or just backswings to really get used to this new position, but I just need to hit balls at some point to make sure the swing doesn't revert once I'm standing over the ball and/or when I'm on the course. As we all know those issues like to creep back in when we are out there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I don't want to say that this new swing adjustment was a miracle but I just played super well for me. Only problem is I was walking after mowing 4 yards and I got fatigued pretty quickly. I shot a 91 and the last 2 holes I fell apart because I was just too tired. I had a double and triple on the last 2 holes so it really killed my score.

8th hole par 3 was playing pretty short at approximately 120 yards and I did this with my 56*:

Unfortunately I missed that putt :censored: because the greens were so SLOW I could not get the speed right on my putts. I made a few but a lot ended up short even when I though I had hit it so hard it was going to blast by. I didn't 3 putt at all thankfully though. I didn't wear my golf shoes either and I felt myself slip several times while swinging. Was just a dumb mistake. My drives were mostly all fades which I think was based more off of the fact that I was hitting off the heel side of the club.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I don't want to say that this new swing adjustment was a miracle but I just played super well for me. Only problem is I was walking after mowing 4 yards and I got fatigued pretty quickly. I shot a 91 and the last 2 holes I fell apart because I was just too tired. I had a double and triple on the last 2 holes so it really killed my score.  8th hole par 3 was playing pretty short at approximately 120 yards and I did this with my 56*: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104743/] [/URL] Unfortunately I missed that putt :censored:  because the greens were so SLOW I could not get the speed right on my putts. I made a few but a lot ended up short even when I though I had hit it so hard it was going to blast by. I didn't 3 putt at all thankfully though. I didn't wear my golf shoes either and I felt myself slip several times while swinging. Was just a dumb mistake. My drives were mostly all fades which I think was based more off of the fact that I was hitting off the heel side of the club.

What's with the itty bitty flag?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What's with the itty bitty flag?

I think that's the flag location indicator.  Down low = front of the green, halfway up = middle, up high = back, for those courses that dont have red white and blue flags.

I think that's the flag location indicator.  Down low = front of the green, halfway up = middle, up high = back, for those courses that dont have red white and blue flags.

Oh! The courses I play don't do any of that. No colour codes, no varied flag heights, no pin sheets, hell, half the time there's no rakes! I dunno if people are stealing them or just tossing them in the woods. Maybe Gilberg is playing my course...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We have a lot of little people in Ohio.

Is it true that L. Frank Baum wrote The Wizard of Oz after spending a week in Ohio?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Oh! The courses I play don't do any of that. No colour codes, no varied flag heights, no pin sheets, hell, half the time there's no rakes! I dunno if people are stealing them or just tossing them in the woods. Maybe Gilberg is playing my course...

That could be.  Is it dark there most of the time..............................??...........................wait, maybe he was talking about your course.....at night......with the lights on???

Any BA uncles around?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Well, the course I played with @CarlSpackler yesterday was pretty darn nice. My game was up and down the whole time. When I focused on keeping my left arm higher and getting my right arm off my side in the backswing I had some pretty nice shots. A few really nice drives. I had a legitimate chance at winning the long drive and closest to the pin, but didn't capitalize. Just missed the green with my 5i @ 202 and had a little too much draw on my driver and rolled into the rough. I think if I keep focusing on this new adjustment I'll see a really good improvement in my overall accuracy on the course. My chipping/pitching suffered because I'm not used to playing on a course with such super tightly mown fairways. My putting wasn't horrible, was able to put good enough rolls on some putts to give Shane the read. Just about every putt left me in position that I had a 2 putt locked up as per my normal putting these days. I have turned my driver loft up to 10.5 for a bit to see how it works out. At 9.5 I did have one drive at 288 and another at 294. The one at 294 hit an uphill slope and was within 6 feet of where it landed. 3rd to last hole I hit a nice drive with the 10.5 loft setting 527 yd par 5 we had something like 212 or 218 to the flag after the drive.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Question for you - in my quest to eliminate my big lateral hip/weight shift on the back swing that became apparent when I signed up for evolvr, I noticed that my arms are very flat, probably even moreso that yours in the pic above. I'm glad that I'm finally swinging fairly regularly with minimal lateral movement, but I was wondering if my "new" flat arm position is a bad thing. It seems that it is. Did you have this issue and how did you fix it/were advised to fix it?

I have turned my driver loft up to 10.5 for a bit to see how it works out. At 9.5 I did have one drive at 288 and another at 294. The one at 294 hit an uphill slope and was within 6 feet of where it landed. 3rd to last hole I hit a nice drive with the 10.5 loft setting 527 yd par 5 we had something like 212 or 218 to the flag after the drive.

I hope you didn't do that mid-round. It sounds like you hit some shots at 9.5 and then switched to 10.5 later, but maybe the 9.5 was just a typo.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I hope you didn't do that mid-round. It sounds like you hit some shots at 9.5 and then switched to 10.5 later, but maybe the 9.5 was just a typo.

He did. This was a scramble and there was no competition, so it didn't matter. I think @Jeremie Boop and I would have preferred to play our own shots for an actual round, but the rep we were playing with wasn't very good and wanted to scramble.

- Shane

He did. This was a scramble and there was no competition, so it didn't matter. I think @Jeremie Boop and I would have preferred to play our own shots for an actual round, but the rep we were playing with wasn't very good and wanted to scramble.

Ah ok that's fine then. I thought it was a scramble tournament.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Ah ok that's fine then. I thought it was a scramble tournament.

Yeah, this was about as relaxed a golf outing as there could be. I wasn't going to change it because of knowing the rules but Shane reminded me that the round didn't matter so I went ahead and did it. I originally had it set on the draw setting which really screwed me up because my natural draw came back and the draw setting exaggerated it too much which caused me to lose the long drive because  the ball curved too much and rolled out of the fairway. Shane is right, I wanted to play my own ball for a real score but the APC rep was pretty much stuck on playing scramble so we did.

Question for you - in my quest to eliminate my big lateral hip/weight shift on the back swing that became apparent when I signed up for evolvr, I noticed that my arms are very flat, probably even moreso that yours in the pic above. I'm glad that I'm finally swinging fairly regularly with minimal lateral movement, but I was wondering if my "new" flat arm position is a bad thing. It seems that it is. Did you have this issue and how did you fix it/were advised to fix it?

I wouldn't presume to tell you if it's a bad thing or not. However, I wasn't really told any specific way to fix it, I just try to take a steeper backswing where it feels like my left arm is moving straight up to my shoulder line. As with all things this is a feel, but it's probably the first time I've had a feel that was actually really what was happening.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Shot 42 in league which is 7 over. 2 pars 1 birdie 2 doubles and 4 bogeys. I left a lot of shots out there in missed putts. 3 putted one hole after almost driving the green. Shorted myself on the pitch, blasted the first putt 6 feet by and then lipped out the come backer. Every other putt I missed either lipped or was within an inch of the hole as it went by. Definitely seeing some improvement.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!