IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Doleman needs to back down at this point and listen to Brian.  I don't like either of these guys but Doleman almost cost his team a loss and has no business making golf decisions for the team while he's unable to back up the words with his play.

I don't think Fish was being nasty, more matter of fact.  I doubt many on the show think highly of Meghan's golf skills and assume she's there for eye candy.  She was a college freshman or sophomore when she went on her first Big Break, so it's not like Meghan is even close to being on the level of typical Big Breakers.

Sasquatch saved the day, and Z seems to be slipping but she still looked good.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Absolutely loved in the elimination match when Shannon Fish said, with respect to Meghan Hardin, "I knew I was going to get it up and down and she wasn't."

Have to agree with you on Shannon, although she's been pretty solid when they've needed her.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in those seemingly omniscient sound bites.  Remember, those are all filmed AFTER everything is finished, so she had plently of time to come up with that.

Besides, ever better than that was when Doleman said "That was the worst shot I've hit on this show by far" and IMMEDIATELY both Shannon and Brian gave each other a hilarious sideways glance.

Doleman needs to back down at this point and listen to Brian.  I don't like either of these guys but Doleman almost cost his team a loss and has no business making golf decisions for the team while he's unable to back up the words with his play.

I don't think Fish was being nasty, more matter of fact.  I doubt many on the show think highly of Meghan's golf skills and assume she's there for eye candy.  She was a college freshman or sophomore when she went on her first Big Break, so it's not like Meghan is even close to being on the level of typical Big Breakers.

My first thought is the same.  But then I say, well, they're the only team that hasn't lost yet, so perhaps they shouldn't change the way they do anything right now?

BTW, I think I would have taken the opportunity to eliminate somebody there, and would have picked purple instead of yellow.  (Not suggesting its right, just that I think that would have been my strategy)  Worked out good for them though, now they know, every time they get immunity, somebody is going home.

• Upvote 1

BTW, I think I would have taken the opportunity to eliminate somebody there, and would have picked purple instead of yellow.  (Not suggesting its right, just that I think that would have been my strategy)  Worked out good for them though, now they know, every time they get immunity, somebody is going home.

I would have too, but Doleman asked Brian who he hated more.  I think they chose yellow because Brian was looking to avenge his loss to James from their last BB and Fish doesn't think highly of Meghan, plus most NFL defensive players hate QB's.

Joe Paradiso

I would have too, but Doleman asked Brian who he hated more.  I think they chose yellow because Brian was looking to avenge his loss to James from their last BB and Fish doesn't think highly of Meghan, plus most NFL defensive players hate QB's.

LOL!!  (Of course, purple is Team Bulger so ...)  But, I agree about Brian and the grudge.  He mentioned that a couple of times.

I like the call of trying to be the only team left undefeated. Now every other team has to play with the pressure of knowing this could be their last day. At the same time though, I guess that could work against team Doleman. Some teams seem to have stepped it up a notch after having taking their first loss.

I like the call of trying to be the only team left undefeated. Now every other team has to play with the pressure of knowing this could be their last day. At the same time though, I guess that could work against team Doleman. Some teams seem to have stepped it up a notch after having taking their first loss.

I also thought it was a good action.  They didn't send anyone home.  Just further leveled the playing field.  Recall that the other BB team with the strike was VERY perturbed when called out in an earlier episode.

Bill - 

Besides, ever better than that was when Doleman said "That was the worst shot I've hit on this show by far" and IMMEDIATELY both Shannon and Brian gave each other a hilarious sideways glance.

That was the best part of the episode. I hit rewind just to watch Shannon's expression a second time.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

Doleman was a lot nicer this episode.  I'm guessing it is because he totally stunk up the show.  His team carried him once again - but at least he didn't act terrible while they were doing it this time.

Meghan's best play of the year so far - that pink striped tank top in the testimonial.  I wish she could golf a little better.

Not always a fan of Brian, but he pulled it out in the end.  Good on him.

Will is really playing poorly.  He seems unphased by it thought.

gezz who picks out the clothes for Michele (I think thats her name one of the hosts), that was one of the worst outfits I've seen in a while. also looked like doleman had to eat some healthy portions of humble pie, he was the worst.

Im surprised Brian hasnt cracked Doleman in the knee with a 9-iron yet because this whole intimidation bit is so far over the line.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Every week I watch this show I feel like I'm only watching to see what Mallory and Emily are going to wear......... Jeeeeeeeeesus! .

Here, here.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Absolutely loved in the elimination match when Shannon Fish said, with respect to Meghan Hardin , "I knew I was going to get it up and down and she wasn't."

Fish > Hardin.

That being said, from what I've learned of Shannon Fish, don't think I'd like her very much.

Still loves me some Sasquatch!

Have to agree with you on Shannon, although she's been pretty solid when they've needed her. Doleman was a mess yesterday, maybe now he'll just shut up (doubt it though). Hard to believe they're still undefeated with all the drama.

Shannon has always issued hot sports opinions. That is just her nature. She called out Z and Kelly "Racktastic" Villereal at the Big Break Atlantis reunion show. She called out Meghan. But she wasn't wrong.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Shannon has always issued hot sports opinions. That is just her nature. She called out Z and Kelly "Racktastic" Villereal at the Big Break Atlantis reunion show. She called out Meghan. But she wasn't wrong.

Because of your post, I went and watched that episode.  Great one.

Shannon is impressing me.  She was ok during Atlantis.  Too bad she got knocked out so early.

But in this last Big Break - you could see a potential 'player' in the way she played and the stillness and awareness in her face.  I commented on her expression after her shots this episode a couple times - you could see she was fully into her strokes.  She has taken a step up since her last opportunity.

Kelly - well.......wow

(as for confidence and being confident - I hate to say it, but Chad is coming across MUCH better this time.  for similar reasons - you MUST be in the state where you think you can always play your best game)

Bill - 

Why wouldn't you like Shannon Fish?   I really like her style.  Do Texas girls scare you?  LOL...

Brian is showing more game this season.  He's been clutch...for the most part. I think Doleman is a huge idiot, but he's even starting to mellow a bit in the recent episodes.  Early on...I was rooting against Dolemans team because he acts like an @ss...plus I didn't like Hot Head Brian from the previous season.  Now I find myself rooting for them to see if Shannon and Brian can win in spite of Doleman...LOL

I really like Del Greco and hated to see his team go.  With that said...I don't really have any 1 favorite or least favorite team.  I enjoy watching everything unfold.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Why wouldn't you like Shannon Fish?   I really like her style.  Do Texas girls scare you?  LOL...

Scare, no, haha, I used to date a girl that was from Texas.

Has more to do with a few things politically she's said that I'm not a fan of.

For what little it's worth, though, I respect her game.  She's a very solid contestant.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I actually kinda' figured you were a lib reading between the lines. Ya better set the example and sign up for Obamacare!

LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

I actually kinda' figured you were a lib reading between the lines. Ya better set the example and sign up for Obamacare!

LOL

Haha, based on that one response or other stuff I've posted?

pt - Already have healthcare through my job. :)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!