IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being a 1HC isn't that big of a deal.......average 77-78 on a tough course and that will get you there.  I got to 0.0 index with a 77 scoring average.  higher HC players need to understand that even 1HC players have serious isues with the state of their game........

As a golfer who represents the <5HC golf community, we are hackers too.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Being a 1HC isn't that big of a deal.......average 77-78 on a tough course and that will get you there.  I got to zero with a 77 scoring average.  higher HC players need to understand that even 1HC players have serious isues with the state of their game........

Big deal or not, I'd expect a 1HC to be able to hit a green from 125 yards out, even under pressure.  I realize a 1HC is a long way from being a pro but we're also not talking about hitting it within 5' - 10' of the pin, they just had to land it on the green.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My average GIR% is close to 50%...........

It's not such a big stretch to miss a green from 125.  Do I expect to hit it?  YES....but I only succeed half the time.  Even from 125YDS in the middle of the fairway...... I still miss possibly 25% of the time. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

The amount of bad golf on this show is reaching epic levels.  I think most of the golfers on this show have vanity caps based on what we're seeing.  Z and a select few continue to impress while the rest don't look much better than 10 cappers.

Oren is either crumbling under the pressure or not nearly as good a golfer as he claims.   Brian consistently chokes in the pressure position then has the nerve to argue with Doleman on when he should go.  Some may disagree with Dolemen's handling of Brian, but the only way to deal with a bully is to out-bully him and Doleman is probably the only guy on the show that can.

Joe Paradiso

The amount of bad golf on this show is reaching epic levels.  I think most of the golfers on this show have vanity caps based on what we're seeing.  Z and a select few continue to impress while the rest don't look much better than 10 cappers.

Oren is either crumbling under the pressure or not nearly as good a golfer as he claims.   Brian consistently chokes in the pressure position then has the nerve to argue with Doleman on when he should go.  Some may disagree with Dolemen's handling of Brian, but the only way to deal with a bully is to out-bully him and Doleman is probably the only guy on the show that can.

Not to mention how easy the shots they hit are.  The english host is like "Oh my goodness! So and so just hit it within 15 feet from 125 yards that's amazingggg".  I've never seen so many duck hooks and banana balls on TV.

But the funny thing is that, for the most part, the worst golf is being played by the "pros!!"  Will and Brian were the worst flop-wallers.  Oren's drive on the next challenge was horrendous.  And then his putt in the final challenge?  That dude isn't anchoring anyway, he needs to ditch the broomstick cuz it ain't helping.  The only egregious screw up by an NFL guy this week was Del Greco flubbing that pitch.

This weeks Brian-Doleman confrontation reminded me of the movie "Miracle."  Doleman was claiming that he was motivating Brian to play well by making him angry at him, similar to how Herb Brooks gets the team to bond by making himself their common enemy. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

But the funny thing is that, for the most part, the worst golf is being played by the "pros!!"  Will and Brian were the worst flop-wallers.  Oren's drive on the next challenge was horrendous.  And then his putt in the final challenge?  That dude isn't anchoring anyway, he needs to ditch the broomstick cuz it ain't helping.  The only egregious screw up by an NFL guy this week was Del Greco flubbing that pitch.

This weeks Brian-Doleman confrontation reminded me of the movie "Miracle."  Doleman was claiming that he was motivating Brian to play well by making him angry at him, similar to how Herb Brooks gets the team to bond by making himself their common enemy. ;)

I agree.  The pros have the most screw-ups.  Not Z, she has been super-consistent. But you expect the pros to carry the football players, but they really aren't.  Missed puts, missed greens, can't carry the flop wall, terrible drives.

I found the Brian - Doleman thing to have very little logic.  Doleman's assertions seem strange to me.  Like that the first and last to do the flop wall have to be on the same page or something - discrediting the middle player.  Made no sense as the first and second palyers were for the same points.  And then he basically took credit for Brian hitting a 300 yd drive.  I found it to matter very little who went when as they all added up.  But Brian has hit 300 yard drives before and will again.  Doleman acted like it was all his doing and Brian's playing skills had nothing to do with it.  And I'm guessing that making a golfer angry works against you more often than it works for you.

Great flop by Lep.  And whomever hit the stick. Will is kinda terrible this time around.  Oren pretty bad.

I found the whole thing awkward at the beginning of the season, but I'm into it now.

They are putting Last Break up on Golf Channel now

http://www.golfchannel.com/search/?q=last+break+&submitSearch;=+

(For example, James, who holed the wall flop shot, hit glass in 2 seconds.)

Bill - 

I agree. I'm amazed by how poorly some of these people are playing. I'm sure nerves factor in, but they are so far from professional golfers it's a wonder they've made it far enough to be on the show. Either that, or the show has relatively low standards. Zakiya and James have both done very well, but outside of that, it doesn't seem to me like anyone else has a chance of making it at the pro level. I'm near certain that many of the players have vanity HC's, and truthfully I think I could beat some of the so-called "pros" (cough cough Will).

This show has made me feel so much better about my own game.  My favorite though is the blonde who missed the 3 foot putt last week (can't remember her name at the moment).  I'd like to play a round with her... :banana:

Golf is hard.

The girls in terms of hotness: 6. Shannon* - still very cute though 5. Zakiya - nice little body (spinner?) 4. Meghan - she is racktastic but her body/face are just okay 3. Stefani - cute with nice curves 2. Mallory - the prettiest face, perfect up-tops 1. Emily - body is banging and the thought of her in a bikini is a happy thought Shannon is a Longhorn and was eliminated too quick in Atlantis. I hope she wins.

Here are my rankings based on playing ability: 6. Meghan - thankfully, she looks good in a bikini (big gap) 5. Emily - her putting and short game leave a lot ot be desired 4. Mallory - she is solid but doesn't seem to be great at anything 3. Zakiya - her swing isn't the prettiest but thse i sinails 2. Shannon - Good game in all facets without Stefani's length 1. Stefani - She is long and her approach shots are deadly

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Gonna be a good one tonight. Love seeing Team Doleman crumble.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

If I remember right, I dont think team Doleman even has a loss to there name yet. Thats strange when all they show is them fighting with each other.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I've now decided that I feel bad for both Chris Doleman and Brian Cooper.  Mark Bulger said it correctly tonight ... when you put two alphas together they are going to butt heads.  They're both strong, and they just don't belong on a team together.  Of course, all that said, they are currently one of only two teams remaining without a loss, so maybe they do belong together.

I've now decided that I feel bad for both Chris Doleman and Brian Cooper.  Mark Bulger said it correctly tonight ... when you put two alphas together they are going to butt heads.  They're both strong, and they just don't belong on a team together.  Of course, all that said, they are currently one of only two teams remaining without a loss, so maybe they do belong together.

I find Chris Doleman is an instigating moron. Football means nothing on a golf show, I wouldn't be giving golf pros direction no matter what. He thinks he's Mr. Miyagi or something... Painful to watch.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Pretty good show last night.  The quality of golf seemed to improved.  I would have liked to see them play some actual golf - as last night was all challenge-type.  Good to see team Rice with that clutch putt.  A little redemption is good.  Loved how Rice handled that from the missed putt a few shows ago to the one she made last night.

Tafoya just seems out of place.  Never says anything golfish.  Doesn't wear anything golfish.  Looks lost half the time.

Starting to see a trend with Doleman.

1. Be immediately obstinate to any ideas presented by the rest of the team

2. Act like they are idiots for suggesting it and let them know what a loser they will be if it doesn't go right

3. Take full credit for success when Brian hits the good shots

Shannon was trying to get some space between he and Brian and told Doleman, "We probably shouldn't talk to him right now, he seems to be in the zone." And he replies, "Yeah, I put him there."  What a douche.  Then later, when they had the testimonial with the three of them sitting in chairs - the body language was telling.  Shannon was leaned way away from him and toward Brian.  Brian and Shannon both basically staring at the floor blank-faced.

They are still loss-less, so it could be argued that it is working.  But I'm not sure it is causal.  He does seem to know how to take the fun out of winning.

(I know, edited clip and all)  Even Rice is trying to talk down Doleman from being crappy to his teammates - "you just can't do that" or something like it.

I have nothing to add as Meltdwhiskey nailed it.

(Even my wife noted that Tafoya is a waste of airtime on this show in pretty much all categories we could think of)

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!